Team-BHP - BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/126290-bmw-320d-328i-f30-official-review-79.html)

The manual mentions another port in the glove compartment area, though I've not managed to locate it and it may not be available in the cars on sale in India.

Let me check the manual first (next week), then with the dealer, and if we still need more/accurate information I will connect with my contact at BMW Germany.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ais (Post 4100156)
The manual mentions another port in the glove compartment area, though I've not managed to locate it and it may not be available in the cars on sale in India.

Let me check the manual first (next week), then with the dealer, and if we still need more/accurate information I will connect with my contact at BMW Germany.

The second usb port in the glove box was only there for full idrive systems, before 2013. For smaller idrive systems there was only the usb port in the armrest. And even for full idrive systems after 2013 there is only one usb port in the armrest.

FYI the usb port in the glovebox was only used to transfer music to and from the hard drive, and also to update the software.

so took delivery of my Sportline 320 d. Some teaser pics. Planning to write a review in some time. Mostly will be photobased

Completed the 1st service of my 320d Sportline at roughly 1 year since purchase and 8,600kms on the odo.

Work carried out
Air filter
Oil filter
Engine Oil
Labour

Estimate was 25k but was able to finish within 18k as AC filter (~ Rs 5,000) was good and did not require to be replaced. Also decided to get washing and waxing (Rs 1,600) done outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay1234 (Post 4095812)
Keep traction control on. What you can do is press the button once briefly, so it goes into DTC mode. That will also some wheelspin without cutting it which will be good for your launch.

So keep the car in sport mode, gearbox in sport, left foot brake hard and with your right foot accelerate and keep the revs around 2.5k rpm. As soon as you leave the brake pedal to launch, put your right foot all the way down and don't remove it till you have won the race:D

Thanks for your help buddy.

Came second in class and am quite happy with the result.

I did 0-350 Mtrs in 14.15 secs (w/o reaction time). Is that good / bad /average?

The manual says "Do not use the USB audio interface for charging external devices". How then can we connect a phone as an audio source to the USB without letting it charge?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 4108329)
Thanks for your help buddy.

Came second in class and am quite happy with the result.

I did 0-350 Mtrs in 14.15 secs (w/o reaction time). Is that good / bad /average?

That's great. Which car was quicker? Can't judge the time since there are too many variables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ais (Post 4108859)
The manual says "Do not use the USB audio interface for charging external devices". How then can we connect a phone as an audio source to the USB without letting it charge?

I think charging phones is fine, shouldn't be an issue. Actually it charges the phones really quickly as compared to the cig lighting plug in chargers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay1234 (Post 4109628)
That's great. Which car was quicker? Can't judge the time since there are too many variables.

A heavily tuned and modified Skoda Laura belonging to and driven by the the owners of the tuning firm from Bangalore. That car and driver were quick! Car was making over 210 hp as per them, and the way it ran, it felt so!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay1234 (Post 4109628)
That's great. Which car was quicker?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 4109829)
A heavily tuned and modified Skoda Laura belonging to and driven by the the owners of the tuning firm from Bangalore. That car and driver were quick! Car was making over 210 hp as per them, and the way it ran, it felt so!

That Laura belongs to Bhpian Kryptonite, running with Stage 2 tune from Tune O Tronics :D. His car was the fastest diesel car and TOT won best tuner award for diesel. Kryptonite's Laura was faster than 530D and even 328I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4110574)
That Laura belongs to Bhpian Kryptonite, running with Stage 2 tune from Tune O Tronics :D. His car was the fastest diesel car and TOT won best tuner award for diesel. Kryptonite's Laura was faster than 530D and even 328I.

Yes, the difference in time between me and him was staggering to say the least.

Hello,

I am looking to take a plunge and get the 3 Series Lux Line in Chennai. Even though over all prices have gone up (43,45,912) for Lux line both D as well as I.

dealers are offering 7 lac discount plus pondy registration (save about 5 lacs ). the logic given is after GST it will all be the same so wont be a big deal to drive a pondy reg car for 6 months.

7.99 BMW financing, 3 EMI's free, 3 year-40K BSI Plus + Warranty and 4 year buy back are all standard deal offered by BMW.

let me know if this is a good deal and good time to buy.

cheers
krish

Dealer may be misguiding on GST and Pondy registration. AFAIK, GST will not change road tax rules, this will remain a state subject.

Thanks 84.mansoon, the more I think about it and discuss with people I realise it's false info so yes I agree.

So right now the best deals I have is 3 series lux line for 43L on road in chennai

Or

Pre owned 520 D with 17k on it for 38L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krcustoms (Post 4112064)
Thanks 84.mansoon, the more I think about it and discuss with people I realise it's false info so yes I agree.

So right now the best deals I have is 3 series lux line for 43L on road in chennai

Or

Go with a new car. Nothing beats that first day feeling in a fresh one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krcustoms (Post 4112064)

Or

The 5 lac difference isn't alluring enough to pick an older car. The 3 will beat the 5 not only in the driving dynamics department but also the looks department.

Expect 30-40% more attention on the roads if you'll opt for a 3, specifically because it's not as common as a 5 and it looks a lot sportier/meaner.