Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2017, 14:42   #5641
BHPian

The price is good for a 40k run vehicle, but any normal bloke going for a test drive on a demo vehicle will wreak havoc with the vehicle and an AWD will only get the worst of this as the person taking the test drive will 100% go bananas on broken surface. I wouldn't buy this vehicle, but I'm not the one saving 5L
saurabh sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 14:50   #5642
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
The price is good for a 40k run vehicle, but any normal bloke going for a test drive on a demo vehicle will wreak havoc with the vehicle and an AWD will only get the worst of this as the person taking the test drive will 100% go bananas on broken surface. I wouldn't buy this vehicle, but I'm not the one saving 5L

Thank you sir, you are absolutely right. A demo vehicle is certainly meant for extreme grilling. Even I do the same when I go for TD . It's just that am getting impatient to have a AWD now that is making me think and explore all possible options to have it early
Old 6th August 2017, 17:19   #5643
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktinanda View Post
. It's just that am getting impatient to have a AWD now that is making me think and explore all possible options to have it early
Whatever price they offer for it be sure they also provide extended warranty 80,000 km over and above the current 40,000 km reading. And also replacement of wear and ter parts like the clutch and shock absorbers wihin that period.

There's a reason why they are selling a 40,000 km run car. And thats because its just out of factory warranty.
Old 6th August 2017, 17:31   #5644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Whatever price they offer for it be sure they also provide extended warranty 80,000 km over and above the current 40,000 km reading. And also replacement of wear and ter parts like the clutch and shock absorbers wihin that period.
Add to that list the differentials and other 4WD components. Such components are maybe abuse-friendly on mud, but need care and won't tolerate neglect after or before offroading.
Old 6th August 2017, 18:00   #5645
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Thanks sir, this is what I need to figure out physically tomorrow. Also need to figure out how the services and warranty shall be covered for this vehicle. The person did mention on phone that the vehicle will be covered under extended warranty. Shall ask for clutch and shock replacement too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Add to that list the differentials and other 4WD components. Such components are maybe abuse-friendly on mud, but need care and won't tolerate neglect after or before offroading.
Thanks sir, Shall inspect the differentials and ask for replacement if not okay.

Shall visit the showroom tomorrow and have a look at the vehicle from all angles and after that shall discuss all this paperwork jargons and then decide. Have already waited for 2 weeks, wouldn't mind waiting for 2 more for the new AWD. Don't want to save 5L and repent later

Last edited by ampere : 8th August 2017 at 20:01. Reason: Formatted post
shaktinanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 12:58   #5646
BHPian

I wouldn't recommend the demo vehicle as it would have been used and abused by many. There are a lot of undesirable activities going on, such as switching good parts, weekend off road parties, since the demo vehicle is nobody's baby. Be patient for a couple of weeks and you will get a new vehicle you will love to drive. Don't compromise on anything to get the vehicle in a hurry. Also remember to check the VIN to figure out the manufacturing date of the new vehicle.
All the best for a lifetime of ownership of one phenomenal vehicle.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:05   #5647
BHPian

Quote:
URGENT Advice Needed, Please Help

Renault dealer here has a 'Outback Bronze' colour 2016 (later half) model AWD which they have been using as demo vehicle. It has covered some 40k kilometres. They are offering me this vehicle for 10.80 lakhs as they are not in a position to deliver a new ADW before 20th of this month. Is this a good deal? I will save around 5 lakhs but the Odometer will show 40K. As this is a demo vehicle and yet to be registered under RTO, I will be the 1st owner of the vehicle. Is this proposal worth considering? Or it's worth wait for two weeks? Please advise.

Which city are you in? I heard from my dealer in Bangalore that they have 2 more 2016 AWD Adventure edition available. When I say that the vehicles are not with them but at the Renault plan Chennai it self. Why don't you try try for the same.
Old 8th August 2017, 08:21   #5648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
I wouldn't recommend the demo vehicle as it would have been used and abused by many. There are a lot of undesirable activities going on, such as switching good parts, weekend off road parties, since the demo vehicle is nobody's baby. Be patient for a couple of weeks and you will get a new vehicle you will love to drive. Don't compromise on anything to get the vehicle in a hurry. Also remember to check the VIN to figure out the manufacturing date of the new vehicle.
All the best for a lifetime of ownership of one phenomenal vehicle.

Thanks sir, Did notice the way the vehicle has been used. In fact some of the advisors there who know me personally suggested not to procure the vehicle and wait for the new baby to arrive. Kindly let me know where to find this VIN ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Which city are you in? I heard from my dealer in Bangalore that they have 2 more 2016 AWD Adventure edition available. When I say that the vehicles are not with them but at the Renault plan Chennai it self. Why don't you try try for the same.

Thanks sir, am from Bhubaneshwar. The renault showroom guys here told me that Adventure has been discontinued and it's not available anymore at any place. Initially I was looking for adventure model only. Shall speak to the DGM of the showroom and find if they can procure one of the two vehicles they have in stocks. As of now they have been telling me that not a single vehicle is available in outback bronze colour anywhere.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2017 at 08:56. Reason: Typos
shaktinanda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2017, 12:25   #5649
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sir, am from Bhubaneshwar. The renault showroom guys here told me that Adventure has been discontinued and it's not available anymore at any place. Initially I was looking for adventure model only. Shall speak to the DGM of the showroom and find if they can procure one of the two vehicles they have in stocks. As of now they have been telling me that not a single vehicle is available in outback bronze colour anywhere.
As far as I know there are 2 White and 1 silver AWD Adventure editions available at the renault manufacturing plant chennai. If you are interested in those colors then you can ask the dealer for the same.
Old 8th August 2017, 17:52   #5650
BHPian

How to find VIN:

Check out this thread from Team BhP http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html.

On the Duster, this will be a sticker on the rear quarter glass. You need to decode this using the thread given above to find the manufacturing year and month. Some dealers try to pass on older vehicles as new.
Old 8th August 2017, 18:06   #5651
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
As far as I know there are 2 White and 1 silver AWD Adventure editions available at the renault manufacturing plant chennai. If you are interested in those colors then you can ask the dealer for the same.

Just now renault fellow called up and said that an outback bronze colour AWD has been billed and shall be despatched for Bhubaneshwar soon. Hopefully I will get my AWD by 15th
Old 9th August 2017, 15:27   #5652
BHPian

Quote:
Just now renault fellow called up and said that an outback bronze colour AWD has been billed and shall be despatched for Bhubaneshwar soon. Hopefully I will get my AWD by 15th

Great news. Enjoy the AWD ride.
Old 11th August 2017, 16:13   #5653
Senior - BHPian

I found a nice ’feature’ that helps you get to the boot without unlatching the seat. Pretty useful if you are inside & want something from the back.

sridhu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 18:59   #5654
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

A bit of an update. Had waited for quite long with the worn out key fob to change it. I had ordered the replacement part online from Amazon. There are a number of sellers offering the same part.The one I ordered was for INR 410/-. It is a very generic part which is available on a number of online stores. After installation I found out that the same is available on Aliexpress for about 1/4 th price.

Replacement was very straightforward.

Before
Renault Duster : Official Review-1.jpg

Old key opened.
Renault Duster : Official Review-2.jpg

Installed in the new key.
Renault Duster : Official Review-3.jpg

After
Renault Duster : Official Review-4.jpg
  • A bit of fiddling around to bend the terminals is required, in the replacement key-fob to establish the contact with the battery and chip.
  • Replacement key fob is Black whereas the old one was Grey.
  • Replacement one feels the same in weight and quality as the original.
  • Replacement key fob has plastic buttons which are slightly harder to press than the old one's rubber ones.
Tgo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 20:07   #5655
Senior - BHPian

Duster owners and fans, any idea of next gen Duster hitting our shores any time soon? Current gen duster is already 5+ years old and I am seriously waiting for the new gen to come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks