Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2015, 07:52   #4996
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hi All,

How to verify that the ABS and EBD is functioning properly in your car?. Is there any standard procedure / test to do that?. If so is there any place in Bangalore to do that?
Old 4th July 2015, 13:47   #4997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Hi All,

How to verify that the ABS and EBD is functioning properly in your car?. Is there any standard procedure / test to do that?. If so is there any place in Bangalore to do that?
If ABS warning light does not stay on after you start the engine, the ABS system is working fine.

If you are still willing to test it. Find a gravel track(not on a public road please!), apply brakes firmly at 20kph, if you feel the pedal kickback with some weird noises, its working fine.

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th July 2015 at 18:44.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 10:03   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
I'd say unless you're a rally/race track bred driver, skip neither ABS nor airbags.

Take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_braking_system. The first paragraph and the ones titled Operation and Effectiveness should give you enough background to make that decision.
Thanks a lot for the info isiv. Now I chose to wait for S-cross and Creta. I hope that even their low end varient of 1.6L will be priced less than 85 RxL and have better features than duster. Also seem to have basic safety in place (ABS + front air bags).
If not will go back to Ciaz which fits my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
ABS can kick in at any speed. I have had it kick in at crawling speeds (10kmph or so) in bumper to bumper traffic because I was a driving over a diesel spill. It has kicked in and allowed me to steer safely around an idiot jumping a signal, I was doing 50kmph or so.
Please invest in ABS+EBD. You won't regret it.

ABS helps prevent accidents.
Thanks a lot. Certainely helps understand its importance. Now, I will have ABS box ticked along with budget and comfort.

Last edited by bblost : 5th July 2015 at 10:46.
Old 6th July 2015, 10:02   #4999
BHPian

Team,
I would like to know the discounts offered on Duster in Chennai. Last month, when I enquired:
RxL 85 -70K (Special pricing where the ex-showroom price is brought to <10L to save tax worth 50K, in total making it 70K saving)
RxL+ 85- 55K (35K cash discount on OTR and 15K accessories and 5K Exchange bonus)
RxL 110 - 55K (same as above)
This was inline with what I saw in CarDekho

Today, per CarDekho offer upto 70K on all variants but the dealer says that it is same as last month. Just wanted to know if the above discounts are correct in Chennai this month?
Old 6th July 2015, 12:10   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Team,
Today, per CarDekho offer upto 70K on all variants but the dealer says that it is same as last month. Just wanted to know if the above discounts are correct in Chennai this month?
You can always refer to https://www.renault.co.in/offers.html
I have observed that between dates 30th till 2nd, the link shows an error and after 2nd its updated with the offers that are valid for that month.
Old 7th July 2015, 23:14   #5001
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Slightly off topic, but since Duster and Terrano are siblings, posting here.

I have a Bronze Grey Terrano-2015. I am unable to decide the color/pattern of seat and color of universal arm rest. I have shortlisted few, attached here for your suggestion.

I have got the Beige and Black leather wrapping on steering wheel done by Devaraj (JC Road, Bangalore)- excellent work

I am interested in Black/Dark Grey/Silver seats considering our conditions, however, this color is being opposed by wife and kids, they are towards Beige/Grey combination. I am inclined to agree Beige/Grey or Beige/Black looks rich and roomy compared to darker shades.

Pls help me to decide, best color combination of seat and armrest.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-terrano_seatcovers_1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-terrano_seatcovers_2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-terrano_armrest.jpg  

hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 23:37   #5002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Dear Friends,

I have a Bronze Grey Terrano-2015. I am unable to decide the color/pattern of seat and color of universal arm rest. I have shortlisted few, attached here for your suggestion.

I have got the Beige and Black leather wrapping on steering wheel done by Devaraj (JC Road, Bangalore)- excellent work

I am interested in Black/Dark Grey/Silver seats considering our conditions, however, this color is being opposed by wife and kids, they are towards Beige/Grey combination. I am inclined to agree Beige/Grey or Beige/Black looks rich and roomy compared to darker shades.

Hi,
I have opted for black-orange combination and it looks stunning.
According to me Black-red or Black-orange is the best combination but we all have our own taste so go with your instinct.
Old 7th July 2015, 23:54   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Last week I got seat covers for my duster from imperial leathers . I chose beige and grey color and my duster is brown . I feel the light color adds roominess to the interior . I got grey color leather wrap for the steering wheel as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-image.jpg  

soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 10:50   #5004
BHPian

Thank you divyankar and soumen.

I have decided on the pattern, need to decide fast on the color combination.

@soumen, I guess you are talking about the Imperial Leathers at Vijaya Bank Layout. I stay near to that place.

How is the workmanship and cost?

I got my old Verna seat covers done by Pensee Leathers (Mr.Satish Rai) on Kanakapura Road for 9k. They had done a good job, but they try to push their standard designs.
Old 8th July 2015, 21:08   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Hi Hummer, I got my seat covers done at Imperial, Bannerghatta. I was impressed with the workmanship and the price quoted was also not too high. You can also request for the armrest top surface to covered with the same material as the seat covers.
Here are a few designs from them:
Renault Duster : Official Review-carseats.jpg

Here is the design from my White Duster, nappa black with silver stitching:
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_2113.jpg

If you ask me I would go for black any day. Beige would be difficult to maintain in my opinion, however it would look good with grey. The one with perforated material (last design) is a good one, especially for summer.

Go for an armrest colour which matches your seat covers.
Falcon_blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 00:02   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you divyankar and soumen.

I have decided on the pattern, need to decide fast on the color combination.

@soumen, I guess you are talking about the Imperial Leathers at Vijaya Bank Layout. I stay near to that place.

How is the workmanship and cost?

I got my old Verna seat covers done by Pensee Leathers (Mr.Satish Rai) on Kanakapura Road for 9k. They had done a good job, but they try to push their standard designs.
I got the Napa art leather covers done and cost and quality of workmanship was very much satisfactory .They were very professional and methodical with their work.I am quite satisfied with the end result .I will try to update some more pictures soon .And I stick to the beige color as I have got kagu mats in the same shade and the seat color does complement the whole interior setup.I also got the steering cover done in leather which is in grey color and overall a job well done by the imperial team .I think it would be easier for you to decide if you go there and see the different materials and colours available with them .
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 21:48   #5007
BHPian

Decided to go with Beige (single color) as per family wish

Found another shop Spoorthi Sofa and Car Seat Covers near Hulimavu, close to DLF New Town. He has some PU leather type which I didn't see anywhere, he says it is called Faux Nappa, it is exactly matching to my Terrano interior color, very soft feel, but was of different Nappa from what I saw in Imperial.

No feedback available on Spoorthi.

I will post the picture once it is done from Spoorthi or Imperial or Pensee.

Thanks for the advise/suggestions.
Old 12th July 2015, 22:45   #5008
BHPian

Guys, I own a Petrol Duster (RxL) which I purchased in September 2014 and have done 8500km. I am very happy with my car. Is there anyone else on the forum owning a petrol duster. Does not really seem like
I have done several road trips each of ~900km on multi lane highways, single lane highways, ghat sections and the Duster has taken on each with ease. Driving in the city is a real delight though the car is big. The light clutch really helps. I get a mileage of around 8-11kmpl in the city which varies as per the traffic. On the highways I consistently get a mileage of over 14kmpl which is extremely good since the manufacturer claims 13.2kmpl.

Any reasons apart from mileage that the Duster petrol is not hugely popular?
Old 12th July 2015, 23:09   #5009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Any reasons apart from mileage that the Duster petrol is not hugely popular?
Primary reason is that when Duster was launched, the diesel vs petrol fight was heavily stacked against petrol thanks to the huge price difference between the two fuels. In fact many even wondered if Duster Petrol even existed outside paper! Also I think Renault did less to promote the petrol variant.

Now with that equation tilting a bit more on even terms, I feel, that original stand may change. But it also depends on how Renault takes it forward.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2015 at 23:18.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 23:13   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Primary reason is that when Duster was launched, the diesel vs petrol fight was heavily stacked against the Petrol thanks to the huge price difference of fuels. In fact many even wondered if Duster Petrol even existed outside paper! Also I think Renault did less to promote the petrol variant.

Now with that equation tilting a bit more on even terms, I feel, that original stand may change. But it also depends on how Renault takes it forward.
I completely agree with the point that Renault did less to promote the petrol variant. They do not even have an RxZ petrol version and even getting a test drive vehicle was tough and took sometime

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks