BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Thanks a lot sandeepmdas
Old 11th October 2022, 11:23   #6227

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
Question to the Duster 110PS diesel owners,

What is the top speed you achieved on your Duster on the speedo?
Not asking for Vbox kind of accuracy.

Mine is a used one and I am the 2nd owner.
59k on the odo and runs on Ceat tyres.
Whenever I reach 110-120, the steering vibrates a lot and doesn't allow me to push any further.
I have 85 BHP Diesel model and i can easily do 120 km/h speeds, Infact this speed is one of the sweet spot (other than 90 km/h) for the engine and it is very smooth at this speed.
Have faced a similar issue, check your wheel alignment and this should solve the problem.
TheRainmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:33   #6228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Hey Foxtrot,

Along with some smaller things, I was billed 16,470/-. The suspension has by far been the biggest repairwork on my vehicle.

Brake pads were changed a couple years ago.. and I could feel the difference literally. You can easily check the width of the pads to gauge wear & tear. The same with the discs. Use a torchlight.. even if it's daytime.

As for the suspension, I remember feeling every bump and jolts on the road via the steering wheel.. along with dull "thud" sounds. A strange and worrying loss of traction if driven over rough roads in speeds above 50. (This was the norm otherwise.. driving fast over rough roads) Also, the front shocks were indeed leaking fluid. This was visible.

Have 92k on the odometer, and was indeed looking to upgrade. But now I'll wait for the EV options to mature out as I am enjoying driving the Duster all over again. Though I have the kitted out 85 (0) variant.. it is barebones if compared to any small hatchback these days. But the minute the drive is on.. I really don't care about the bells and whistles.

A very satisfied customer indeed.
Hi Shanmd,

My Duster is 2014 model and have driven 81000 + Kms. My front suspension needs replacement as i could feel even minor bumps, could you let us know cost quoted for one suspension in ASC?
Old 12th October 2022, 06:18   #6229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainmaster View Post
Hi Shanmd,

My Duster is 2014 model and have driven 81000 + Kms. My front suspension needs replacement as i could feel even minor bumps, could you let us know cost quoted for one suspension in ASC?
Hi

I need to figure where the itemised bill is to answer this. But offhand, it was in the region of 10-12k for both. Generally makes sense to change both sides together.
Shanmd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 14:24   #6230
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainmaster View Post
Hi Shanmd,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Hi

I need to figure where the itemised bill is to answer this. But offhand, it was in the region of 10-12k for both. Generally makes sense to change both sides together.
I too have 2014 110ps duster, front suspension was ~6k for each, so 12k for both done at Renault ASS.
bht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:09   #6231
BHPian

I have a very strange problem with my Duster. Almost 2 months back, once in a while the starter refuses to crank up. But after 2 or 3 attempts it always used to start. I told this to the ASS SA and they did a check and could not find a problem. They suggested that the Battery is more than 4 years old and is also losing charge. So I replaced it.

I continued driving the car for another 2 weeks. The issue would come on and off, but would start eventually. But once it refused to start and we had to push and start the vehicle. This time I left the vehicle at the ASS and they did a thorough check and did not find an issue. They said to record a video next time this occurred and I did that. But my confidence in the ASS is low as they could not find the issue after 2 attempts.

I will add the video here for bhp-ians reference. Any help in identifying the issue is highly appreciated. Also some more info about the car if that helps. The vehicle is a 2013-May model and has done close to 90K. Always serviced at the service centre.

One more thing, I was asked by the SA to change the Timing belt at 80K and based on my research I had decided to change it at 90K. Do you think whether this has anything to do with that ?

Last edited by shabash : 23rd October 2022 at 20:11. Reason: Adding more detail
Old 27th October 2022, 16:33   #6232
BHPian

I have 2013 85PS Opt with Media-NAV stock system. Has anyone recently updated the maps for this model? I see emails on map update (for a price !) for Media-NAV Evolution and but these don't seem compatible. Service folks also seem to be in the dark.
Old 29th October 2022, 04:15   #6233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I have a very strange problem based on my research I had decided to change it at 90K. Do you think whether this has anything to do with that ?
It has nothing to do with the timing belt, i think mostly this a Battery grounding issue or maybe the ignition switch issue. Take it to an auto electrician and get the battery grounding/ earthing contact checked/ cleaned. If there is rust formation/ it is loose it could lead to similar issues.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:49   #6234
BHPian

My 2014 Duster 85ps is due for annual service. ODO is at 71K now and I have couple of 1000km+ round trips planned in next 2 months.

Is there anything other than regular oil/filter replacement like timing belt change which need to be performed @ 8 yrs?

Brake pads and discs were replaced in 2019 (ODO: 55K)

I could not observe any other issues with the vehicle apart from a weal battery.
Old 29th November 2022, 22:25   #6235

Anyone has experience with fitting TREEL TPMS (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) sensors?

Specifically with regards the internal sensors, am curious if the sensor fits properly on the steel rim spare as I would prefer even that to have a sensor. As per post1 (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) (Honda BRV) & post2 (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) it gets fitted to the steel stepney... and as per another post (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) (Tata Nexon) it does not fit properly on the steel stepney.
Old 4th December 2022, 14:22   #6236

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchudeep View Post
Anyone has experience with fitting TREEL TPMS (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) sensors?

Specifically with regards the internal sensors, am curious if the sensor fits properly on the steel rim spare as I would prefer even that to have a sensor. As per post1 (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) (Honda BRV) & post2 (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) it gets fitted to the steel stepney... and as per another post (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) (Tata Nexon) it does not fit properly on the steel stepney.
Have been interested in installing a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in my Renault Duster from quite some while. Was contemplating it very seriously as a mid-life upgrade of my vehicle (completed 07 years recently & nearing 90,000Kms) and came to know of a very good deal.

I had already been researching the system by TREEL (owned by JK Tyres) and as per the above thread was getting very good rates from a dealer as part of a limited time offer (valid till 03 Dec 2022)...

As per the offer the rates were:
  • Set of 04 sensors: ₹2,550/-
  • Set of 05 sensors: ₹3,150/-
  • External display unit: ₹2,300/-
The post deal rates by the dealer are:
  • Set of 04 sensors: ₹2,950/-
  • Set of 05 sensors: ₹3,659/-
  • External display unit: ₹2,300/-
The dealer is based out of Sonipat, Haryana:
Mr Kunal Relan
+919999933644
Deal WhatsApp Group: https://*******************/L0cd9SMLOF6DbOopsgnMR3

Set of 04 sensors are sold at ₹5,599/- by TREEL on their website & at ₹4,999/- by them on Amazon.in.

You can actually use the sensors (04 or 05) even without the external display unit on a smartphone - in fact even with the Display one needs to pair with the smartphone first. It is just that I prefer an independent system.

The sensors have a claimed battery life of 07 years (batteries are not user replaceable), with 05 year replacement under warranty and the system have very good review as per my research. This is one thread (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth) on the TREEL system.

I will not thus go into more details of the system but rather add information relevant to others interested or what I have not come across about the System.

I placed the order on 30 Nov 2022 for a total of ₹5,450/-. Package with items was received on 03 Dec 2022 via DTDC. All items were in original packing with seals intact.

Received items:
Renault Duster : Official Review-01.jpg

01 sensor was of 30 Jun 2021 manufacture, 03 sensors of 27 Nov 2021 manufacture and 01 sensor of 20 Dec 2021 manufacture. Display is of 30 Mar 2022 manufacture.

Marked each sensor with tyre code: FL, FR, RL, RF, S, using a permanent marker for later identification.

The sensors are designed to be used with the ‘SmartTyre Car & Bike app’ (Android App / iOS App) by TREEL. One needs to create a user account to use the app and give basic information of vehicle.
After opening all items, paired the sensors with the app, by scanning the QR code and added as per planned position.

App's main screen after initial pairing - only temperature being displayed
Renault Duster : Official Review-02.jpg

Post pairing the sensors with the App I received an e-mail from TREEL with a product kit code with the Tag ID of the sensors and Display.

The sensor data displayed by the App takes some time to update the information, so one needs to be a little patient in the beginning. I suspect the sensors transmit at interval as also on sensing motion to maximise battery life. The App allows checking the battery level of each sensor which were all showing 100% even though some sensors have completed more than 01 year from manufacture.

Next, synced the Display using the app by scanning the QR code, after which the Display gets info uploaded from the App of the sensors, user/vehicle info and configuration (minimum/maximum pressure, temperature, display ON time etc). Was also prompted for firmware update of the Display and it was done without any issues (to version R3.1 dated 07 Nov 2022). This was a pleasant surprise that the firmware will easily receive updates.

The next day, headed to a local tyre shop to get the fitment of sensors and also wheel balancing. Installing sensors on 05 tyres and wheel balancing for 04 tyres (less the spare and including cost of balancing weights) came to a total of ₹960/-. There was no issue in fitting the sensor even on the spare wheel rim (non alloy).

Sensor installed on the wheel rim:
Renault Duster : Official Review-03.jpg

Valve of TREEL system on the wheel:
Renault Duster : Official Review-04.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-05.jpg

App's main screen displaying sensor data:
Renault Duster : Official Review-06.jpg
Detailed screen for individual sensor:
Renault Duster : Official Review-07.jpg
Sensor setting which also displays battery percentage:
Renault Duster : Official Review-08.jpg

Fitted the Display to the right of steering wheel column console. The Unit comes with a strip of 3M double side tape on the front half of the bottom. For better fit, added a strip on the rear half too. Placement was based on easy access to the three buttons on the Display’s right side with enough space on left for connecting charging cable if so required anytime. The Display does not stay switched ON all the time. What I have observed so far is that once the vehicle starts after some time (I think triggered by motion of the sensors which then transmit to the Display), the Display switches on and showing the status. Of course one can manually switch ON using the buttons to check at anytime.

Display fitment:
Renault Duster : Official Review-09.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-10.jpg
Details of device with firmware version:
Renault Duster : Official Review-11.jpg

Overall for a total cost of ~ ₹6,400/-, I feel it is a worthy upgrade.
kanchudeep is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 15:14   #6237

This is a feature I’ve also been looking forward to.

Although I’ve been prompted time and again by Drivvo app to check my air pressure whenever I make a refuelling log entry, I’ve just been procrastinating on the filling of tyres to the correct pressure.

Thanks @kanchudeep for sharing this steal of a deal.

I’ve ordered mine without the display for now.

Will update and link here.
Old 4th December 2022, 17:44   #6238
BHPian

Thanks for the excellent, review Deep. Is it possible to use this without the display?
Old 4th December 2022, 17:50   #6239

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanarmy View Post
Thanks for the excellent, review Deep. Is it possible to use this without the display?
Yes, very much...

One has to pair the display with the smartphone app first. Can be very well used only with the smartphone.
Old 4th December 2022, 18:10   #6240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchudeep View Post
External display unit: ₹2,300/-
That stand-alone display looks quite retro like those OLED displays for R-Pi.

How’s this display powered?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks