Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 12:19   #4606

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_blr View Post
Hi anexas06! Nice alloys there. Goes really well with the white Duster.
Here is my 'White Horse' with alloys running on stock MRF Wanderers.
Hi Falcon_blr! Thanks! I couldn't help noticing the similarity on the alloy design...though your one has more spokes. For a moment there i was like WHOA! I feel this finish really goes well with white dusters. I noticed you got the OEM side view mirrors with the led blinkers. I had contemplated getting the OEM led head lamps and tail lights but they cost a bomb!
Old 19th December 2014, 12:53   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
Hi Falcon_blr! Thanks! I couldn't help noticing the similarity on the alloy design...though your one has more spokes. For a moment there i was like WHOA! I feel this finish really goes well with white dusters. I noticed you got the OEM side view mirrors with the led blinkers. I had contemplated getting the OEM led head lamps and tail lights but they cost a bomb!
Thanks anexas06! Yeah, the designs are quite similar and go well with white.
The LED blinkers cost me about 3k at the dealer. I decided against the led head lamps and tail lights for the same reason
Old 19th December 2014, 13:40   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Is there something happening on the front of "Gang of Dusters". I received the kit and a few calls from them. No information ever came after that.
I received a call from someone about 'Gang of Dusters' couple of weeks after I got the vehicle. Does it really have any benefits, I have not read much about it other than people getting some sort of welcome kit.

Last edited by SinghP09 : 19th December 2014 at 14:00.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 13:49   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about Faridabad. In Delhi, you can visit Sai Mag Wheels. That's where I got my alloys from (see pic ) after reading about them on team bhp.

You can check the following links for reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...rial-area.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ag-wheels.html

Have driven about 4,000 Kms now and haven't had any issue with the stock apollo tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_blr View Post
Hi anexas06! Nice alloys there. Goes really well with the white Duster.
Here is my 'White Horse' with alloys running on stock MRF Wanderers.

Thanks guys. Both look awesome and I also have a white duster so would love to get one of those.
Any preferences for brands and how much did these cost?

I am not sure if it is because of the Apollo tyres, but the ride is definitely bumpier than the test drive Duster which I think had MRF's. Pressure I have on them is 30psi.

Mods, Apologies, Just learned how to multi-quote and hence two posts one after the another.

Last edited by SinghP09 : 19th December 2014 at 13:59. Reason: Edited to tender an Apology on posting two posts one after the another.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:26   #4610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Thanks guys. Both look awesome and I also have a white duster so would love to get one of those.

I am not sure if it is because of the Apollo tyres, but the ride is definitely bumpier than the test drive Duster which I think had MRF's. Pressure I have on them is 30psi.

Mods, Apologies, Just learned how to multi-quote and hence two posts one after the another.
Hi SinghP09! Mine are EVO brand alloys, the design is similar to one found in OZ racing wheels. It cost me 35k for a set of 5 wheels.
If you like the Duster OEM alloys you can order the smoked alloys through the dealer. The smoked alloys are much cheaper than the silver ones. They might cost anywhere between 7-8k per piece. The silver finished ones are expensive at 10-11k per piece.

I maintain a tyre pressure of 30psi (though recommended is 29) in my stock MRFs and the ride is not that bumpy.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:08   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
I received a call from someone about 'Gang of Dusters' couple of weeks after I got the vehicle. Does it really have any benefits, I have not read much about it other than people getting some sort of welcome kit.
Actually I have also not gone through it much in detail as Duster is my wife's primary vehicle. However, there were a number of coupons inside the kit that promised of some discounts while specific jobs whenever the car would visit the workshop. Most of them that I could randomly see were related to washing and polishing kind of jobs.

Plus, they also promised some excursions for the Gang of Dusters members. I got a call for registering myself for an excursion of 3 nights 4 days to Jaisalmer. I asked them to confirm with me a few days later but I never got a call or any update - Not sure whether the said trip really happened or not.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:28   #4612

Quote:

Glad you like them! Mine are HRS and cost me 25K for a set of 4. Gautam is usually there at Sai Mag if you plan to visit them. He knows about Team BHP.
Please note that they don't deal in tyres, no fitment and they don't buyback your old set of wheels. You would need to get the alloys fit elsewhere.

I keep tyre pressure at 29/30. Usually at this PSI I have a comfortable ride. Go higher and the ride gets bumpier.
anexas06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 15:53   #4613
BHPian

Quote:
Glad you like them! Mine are HRS and cost me 25K for a set of 4. Gautam is usually there at Sai Mag if you plan to visit them. He knows about Team BHP.
Please note that they don't deal in tyres, no fitment and they don't buyback your old set of wheels. You would need to get the alloys fit elsewhere.

I keep tyre pressure at 29/30. Usually at this PSI I have a comfortable ride. Go higher and the ride gets bumpier.
Thanks Anexas06. I went through those threads on Sai Mag and I really liked what I saw. I will definitely be paying a visit early next month. 25k for those alloys of yours' isn't too bad. The Sai Mag site for them show 7200 per piece so I guess some discount is possible. I like 'H500' full machined black which is for 7750 per piece on the website.

Isn't the width for Duster wheel 6.5? I see that HRS for duster is only available in 7.

What did you do with your old set of wheels.

It is possible that the pressure in tyres is higher in mine, I will get it checked from a different place today.

Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 16:33   #4614

Quote:
Thanks Anexas06. I went through those threads on Sai Mag and I really liked what I saw. I will definitely be paying a visit early next month. 25k for those alloys of yours' isn't too bad. The Sai Mag site for them show 7200 per piece so I guess some discount is possible. I like 'H500' full machined black which is for 7750 per piece on the website.

Isn't the width for Duster wheel 6.5? I see that HRS for duster is only available in 7.

What did you do with your old set of wheels.

It is possible that the pressure in tyres is higher in mine, I will get it checked from a different place today.

Thanks
Yes you are right about the width. Ans yes the website says 7 but I didn't find any issue with the 16" HRS alloys with the OEM tyres.

I decided to retain the original rims just in case I would need them for any warranty issues later. Though there are many who sell off/exchange the original ones.

If you check the pressure when the tires are cold it will be different than when you check on warm tires. Since air is a gas, it expands when heated and contracts when cooled.
anexas06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 13:18   #4615

Insurance for my RXL(o) is due next month. I would have happily continued with TATA AIG, but was surprised to find out that Renault Service Centers are no longer a part of their cashless network.

Recommendations on insurance ? Which companies offer cashless tie ups with Renault ? I am interested to go for Zero Dep insurance...

Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:55   #4616

While getting a puncture fixed last week noticed quite a bit of rusting. Is this normal? 3800 kms on the odo.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20141220_152155.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20141220_152203.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20141220_152207.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2014, 13:51   #4617
BHPian

Quote:
While getting a puncture fixed last week noticed quite a bit of rusting. Is this normal? 3800 kms on the odo.
This one seems to be a known issue. As per the thread below, there has been a recall for the rust-issue in UK. Not sure about what is the scene for India. But, perhaps, all the Duster owners need to consolidate and ask for a similar recall in India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...all-india.html
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:59   #4618

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
This one seems to be a known issue. As per the thread below, there has been a recall for the rust-issue in UK. Not sure about what is the scene for India. But, perhaps, all the Duster owners need to consolidate and ask for a similar recall in India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...all-india.html
Thanks rdhawan15. Have also emailed Renault cust. care. They are supposed to call back to check on the issue. Would update once I hear from them.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:16   #4619
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks rdhawan15. Have also emailed Renault cust. care. They are supposed to call back to check on the issue. Would update once I hear from them.
Great, keep us posted. I will do that same once the service center visit gets through.
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:34   #4620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG10 View Post
Insurance for my RXL(o) is due next month.
Recommendations on insurance ? Which companies offer cashless tie ups with Renault ? I am interested to go for Zero Dep insurance...
Thanks
Hi AG10

My insurance is due by 25th Dec and I have got a quote of Rs.15400/- with IDV 8.75 Lak from Oriental insurance for B2B. Got this offer after heavy bargaining. In Kerala TVS does the service for Renault vehicles and though they have cashless facility tie up with Oriental, they do insist on the policy to be taken from a particular branch of Oriental.

Regarding cashless in your place, you will have to check up with your service center as to with whom they have tie up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks