Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 16:30   #4666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What kind of fix did they do. Is it cleaning and repainting?. The hitch with repainting is that, if the rust was not removed properly and the anti-rust treatment not done perfectly, rust would reappear in around six to eight months.

Thanks! Frankly don't have a clue. Certainly will watch for any deterioration and go right back to them. What precautions I could take other than applying a sealant to that area, waxing it regularly....? Cheers
Old 20th January 2015, 15:20   #4667
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
You can not avoid getting on your knees, but at least it enables to do a visual inspection.
Hi HillMan,

If I could paraphrase you, "You can not avoid getting on your knees", but a married man is used to that anyway

Cheers!
Old 20th January 2015, 15:55   #4668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Mine was the first Duster to come out of the showroom in Kolkata after launch and its still niggle free. i managed to solve all problems with a few rubber plugs. If you have done so, I would suggest you visit some local mech who deals with door locks and seat fittings. Going to the service station to fix door noise is a waste of time. Its just door noise and not rocket science. I am sure you will be able to solve this too. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
My Duster has run 17K+ KM. No door rattles yet.
I do hear a small squeaking sound from driver side A-pillar (i think). I have not been able to pin point the cause.
This started very recently. Need to check in detail this week.

Occasionally I hear small squeaks due to vibration of air-con vent. Not sure how this can be fixed.

Mostly I am very happy as these occasional sounds are not major irritant.

One issue that i need to sort out soon (nothing to do with rattles/sounds) is the driver seat rail. Its so loose now that, i can feel the seat shift a little when going through curves (hair pin bends especially)
I'm going to agree with both of you: am also happy with the performance so far. In my 2 year+ Duster there are a couple of niggles, eg the front passenger seat squeaks. The only major thing was that the air direction knob got stuck but that was sorted out in the servicing. plus with an avg of 18 kmpl, 90% in the city, I'm not complaining.

Cheers!
Old 21st January 2015, 16:54   #4669
Senior - BHPian

Duster is now available with discounts up to Rs 60K for 2014 manufactured cars and up to Rs 1L for 2013 manufactured ones, which means that they are still carrying 2013 stocks.
Old 22nd January 2015, 23:43   #4670
BHPian

Any idea, when the facelift would hit the market? There have been speculation about first quarter launch but nothing was concert. Am looking to book a Duster but holding back because of the impending facelift launch.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:04   #4671
BHPian

what is the OEM fog lamp bulb specification of Duster? I am planning to upgrade low beam and fog lamps as the throw is not good for night drives.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:08   #4672
BHPian

Even I am waiting for the news on Duster facelift!!

However, facelifted Duster (saw in pics) does not look much different from existing model. I could notice minor changes in front grill, back lights, roof railings etc.

Last Sunday I visited the Renault showroom at Bangalore, they haven't even received the 2015 model updated with 2-3 new features.

Also received an info from a Hyundai showroom at Bangalore that IX25 has been received for testing purpose, scheduled to launch in April.

I expect the Renault to introduce facelifted Duster before Ugadi (21 Mar), as many would be aspiring to buy new vehicles on this auspicious day. Hope to see some new colors atleast!!

Last edited by hummer : 23rd January 2015 at 10:36.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 16:27   #4673
BHPian

I too visited the Renault showroom couple of weeks ago. At that time they were still carrying 2014 pricelist and told me that they would give me a call once they get the 2015 pricelist but haven't got a call back. Also, the sale rep pretended to be ignorant of the facelift launch. I know there is no dramatic changes in the facelift from what I have seen in the pictures but if its gonna hit the road soon, I prefer to wait.
Old 24th January 2015, 16:50   #4674
BHPian

Am a newbie here and have joined couple of days back. Just wanted to thank all Duster owners as many of their views were instrumental in purchase of Duster in May14. Just completed 10k Kms and 2nd service. The cost of 2nd service at Khivraj Renault Chennai was just over 3.5k. Informed SA not to do wheel balancing and alignment as am planning to do it outside.
Old 26th January 2015, 12:56   #4675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
what is the OEM fog lamp bulb specification of Duster? I am planning to upgrade low beam and fog lamps as the throw is not good for night drives.
I guess its H11,If i am not wrong H8 can also be fitted.But i am not sure on this.
Old 26th January 2015, 18:58   #4676
BHPian

Ok, so a bit of a panic happening here. Opened the bonnet of my 2-month old 85ps, and I see a twitching tail hanging from the engine heat shield. Scared, the grey rat jumped into the bay and promptly disappeared, somewhere inside. I couldn't find the bugger again.

So now, I'm thinking rat poison as well as sprays but am also reading that almost all are useless against this menace. Any solutions to this that I'm missing out?

The vehicle is parked inside the compound in an open area near the boundary wall with absolute no edibles anywhere near.
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th January 2015, 20:04   #4677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
The vehicle is parked inside the compound in an open area near the boundary wall with absolute no edibles anywhere near.
Thanks in advance.
No permanent solution. The rat mesh Renault installs will keep the rodents from entering into the cabin from the AC duct and few other openings.

My friend had fixed bottle cleaning brush at various spots in his M800. He was happy with its effectiveness. The theory was, the rodents wouldn't bit the brush or climb through because the needle would poke back and that would irritate them and keep them away.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 23:54   #4678
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so a bit of a panic happening here. Opened the bonnet of my 2-month old 85ps, and I see a twitching tail hanging from the engine heat shield. Scared, the grey rat jumped into the bay and promptly disappeared, somewhere inside. I couldn't find the bugger again.

So now, I'm thinking rat poison as well as sprays but am also reading that almost all are useless against this menace. Any solutions to this that I'm missing out?

Thanks in advance.
This solution might not sound good to most.

I used to have the same issue with my previous car, M800. One cause I realized was the car cover. It cuts out light completely during day time also.
Making the engine bay cozy.

The rat started building nest over the strut attachment point. To pass time, it would chew up the wires, water tank cap and tube.

Finally the solution:
I dabbed the metal surfaces where the rat sat with some greeze. Turns out rats don't like sticky feet

Many would avoid this approach to avoid the dust collection and cleanup involved. It is affective. I did this for a month or so and stopped using the car cover. I park under a shelter. Once the rat moves on, your car is safe again.
sumeshmani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 07:52   #4679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So now, I'm thinking rat poison as well as sprays but am also reading that almost all are useless against this menace.
Rat poison is not so nice, i suppose- read somewhere here in this forum that once the rat consumes the poison, it becomes mad and bites everything that comes in it's way.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 11:13   #4680
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
You can visit 'noratsincar.com'.
Found this ad in Overdrive,they have a spray which can be used in engine bay.
Unable to attach picture, as i am posting from mobile.
The contact no is +919821048334.They are based in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks