Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 11:27   #4501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Am keenly interested in this discussion on USB!

Only problem is that you have to remember to take it out when you give it for service

Just letting you know that there is a solution, albeit an expensive one. If you solve your issues, will switch too!

Actually with iPod Bluetooth working seamlessly with Duster, you do not need to physically connect it to HU. That way you do not need to worry about leaving it in car cheers
Old 5th November 2014, 16:02   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Actually with iPod Bluetooth working seamlessly with Duster, you do not need to physically connect it to HU. That way you do not need to worry about leaving it in car cheers
Ah ... that is murder on the phone battery. ANd the iPod in car is an old one - no bluetooth and all.
Old 5th November 2014, 19:18   #4503
BHPian

Bought these SunShades last week at a good offer price

http://www.ebay.in/itm/251677909107?...84.m1439.l2649

The fitting is pretty good. Not as good as they show on the pictures. Few gaps here and there, but still it fits sturdy and doesnt fall off. The windows can be opened and closed with the shades on. Overall the stitch and net is of good quality.

Last edited by HillMan : 5th November 2014 at 19:19.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 21:27   #4504
BHPian

Hi Guys, This is my first post in Team-BHP.
Took delivery of duster 4x4 from Whitefield renault, Bangalore on monday this week. 110 Kms done so far and the drive quality is excellent. Enjoying every kilometer in bangalore's traffic.The audio setup is quite good for OEM and easily can run for couple of months without having to think about an upgrade.
Three Questions for existing owners
1. When i am speaking through Media-Nav's bluetooth, only the speaker in driver side seems to produce sound and all the other speakers are comparatively silent (not dead, just producing way less sound than the RHS front speakers) - Is it normal?
2. The glovebox doesn't glow when i open them, i see a holder for a bulb there,not sure whether the problem is with the bulb- any pointers to check?
3. Any one checked for the adventure Wheel cladding kit as mentioned in this thread earlier? I found a product in ebay costing around 28500 Rs INR. any feedback/thoughts on that will be appreciated.
Looking forward to actively engage in the discussions
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 21:41   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
2. The glovebox doesn't glow when i open them, i see a holder for a bulb there,not sure whether the problem is with the bulb- any pointers to check?
It only works when the headlights are on. Its not designed to work like the cabin lights.

Congratulations on your 4x4.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 22:40   #4506
BHPian

Congratulations. Would like to see your reviews coming for the 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Three Questions for existing owners
1. When i am speaking through Media-Nav's bluetooth, only the speaker in driver side seems to produce sound and all the other speakers are comparatively silent (not dead, just producing way less sound than the RHS front speakers) - Is it normal?
Yes this is normal. A feature for the voice call to engage the driver and the passenger at the most. The mic is also place to capture the drivers voice better.
Quote:
All Dusters behave the same in this department. The light glows only when the headlights are On.
Quote:
3. Any one checked for the adventure Wheel cladding kit as mentioned in this thread earlier? I found a product in ebay costing around 28500 Rs INR. any feedback/thoughts on that will be appreciated.
Looking forward to actively engage in the discussions
I believe these are low quality replicas. Moreover my personal choice, these cladding are not worth this kinda extra money. It looks real ugly after a minor bump.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 14:50   #4507
BHPian

All Dusters behave the same in this department. The light glows only when the headlights are On.
- Checked and it is working. Thanks, didn't know about this and yet to read the manual. call me lazy

I believe these are low quality replicas. Moreover my personal choice, these cladding are not worth this kinda extra money. It looks real ugly after a minor bump
- Yes, that's exactly what i wanted to know, whether they will be on par in quality with the OEM kit. Will probably look at ways to import the adventure kit from UK from the dacia shop.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:32   #4508

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Bought these SunShades last week at a good offer price

http://www.ebay.in/itm/251677909107?...84.m1439.l2649

The fitting is pretty good. Not as good as they show on the pictures. Few gaps here and there, but still it fits sturdy and doesnt fall off. The windows can be opened and closed with the shades on. Overall the stitch and net is of good quality.
Hi HillMan. Any chance of putting up some pictures of the shades installed on your Duster. The link on ebay doesn't have any pictures for the Duster. Thanks.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:26   #4509

I am buying a Renault Duster Rxl+ in a week's time.
I am looking at insurance providers now and to be frank, am quiet confused.

As per my understanding, these are the things I should be opting for:
1) Cashless claims
2) zero depreciation

Is there anything else which I should care my thoughts to? What about the NCB retention feature? Does the clause of "max number of claims in a year" be taken seriously?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:30   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
Hi HillMan. Any chance of putting up some pictures of the shades installed on your Duster. The link on ebay doesn't have any pictures for the Duster. Thanks.
Here you go
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141107_091631.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141107_091714.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141107_091759.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141107_091728.jpg
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 10:20   #4511
BHPian

Hillman thanks for the snaps of the shades. The price of Rs1000+ is per shade or a pair or for all windows? Cheers
Old 7th November 2014, 11:37   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
The price of Rs1000+ is per shade or a pair or for all windows? Cheers
It is for set of 4. Get 12% discount on eBay to 9th Nov. Use coupon code DISCOUNT09
Old 7th November 2014, 11:40   #4513
BHPian

Thanks Hillman, hope fixing is not a hassle I suppose, cheers
Old 7th November 2014, 11:53   #4514

Found a similar item on ebay. This one says '6 pieces' for Rs 1300/-. Not sure if that means the additional 2 are for the rear windshield.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/like/331337678090
Old 7th November 2014, 13:50   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
Found a similar item on ebay. This one says '6 pieces' for Rs 1300/-. Not sure if that means the additional 2 are for the rear windshield.
That's what I thought too. However the rear quarter glasses don't bring direct sunlight to passengers. Also I have a pair of those little vacuum curtains. I could use them on the quarter glasses if need be. So I opted for the set of 4.

Because it is net, it is usable on the drive side as well. It does not darken visibility at night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks