Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2015, 13:41   #4651
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Rusty Duster, yeah that's what the Dacia Duster forum calls. I left my Duster for the rust, pain peel and noise - all related to beading over the doors near the roof and the metal piece. I had posted the peeling of paint and rust on left side; this morning while handing over the vehicle, gave a thorough examination. Lo and behold, some paint had started peeling on right side near the driver door. So, now they will examine thoroughly the entire vehicle and fix all issues they find. It may take 2 work days or even more. I pointed to the service advisor the issues posted in the UK Dacia Duster forum. Now I wait and see how much the issue get resolved.

The question to the experts, how long do I wait before I can give a sealant treatment to the areas where the issue is fixed, couple of days or more? Will that help or I have to take additional steps?

Cheers
Old 5th January 2015, 16:01   #4652
BHPian

Long pending Updates:

Got the Steering covers done by Devraj of JC Road for 900 bucks. Must say the hand work of the stitching is too good and due to genuine leather being used the feel of the steering has changed a lot from the original bare bone Plastic.

I also completed a mandatory highway travel on the 25th Dec 2014, the route taken was Bangalore-Nelamanagala-Yediyur-CR Patna-Arsikere-Shimoga-Agumbe-Manipal. We stayed for 2 Nights and visited Udupi Krishna Temple / Malpe Beach / Kaup Beach and Lighthouse.

Total Journey was of 1000Km. During the initial Nice Road and upto Yediyur was getting around 18.8 Kmpl as per On Board Display, while for the entire Trip it was showing around 17.6 Kmpl at the end of the Trip. The same was also verified by Tank Full to Tank Full Method and i was pretty happy with these mileage figures for a 110 BHP Mill that too before the 1st Service

On returning to Bangalore, i gave my vehicle for 1st Service as i have already crossed 2000 Km. Nothing major as a complaint, however i insisted to get an Engine Lacquered for approx 678 bucks and the result was good.

Some pictures from the Trip of the "Bison"
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20150103_181005.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc02568.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc02695.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc02705.jpg  

soumobakshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 16:07   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
So I gave my Duster for the 20,000 km service. Apart from the general service, I gave them a lost list of complaints to fix- all squeaks, creaks and rattles- the holy trinity of a Duster. From the base of the seats to the roof, everything makes unnecessary sounds. Have ordered a set of Duster AWD's additional door weatherstrips, for research purposes

Attachment 1322894
I checked the same prior to taking delivery of my RXL 110, but the all weather strip fitted at the front of the Rear Door beading looks to be easy for a fitment, however the one which is inside the rear door and is responsible for a much more respectable rear door closure sound looks to be fitted using holes in the door itself.

Please share your observation post you receive the spares and do update on sound issues !
Old 5th January 2015, 17:07   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Have ordered a set of Duster AWD's additional door weatherstrips, for research purposes
For how much and how many beadings are included in the package? When I enquired White field bangalore dealer he was mentioning 1300/- just for the front side piece itself which is fixed using double sided tape.
Old 5th January 2015, 17:39   #4655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
For how much and how many beadings are included in the package? When I enquired White field bangalore dealer he was mentioning 1300/- just for the front side piece itself which is fixed using double sided tape.
Wow, when i inquired in Trident, Mysore Road they said as of now its not available and will let me know as soon as it is

Also any idea about the beading that goes in side the curvature of the rear door ? Can it be retrofitted ?
Old 5th January 2015, 18:30   #4656
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Next gen Renault Duster to get 7 seater configuration

The Renault Duster has proven to be a one model saviour for the French car maker in India. Under either the Renault or Dacia badges, the compact SUV is very popular in markets such as India, Brazil and certain European nations. The next generation Duster is likely to go on sale in 2017, and a report suggests that the SUV will see an increase in length, along with the provision of 2 more seats at the back.

According to the report by a French publication, the new Duster will see an improvement in space at the back in order to better accommodate 2 additional passengers. It is important to note that the Duster is already offered with the option of adding a jump seat as an accessory. However, the jump seat is quite small and is ideally usable only for small children. Expected to be revealed towards the end of 2016, the new Duster will get design inputs from the Oroch concept, which was showcased at the 2014 Sao Paulo motor show. The new Duster is also likely to see a reduction in weight along with more efficient petrol and diesel engines.

Source: Cardisiac

Renault Duster : Official Review-daciadusterorochconceptpressshot.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_3527.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 5th January 2015 at 18:34.
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 18:56   #4657
BHPian

I just got my 10K second service completed though my odo reads only 6073Km. Mine is a 85ps and of Aug 2013 make.

Some updates regarding door rattling and steering kick back which is a common feature of all old gen Dusters.

Total cost of service is Rs.3844/- which includes all the periodical works to be carried out for the second service. I got the rear door beedings changed free of cost. One point mentioned by service advisor on the front door rattling is that the size of the hook on to which the door latches has been increased so that the doors are more securely held tight. He was mentioning some size of 13 which I am not sure of. Attaching pic of what I am referring to. Fortunately my vehicle was already with the updated hook.

Another important update which made me happy is the solution for steering kick back and rattling while turning. The power steering pressure pipe was changed to a latest version which is basically a bigger pipe, so that the pressure does not kick back (as narrated by the SA). I should say it does make a difference and I dont feel any kick back now an the steering itself feels much more lighter. This was done free of cost under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

deepeshh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 15:04   #4658
BHPian

Post fix pictures on paint peeling and rust in Duster

I got back my White Duster, 6 hours ahead of time. The job of fixing the peeled pain and rust removal have been done well. In fact I think the beading replacemenet or re-fixing or both has addressed the noise issue very well. Then I have to take it on highway which I will next week to know the effect. I have been assured that the paint peeling and rust will not recur. Let me hope so.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-postfix1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-postfix2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-postfix3.jpg  

Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 03:33   #4659

3rd Jan - 2015 - Year of the Sheep - Became the proud owner of brand new Renault Duster - RXL dCi E2 Plus.

Coming from i10 - Baleno - Elantra I was not sure on how good the handling of the car would be. It showed me on day 1.

After taking the delivery of the car me and my wife went for a drive. Was cruising at around 80-90 kmph and suddenly a buffalo decides to run towards us. I had to swerve crazy towards my left, luckily there were no cars behind me I felt like my rear tires are loosing traction so I turned right again to control the car. Lo! behold I was facing in the right direction with a freaky stable car. I pulled over, kissed the car and had a smoke. I'll never doubt the car ever again!

And thus was my car christened Fidel!
machahary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 21:15   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
So I gave my Duster for the 20,000 km service. Apart from the general service, I gave them a lost list of complaints to fix- all squeaks, creaks and rattles- the holy trinity of a Duster. From the base of the seats to the roof, everything makes unnecessary sounds.
Did they fix all the rattles?
I am already hearing lot of rattles/squeaks from seats and boot in my 4k kms old duster :(

Any idea what fix they are doing for these issues
Old 8th January 2015, 22:04   #4661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Post fix pictures on paint peeling and rust in Duster
What kind of fix did they do. Is it cleaning and repainting?. The hitch with repainting is that, if the rust was not removed properly and the anti-rust treatment not done perfectly, rust would reappear in around six to eight months.
Old 10th January 2015, 19:32   #4662
BHPian

Just saw the Renault Duster commercial on television, announcing Duster 2015. It shows the updated instrument cluster (from AWD), three spoke steering wheel with cruise control buttons (from AWD) and touchscreen ICE (again from AWD) now available on the regular duster. However from the commercial it seems that the beige colour tone has been retained like the old model.

Last edited by somitra1981 : 10th January 2015 at 19:40. Reason: Correction of information
somitra1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 18:14   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
.. but the all weather strip fitted at the front of the Rear Door beading looks to be easy for a fitment, however the one which is inside the rear door and is responsible for a much more respectable rear door closure sound looks to be fitted using holes in the door itself.
Please share your observation post you receive the spares and do update on sound issues !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
From my observation, the weatherstrips beneath all four doors are fixed on the doors using rivets. The part has not arrived in the dealership yet, and I haven't bothered to check the price 1300 for a front door piece is exorbitant, I will enquire the price tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Did they fix all the rattles?
I am already hearing lot of rattles/squeaks from seats and boot in my 4k kms old duster :(
Any idea what fix they are doing for these issues
If not all, they managed to fix many of the rattles and squeaks. However the seat squeaks are back after a 1000 km trip.

I was told that they removed the seats, cleaned up the rails and lubricated them up. I'm going back to them tomorrow to see what they can do about it now.

These are the issues that were fixed:
  • Rattles from both Airbag compartments- These were caused by wires.
  • Rattles from Roof- Added paddings

These are the issues that needs attention:
  • Squeaks from driver seat
  • Creaks from doors/door strikers (Presumably)
  • Creaks from seat belt height adjuster
  • Rattles from boot (I've no clue where this comes from)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
..updated instrument cluster (from AWD), three spoke steering wheel with cruise control buttons (from AWD) and touchscreen ICE (again from AWD) now available on the regular duster.
MediaNav was available in Dusters since 2013.
Old 19th January 2015, 06:39   #4664
BHPian

Quote:

I am already facing all these issues (ODO at 4.5k).
My old swift started to rattle only after 20k kms or so :(
Old 19th January 2015, 11:27   #4665

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
While getting a puncture fixed last week noticed quite a bit of rusting. Is this normal? 3800 kms on the odo.
Sorry for the delayed post. Family matters needed attention.

Well this is the reply I got after I sent them the pictures (an SA had called prior to this email with the same explanation) -

Dear Sir
With reference of your concern regarding the rusting on spindle/drive shaft/wheel hub/disk brake we check your concern in details and confirming you that all concern parts are casted ( Cast Iron ) so rust will never result to deformation and will never effect the performance of above mention parts.

With Warm Regards,

Monika Sethi
Customer Relationship Manager
Renault Delhi West,
(Unit Of Divine Autotech P Ltd),
16 Rama Road,
New Delhi - 110015,
Mobile: +91 –8588814686

It would be prudent to add that where I live the water is very hard and generally rust sets in much faster.

Still plan to have it checked at the service center on my next visit.

Quote:

MediaNav was available in Dusters since 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
I am already facing all these issues (ODO at 4.5k).
My old swift started to rattle only after 20k kms or so :(
The squeaks from the seats can be really irksome. First faced this issue round 3K kms. Had taken the car to the service center and they sprayed 'Carb & Choke' on all the springs and rails. After this the noise did die down for a while completely. Though it has resurfaced (now at 5k kms), it isn't constant and as severe as earlier. Just an occasional squeak. Hope it stays that way.

The rattle from the boot - have you checked that the lug wrench and jack are fixed properly in their slot?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks