Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 14:11   #5326
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Renault Duster 35000 km done
Hi, my RXE, purchased in July 2013 has completed 35000 kms now, and after my recent trip from Bangalore to Durgapur (WB) I realized that the power has come down considerably. It also tends to be a little jerky in city traffic and I have to mostly use the first gear. I also found a little bit of black smoke while accelerating from zero. On moving to second gear, the smoke disappears.

Any suggestions?
You may want to get the filters checked? My take : They may be clogged and hence effect intake/exhaust? (Just a guess)
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 14:25   #5327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You may want to get the filters checked? My take : They may be clogged and hence effect intake/exhaust? (Just a guess)
So when is it normal to get the clutch assembly changed/serviced/replaced?
I don't do clutch riding and in my Bolero I don't think I ever had to get the clutch replaced.

You think just the filters will do the trick? Air and diesel filters, right? Are there any other filters?
Old 14th March 2016, 14:33   #5328
BHPian

Quote:
I don't do clutch riding and in my Bolero I don't think I ever had to get the clutch replaced.

You think just the filters will do the trick? Air and diesel filters, right? Are there any other filters?
Is the Check Engine light on? I had very similar symptoms when my intercooler developed a leak after an accident with a four legged animal. I couldn't go over 90 and black smoke beyond that, check engine light was on- You can probably read error codes- either at the dealer or buy your own OBDII interface.
epijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 14:38   #5329
BHPian

no, there are no warning lights on the dashboard. Let's see what the dealer has to say.
hopefully just cleaning the filters will do the job as ampere suggested. Am worried if it is a clutch thing. Sometimes engaging the first and the second has become an ordeal. Needs physical effort.
Old 14th March 2016, 14:38   #5330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Clutch should not go bad. That may not be the issue. But none the less good to get it checked.

Quote:
Yes those two are the big ones. They can cause loss in power. But I dont know if that can so significant. Better to check with others too.

Quote:
Sometimes engaging the first and the second has become an ordeal. Needs physical effort.
I have felt it too. But that may not be the reason for loss in power. Because at higher speeds you are already slotted on 5th. So I doubt its a clutch thing.

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2016 at 14:41.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:33   #5331
BHPian

Quote:
no, there are no warning lights on the dashboard. Let's see what the dealer has to say.
hopefully just cleaning the filters will do the job as ampere suggested. Am worried if it is a clutch thing. Sometimes engaging the first and the second has become an ordeal. Needs physical effort.
It is mostly due to clogged air filter. I faced a similar issue (along with lower FE) when the car was around 16-17k old and a quick cleaning of air filter improved things.

Mine is a 85ps RXl which is code6 remapped.
DieselLover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 19:42   #5332
BHPian

Have anybody in this forum been using Race dynamics tuning box for Duster?

If so kindly share your feedback.
Old 15th March 2016, 06:39   #5333
Senior - BHPian

Quick update on the light dimming issue: ( This one)

got the SA to agree there is a problem. (Took some doing but since the difference is only about 10%, I dont think it is a willingness issue).

Unfortunately, the answer seems to be that it is because the Duster uses an electrical power steering and the draw in power does affect lighting. No answer when I asked "then why is it variable across the cars in your garage?" Seems that new cars do not exhibit it as much; it only becomes obvious as time goes by. (Mine is 2 years old, 50k km)

That seems to point to a problem with either the battery or lessening efficiency in the alternator. Since the car starts easily, I would probably rule out the battery.

So c'est la vie.

BTW, with respect to the the hard gear shift between first & 2nd, check the amount of transmission oil. I had the issue and seems to have gone away once the transmission oil was topped up. Why transmission oil is consumed is a different question for another day!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 09:05   #5334
BHPian

Well...relocating to Coimbatore this month after 31 years in Bengaluru. Got the 30K servicing done at Whitfield Renault. The air conditioning vents were cleaned and air filters changed. They also suggested that brake pads need to be replaced after another 3k km. ASP promised to send the service records to Coimbatore; said that even otw the service records are in centralised DB, is that correct? Have to figure out the Renault service center at Coimbatore though vaguely remember approaching them 2 1/2 years back for a fuse replacement. while returning from Kerala trip. Cheers
Old 16th March 2016, 12:02   #5335
BHPian

Got the third service (20000 Km or 2 Years) done at Divine Auto Delhi. As advised by other BHPians owning Duster, I struck myself to the mandatory basics of the service. Total bill was Rs. 4854/-. Two optional items including valve cleaning and fuel additive were offered by the adviser to 'improve performance', and I politely refused for the same.
Service adviser and overall service experience was, otherwise, above average.

On inquiring about the anti-rust treatment, the service adviser mentioned that it is actually a wax treatment for the under-body. I would have had to leave the Duster overnight for this treatment to be done. Did not make any sense and hence decided against it.

Last edited by rdhawan15 : 16th March 2016 at 12:05. Reason: added more clarity
Old 4th April 2016, 13:29   #5336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
On our vacation recently mostly in 6th gear, I noticed that the fuel consumption indicator only went up from an already low 12.6 kmpl to a paltry 12.9 kmpl on the return trip, nothing like the 18 kmpl we got last time. I am fairly certain this is reasonably accurate as I spent around Rs. 2,000 more on this trip compared to similar ones we have done in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I took our Duster AWD Diesel to Renault Silk Board on January 23rd. They cleaned the air filter, checked through the OBU port (where they didn't find anything wrong) and reset the display. Now the fuel gauge seems to be working correctly.

However I am still having a problem with fuel consumption. The display is now showing 9.2 to 9.6 kmpl even though its been a couple of weeks since I came back from the service center.
Just wanted to post an update about the high fuel consumption problem I have been facing since around December last year. Fuel consumption had dipped from 14 kmpl to an agonizing 9.1 kmpl no matter whether driven in the city or on highways.

The problem as it turns out were rats. Rats had dirtied the air filter and defecated all over the air filter compartment which apparently they considered home. The rest of the engine bay was clean.

The Service Manager at Renault Silk Board showed me the mess, vacuumed the filter and the compartment and the fuel consumption was back to 14 kmpl.

My first action item is to get rid of the rats. But I never knew air filters were so important, so I am considering buying an after market filter. What do Team-BHPians use on their Duster? I looked up on Green Air Filter but I am not sure if Pete's is selling them any more.
nowwhat? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 02:29   #5337
BHPian

Hello People,
My duster (85ps rxl diesel) completed one year this April. ODO reads 16000 Kms.
No issues till now (Touch wood) except for a Tik Tik sound which started just after 10k service. It took me a while to find the source but now it’s completely gone. Was planning these racing stripes from sometime finally managed to do it. 
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20160403_142709.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20160403_142735.jpg  

divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 17:57   #5338
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Can anybody kindly give me the escalation number or email for Renault?

Having an issue with Trident Renault, Whitefield. They took 15,221 from me by credit card for insurance renewal and now they do not want to renew it. They asked me to send a mail outlining a reason for the refund & I refused saying that I am happy to take the policy and THEY do not want to issue it to me.

Now they are asking for my bank account details, which I have again refused.

They claim that they cannot issue a check without my bank account details nor can they reverse the credit card charge.

Clearly there is a scam going on here. I think this needs to be escalated. Hence the request for contacts.

Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 18:10   #5339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Hi

Can anybody kindly give me the escalation number or email for Renault?
Thanks
Hi sridhu,

I understand your concern. But whats the harm is sharing A/C and IFSC code. IMO its not worth escalating since the response you'll get will be lacklustre for sure. Better give A/C details and get the amount credited. Get the insurance elsewhere. It not worth the headache.
Old 5th April 2016, 18:16   #5340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Clearly there is a scam going on here. I think this needs to be escalated. Hence the request for contacts.
Renault is not providing the insurance, so I am not clear what they are expected to do. They can't really force the dealer to issue the insurance policy. Who is the insurance provider?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks