Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:11   #5956
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hey guys

My 2013 Duster's air con control knob that controls the air flow to the various vents stopped working. Dealer wants Rs 5,000 to replace the entire unit.
Any suggestions on what i should try/do first?

Thanks in Advance
Is it jammed or broken? If not used regularly, it usually gets jammed. I had faced similar issue. A bit of extra pressure and it started working.
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:29   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Hey guys

My 2013 Duster's air con control knob that controls the air flow to the various vents stopped working. Dealer wants Rs 5,000 to replace the entire unit.
Any suggestions on what i should try/do first?

Thanks in Advance
available for 300Rs on ali , you may need to select the exact model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-PC...AbTest=ae803_4
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 12:12   #5958
BHPian

I got my 5th year service completed yesterday at Renault Mayapuri workshop in Delhi. Total bill was Rs. 14,355 including Rs. 1800 for windscreen water bottle replacement. This is after the workshop gave me a 15% discount on labour charges.

- EGR valve cleaning costed Rs. 1680
- Rear brake checks costed Rs. 600
- AC Vents cleaning costed Rs. 1200
- Synthetic oil close to Rs. 4500

I was advised:

- That my front shockers are leaking and both need to be replaced. I am guessing it could be the case of the strut leaking. Anyways, they wanted Rs. 11,000 for replacement and I asked them politely to leave that. I was advised about the same last year and I did not opt for replacement. So, I am not sure if the workshops are trying to make some fast buck or what? No noticeable ride discomforts noticed during the entire year.

- Was told that my AC knobs have hardended and would take Rs. 7,200 to replace them all. Passed their suggestions once again.

- Was asked to replace tyres. Odo reads 31800 kms and tyres seem good to go for at least 5,000 Kms if not 10,000 Kms. The dealer pitched for Goodyear tyres at Rs. 7,800 a piece.

The reason behind writing this long post is to share a few concerns that I have.

- One of the Renault workshops closed last year in Delhi. It appears that getting Renault vehicles serviced in Delhi from authorised workshops is becoming more difficult. There was no customer feedback form offered by the workshop, unlike on previous service occasions. I had to wait for close to an hour before I got the vehicle. Was advised to pick the vehicle at 1830, and got the same at 2000.

- It is clear that the service workshops try hard to get the customer to spend on non-essential items and even try to spend on things that are not required. In my case, the clear case was of shocks, AC knobs and tyres. I mean, what sort of service standards are being maintained by Renault at its workshops? Have they left everything at the discretion of the service workshops?

Lastly, I think this was my last visit to an authorized workshop of Renault. Somehow, the service workshops do not inspire the required confidence with Renault anymore.

Is anyone aware of a good FNG in West Delhi?
rdhawan15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 14:58   #5959

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
I got my 5th year service completed yesterday at Renault Mayapuri workshop in Delhi. Total bill was Rs. 14,355 including Rs. 1800 for windscreen water bottle replacement. This is after the workshop gave me a 15% discount on labour charges.
I think leakage of shock absorbers is a common problem as service guy insisted on changing mine too but as you said I declined too as I didn't find any change in ride quality.

Looking at all the new SUVs hitting the market, I am also getting concerned about service part. But the silver lining is that Renault Kwid has been able to take good market and hope it would help keep the workshops going.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th April 2019 at 15:39. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability.
Old 8th June 2019, 12:59   #5960
BHPian

Gents,

In a bit of a dilemma. Does buying a Current Gen Duster makes sense or should I wait for the new version? There has been no news of the New 2019/20 Duster. Any updates? I have to finalize my purchase by Sep'19.
Old 8th June 2019, 16:18   #5961
BHPian

Quote:
That my front shockers are leaking and both need to be replaced. I am guessing it could be the case of the strut leaking. Anyways, they wanted Rs. 11,000 for replacement and I asked them politely to leave that. I was advised about the same last year and I did not opt for replacement. So, I am not sure if the workshops are trying to make some fast buck or what? No noticeable ride discomforts noticed during the entire year.
Although I do not own a Duster but from my experience of long term ownership of the Getz I can tell you this that suspension and shock absorber / suspension or all costlier problems are more proactively pointed out by SA in workshops post the expiry of the warranty / extended warranty.

However I would advise you to get a 2nd opinion from another workshop or from local reliable mechanic. But shocker or suspension problems can cause other impacts of they are lingered for long. For example they can weaken your engine mount or cause long term vibration damage to steering column which would be even costlier replacements. Furthermore, the suspension works as a collective, one side degradation may impact the other side's too. So either you drive very carefully or for the peace of mind get them replaced.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2019 at 11:12. Reason: compacted quoted post
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 08:14   #5962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post
Gents,

There has been no news of the New 2019/20 Duster. Any updates? I have to finalize my purchase by Sep'19.
The new Duster is not expcted in India this year, we may see a mere facelift version. If you are happy to live with the interiors, buy it else look at other vehicles.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:00   #5963
BHPian

I'm sure many of you have already caught this autocar scoop. Such a 'Jugaad' job IMHO, especially at the rear. Looks like current generation vehicle will stay on for one more year.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...on-form-413039

Renault Duster : Official Review-imageresizer.jpeg
Old 10th June 2019, 21:47   #5964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Is it jammed or broken? If not used regularly, it usually gets jammed. I had faced similar issue. A bit of extra pressure and it started working.
I have a similar issue. It's not the knob this time. Two services back, the knob went free but was fixed within warranty without replacements. This time my 2013 year Duster too has a AC problem. The air flow and cooling seemed very low. The service center guys checked and report that most of the air is flowing towards the floor unchecked. The blades which control the air flow have gone very stiff and hence need replacement along with connecting cables. Estimate - 5000/-. So do we have a choice? So much to speak of Renault's reliability.
Old 11th June 2019, 14:47   #5965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Such a 'Jugaad' job IMHO, especially at the rear.
I seriously don't know what is wrong with Renault. Their sales have been hit big time. Instead of taking launching the new Duster, they want to put a Mark IV grill and flog the current version.

In my opinion the exterior of the duster is nice. They only need to improve the interiors.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 11th June 2019 at 14:49.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 22:16   #5966
BHPian

So the car completed 190k kms in 49 months. The 190k kms service cost breakups
  • Engine oil -1461
  • Oil filter-169
  • Oil purge-373
  • Oil additive-373
  • Cabin filter-338
  • Front wiper blades-399
  • Accessories belt-450
  • Labor-500
  • Wheel alignment rotation-600
  • Wash and polish -300
  • Total- Rs 4969

Not bad at all. I could have avoided 1500 from this in a general service. Except accessories belt I brought everything from Amazon and boodmo. Next major service will be at 240k km , which might take some time as I might be buying a venue to do out station visits by the year end. Also might need to change tires around 200k kms. Still loving the car, the ride and the pretty low running costs.

Renault Duster : Official Review-20190618_175340.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2019 at 23:04. Reason: Formatted
mh09ad5578 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 00:35   #5967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
So the car completed 190k kms in 49 months. The 190k kms service cost breakups
This is a phenomenal experience. Do you have your ownership thread. I would really like to go through your experience of maintaining a Duster. Did you face any injector failures or shocker issues as many of other Duster owners reported.

Overall I am impressed with your service costs..

Last edited by ampere : 19th June 2019 at 01:30. Reason: compacted quoted post
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 07:25   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
This is a phenomenal experience. Do you have your ownership thread. I would really like to go through your experience of maintaining a Duster. Did you face any injector failures or shocker issues as many of other Duster owners reported.

Overall I am impressed with your service costs..
I don't have a separate thread and have been posting occasionally about the ownership experience on this thread itself. If you want I'll PM you the 150k kms experience which I have posted in this thread. I've changed the right shocker front at 60k kms was denied warranty for this and had to pay about 6k for it. The front left shocker was changed at 100k kms at cost of about 4k. The rear shockers both were changed at 180k for a cost of 6k. The car runs on rural and semi rural bad roads fifty percent of the time and mostly run at full speed on any kind of tarmac conditions, I'm pretty sure in hands of a sedate driver these would have lasted double the life.

I stopped servicing the car at the asc at 60k kms. I faced injector lockup the next day after driving down from Bangalore to my home town after my 60k service. There was a lot of water, about more than 2 liters in the fuel tank. Though I did refuel after the service at the back of my mind I suspect that the asc guys were the culprits as I had an argument with them regarding the service bill estimate. Though I can't be sure about this. The injectors were serviced for 6k locally at a Bosch center. Since 150k kms I'm getting random injector errors on the dashboard, have an OBD sensor connected which shows that each time a different injector is shown with an error. Have got injectors checked at the Bosch center but haven't found anything wrong with them. There's no difference in the running of the vehicle too. My mech suspects a rat bite in wiring for the issue but I haven't been able to find time to troubleshoot to find the source. The vehicle runs fine though, some day shall get this sorted.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 07:38   #5969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Over all experience is not complain off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
I don't have a separate thread and have been posting occasionally about the ownership experience on this thread itself. If you want I'll PM you the 150k kms experience which I have posted in this thread. I've changed the right shocker front at 60k kms was denied warranty for this and had to pay about 6k for it. The front left shocker was changed at 100k kms at cost of about 4k. The rear shockers both were changed at 180k for a cost of 6k. The car runs on rural and semi rural bad roads fifty percent of the time and mostly run at full speed on any kind of tarmac conditions, I'm pretty sure in hands of a sedate driver these would have lasted double the life.
I can only stand in amazement at how your car has been driven! Mine is hitting 120K. Shockers were changed at 100K once. On the whole have had no complaints with Renault service as such. I drive sedate and go for regular maintenance at every 10K.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 07:56   #5970
BHPian

Quote:

Were you able to find a reliable FNG for the duster as I am myself looking for one in South Delhi as being ripped by the asc all the time is not a good idea

Last edited by ampere : 20th June 2019 at 08:16. Reason: compacted quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks