Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 16:34   #691
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Hey Neil Roy, loved the Alloys on your duster!

I am sure they are not the stock wheels, can you please share some details? Cost, brand etc? and did you go in for a tyre upgrade? If yes, details )

Thanks and keep revving !
To be honest, I dont know either the brand or the cost as of now.It is written Position on the centre cup. Actually the Tyre shop owner is a michelin tyre dealer and a good friend of mine. So both of us sat together and chose the design and he had it brought in through his sources. Unfortunately on the day I took delivery of the Duster he had to leave for switzerland(tyre company sponsored trip). So he asked me to drop by his shop and get it installed and after he comes back, he'll discuss the rates.
I did not go for a tyre upgrade as I'm afraid it will alter the handling dynamics of the DUSTER. I dont know if the photos truly captured it, but because of the negative offset of the alloys,the tyres are projecting outward and the DUSTER looks more muscular and aggressive. The added advantage is that my left fender is relatively safer.
Neil Roy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 19:29   #692
BHPian

Thanks for the update Neil Roy.
If possible please do let me know the brand and the rates from your dealer friend once he is back. I am planning to put alloys on my Ritz and the ones on your duster look simply fantastic! If i get to know the brand, I'll search for a similar design for my Ritz

The stock tyres look damn good and wide enough for all the grip you would need, I don't think you will need an upgrade!
Old 18th August 2012, 23:37   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
To all, I see only the grey + beige interiors in the pics. Is it the only version available or do we have a complete grey interior for any variant? If so, can I have the (link to the) pics please ?
No complete grey interiors for any variant.
The only difference in RXE i.e base model is beige colour on dashboard is replaced with grey colour and
center console has silver finish instead of piano black finish.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 12:48   #694
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renault website shows that ABS, EBD and Airbags are optional for the 85bhp RXL diesel. What premium does Renault asks for these safety features? Has any Duster RXL 85bhp owner got these optional features?

Last edited by //M : 19th August 2012 at 12:49.
Old 19th August 2012, 13:52   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M
The Renault website shows that ABS, EBD and Airbags are optional for the 85bhp RXL diesel. What premium does Renault asks for these safety features? Has any Duster RXL 85bhp owner got these optional features?
You can not pick and choose items from option pack. You either buy the one with or without the option pack. You can check the ex-showroom price for your city on the Renault site.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 14:17   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I don't think these are available as separately & you have to opt for the Option Pack. The price difference in Pune between the RXL & RXL(O) is one lakh & two thousand rupees, in that premium you get dual front air bags, ABS+EBD+Brake Assist, Driver Seat Belt Reminder, Reverse Parking Sensor & Alloy wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-rxl-pune-price.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-rxl-option-pack-pune-price.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-rxl-option-pack-features.jpg  

Last edited by AutoIndian : 19th August 2012 at 14:26.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 12:00   #697
BHPian

I have done few things on my duster. I got the vehicle fitted with mud flaps. I like it without mud flaps,but i had no option because my aftermarket wheel has slightly negative offset, which splashes dirty water all around just after travelling 1kms after wash. Hope to remove it after rainy season.

I got the quater glass tinted black. Felt it would give a bulky look towards the back part of the car. I got the trunk garnish into black, which was chrome.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120820_115345.png
Views: 19807
Size:  425.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120820_115355.png
Views: 9261
Size:  305.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120820_115409.png
Views: 8769
Size:  358.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120820_115434.png
Views: 6548
Size:  536.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120820_115452.png
Views: 6429
Size:  463.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120820_115510.png
Views: 6282
Size:  471.0 KB

I got a new set of floor matts. Its a 3d one, but not of the best quality. I could not find one for duster so got a univesal type. It looks good since its black, but not come out good in pictures.
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 12:09   #698
BHPian

Got my Duster 110 RxZ (Option) on the 15th August! Have driven 500 Kms so far, on roads ranging from the best kind in India (Jaipur Ajmer Expressway) to the worst kind of roads, filled with potholes (Ajmer Pushkar road), and the Duster brought a big smile on my face from the way it handled both the terrains. On the expressway, I drove it at max. 130 kmph (~2600 Rpm in 6th Gear). I am so happy with my decision to buy the Duster. And the Option pack on the top variant gets wooden inserts on the doors, and leather seats. Just love these both. Gives the car a much more premium look!

Now one very BIG DESIGN FLAW that no one pointed out till now is the odd placement of the rear power window switches. Every single time, Yes every time I sit on the rear bench, the power window switch , due to its odd positioning, is pressed and the window opens. I have to keep the Power Window Switch locked from the front door panel in order to avoid it. It should have been placed a little forward, so that it couldnt be pressed by the elbow each time you place your hand on the door panel. RENAULT please look into this design flaw.

Otherwise, Duster is a gem of a vehicle to own. Everything about it is just pleasing me.
Old 20th August 2012, 12:37   #699
Senior - BHPian

@Driven-Tweel
very sublte and well done mods. Did you consider smoking the rear lights ?

Tyres, i guess are the OE ones on the alloys ?

can you post the front pic ? any plans to reduce the chrome onslaught upfront ?
Old 20th August 2012, 14:01   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlover View Post
Duster brought a big smile on my face from the way it handled both the terrains. On the expressway, I drove it at max. 130 kmph (~2600 Rpm in 6th Gear).
Congratulations on getting your Duster on the Independence day, the Duster has now, in real sense, given you independence from the road conditions (be it pot hole ridden, laced with speed brakers or uneven surfaces). Great to know that you are happy with its ride. How about starting a separate ownership thread & sharing with us loads of pictures?

Quote:
Yes every time I sit on the rear bench, the power window switch , due to its odd positioning, is pressed and the window opens. I have to keep the Power Window Switch locked from the front door panel in order to avoid it. It should have been placed a little forward, so that it couldnt be pressed by the elbow each time you place your hand on the door panel. RENAULT please look into this design flaw.
Hope Renault is listening to this, feedback from other customers like you & try to improve upon these shortcomings in their next version. Given all such ergonomic quirks, Renault should not wait for more than 6-12 months to bring in the V2 version of Duster, if they want to retain their numero uno position one year down the line when competition heats up with the upcoming Ecosport & the likes.
Old 20th August 2012, 14:53   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
@Driven-Tweel
very sublte and well done mods. Did you consider smoking the rear lights ?

Tyres, i guess are the OE ones on the alloys ?

can you post the front pic ? any plans to reduce the chrome onslaught upfront ?
Wheels are aftermarket with o.e tyres. Trading the tyres would cost up to 20k. Mrf tyres on aftermarket wheels looks quite ok. 235/60/16 would look really good if wheels are of 7.5j. My rims are 7j, so 235 would not show its full size.

I din't want to smoke my tail lights because i had done it on my old tucson. It was really good for sometime after doing it. Few months later it started to look aged and outdated. Might be because it was a black car. It might be everlasting on white and silver. It may vary among people.

Getting the front grille black was on my list but was afraid if the vehicle would loose its presence. Wanted to try it, but stickering was tough on it. Once painted, you can't get back the chrome. It will look good for sure, but since the vehicle does not have the real suv size it might be a risk on its presence. Will wait for someone to try it. Doing it on photoshop won't do any help. Should see it in real.
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 14:58   #702

I booked a Duster. I sent a email to the company on 9th August and till date have not even got a courtesy response. I was told that after booking I would get a call from the company confirming the booking and updating me the likely delivery.

Can anyone here help me if this is true ? What is your experience in dealing with Renault India ?

Thanks

Ravindra
Old 20th August 2012, 15:38   #703
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note:

To all those owners sharing experiences with their own Dusters, THANKS!

However, please create new, independent threads on your rides. That will help 100X more members & guests.

Appreciate the support.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 15:48   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Now one very BIG DESIGN FLAW that no one pointed out till now is the odd placement of the rear power window switches. Every single time, Yes every time I sit on the rear bench, the power window switch , due to its odd positioning, is pressed and the window opens. I have to keep the Power Window Switch locked from the front door panel in order to avoid it. It should have been placed a little forward, so that it couldnt be pressed by the elbow each time you place your hand on the door panel. RENAULT please look into this design flaw.

Otherwise, Duster is a gem of a vehicle to own. Everything about it is just pleasing me.
Congrats Thunderlover for the sparkling Duster, should upload a few frames too. Regarding the rear window switches, it was discussed in this forum before, may be in the thread that was before the official launch thread. Its a problem but lets bypass it by driving with windows rolled up and locked, let the pollution stay outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasisht View Post
I booked a Duster. I sent a email to the company on 9th August and till date have not even got a courtesy response. I was told that after booking I would get a call from the company confirming the booking and updating me the likely delivery.
Ravindra
I don't think its true, as far as my experience goes. I had booked on 19th June, never received a call from head office though I had got delivery of my car. Deal with your dealer, if the dealer wishes you can get a car delivered this month too.

DRIVEN-TWEEL, you have guts man, to smoke the rear chrome but don't go for the front ones. The contrasting chrome in the front actually makes the duster look much wider, increases road presence as you have mentioned.

Waxed my Duster today after giving a the car a white vinegar rub. The hard water stains and mineral deposit marks have disappeared and its sparkling now.

GTO, as you have mentioned, will create a new thread hereafter, no option to delete this one.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 20th August 2012 at 15:52. Reason: Saw GTO's comment/advise after posting.
Old 20th August 2012, 16:09   #705

Hello all. I booked a Duster 110PS RXZ(o) in June. The promised date of delivery is before the end of July. But till now nothing happened and they are not sure when it is going to come. I am sick of waiting for it and now I am thinking of cancelling it and go for Fluence instead. My main priorities are good ground clearance and comfortable cabin but as the reviews and comments reveal the Duster's cabin seems to have issues like door rattlings, whistling noise due to lack of rubber on doors. Whereas Fluence has good ground clearance, much better interiors and rear seat space. What do you suggest? Is it worth waiting for the Duster?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks