Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 11:00   #4096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Can the OP confirm whether there was an improvement in the cooling levels after these ducts were blocked off?
I can't say it correctly, I'll have to drive in sun for some longer period to actually find it out, but during my city driving I couldn't find much difference.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 14:30   #4097
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Sure Since its raining most of the time ,am yet to take a nice picture of my car .
Hi Anil,
I have a query about the bull bar that is part of Adventure kit.
Are the aux lamps the same as the fog lamps? Or, do they provide
good illumination for night driving?

Is it possible to share cost of this bull bar alone?
Old 25th June 2014, 14:42   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Thanks much. Looks nice. Why did you chose vinyl stickers over the original plastic/fiber fender flares ?

How much did they (Renault or aftermarket ?) charge you for the front Armour (bull bar) and those beefy plastic cladding's on the doors ?
These are the claddings and front armour seen in adventure edition .Thats Original Renault accessory.Cost, including fog lamps were 45000 Rs.Renault kochi charged around 5000 Rs as labor cost in addition.They painted it Matt black.Painting quality was not up to my expectation.Paint was chipping off.So I went for 3M carbon fiber wraps.It cost me another 5000 Rs.But the looks are up to my expectations, now.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:57   #4099
BHPian

@sumeshmani, you can buy the bull bar with fog lamps alone .But that will cost around 14000 Rs. The bull bar is originally light grey in colour and is unpainted.They do some zinc coating and paint it matte black.Combined with regular fog lamps the illumination does seem better. Also you can upgrade the bulbs if you wish to at the dealer level.
Before I purchased the kit,I did some searching on outside market .The claddings were available in ebay .But asking price was 35000 Rs. No front armour included.

A closer looking front armour is available from AJANTA enterprises,they call it "rambo guard",comes with DRL.But all the aftermarket products tend to protrude out a bit more than my liking.

If it was OK to share links here,I would have done that.Search google and you might come across rambo gaurd. I think cost is below 10000 Rs.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:55   #4100
Senior - BHPian

I believe owing to the face lift being launched in a short while, the Duster, especially the 110 psi versions are being offered with a hefty discount. Is that true? I just spoke to a dealer and he said that they are offering upto 75k discount on the 110 psi versions of the 2013 stock. I was told that the discount is over 1L for these. I was going to finalize on the purchase of a Duster so wanted to find out the details. Dont mind the 2013 model as there is no difference in the current ans the previous years models. I was wondering whether to get the 85 psi model and plonk a petes box or do the same with a 110 psi, keeping in mind that the 110 psi is a 6 speed.
Old 25th June 2014, 17:15   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I believe owing to the face lift being launched in a short while, the Duster, especially the 110 psi versions are being offered with a hefty discount. Is that true? I just spoke to a dealer and he said that they are offering upto 75k discount on the 110 psi versions of the 2013 stock. I was told that the discount is over 1L for these. I was going to finalize on the purchase of a Duster so wanted to find out the details. Dont mind the 2013 model as there is no difference in the current ans the previous years models. I was wondering whether to get the 85 psi model and plonk a petes box or do the same with a 110 psi, keeping in mind that the 110 psi is a 6 speed.
I had the same confusion.Having more horsepower means its going to be better.

Please do test drive both . In bumper to bumper driving and on ghat roads 85 ps is better as there is minimal or no turbo lag at all.I find it easy to rather "glide" between 80 to 100 km/hr in an 85 psi duster. Needs only minimal gear shifting,even for overtakings.Its from my experience only.85 ps is ideal for normal day to day commute.

Experts say if you have more highway cruising ,go for 110 ps. 85 ps reaches 100 km/hr in decent time ,but above 110 km/hr mark, the engine tend to over rev past 2500 rpm and start to struggle a bit .I don't know if I can take my 85 ps duster to 150 km/hr mark ever.

Decide between 85 ps and 110 ps only after test drives and depending on your driving pattern.

About the discount ,it has nothing to do with facelift.It may or may not come.

The discount on 2013 lot will naturally increase ,as time goes.All dealers have lots of duster stock piling up .The amount offered to me one month back for 85 ps ,was 50000 Rs in discount + 10000 Rs worth gift card from Flipkart.
The year of make was important to me for two reasons,
1. I tend to sell my car early than I originally plan to ,so resale value counted.
2. Just imagine the number of days your car exposed to heat ,rain and dust in the yard.
Its a pain to see the vehicle lot kept in the open yard.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:54   #4102
BHPian

Hi V-16, I came across a good expert advise on cars of previous year make.You might find it useful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/buyin...facturing-date

Also in my previous post ,I meant "Having more horsepower does not mean its going to be better".Sorry moderators ,for the mistake .
Old 27th June 2014, 12:15   #4103

Speaking of horse power and speed, my duster(110 bhp) has gone past 1000 kms. But I am still keeping max speed down to 80. I also take try not to go past 2500 rpm.

Next week, I am taking it out on a highway from bangalore to Coorg. I dont think I can keep it under 100 anymore. :-)

So, is 1000 kms on the odo, good enough to start reaching higher speeds ? Pls advise.
Old 27th June 2014, 16:27   #4104
BHPian

I think the limit is 1600Kms. Mentioned in the manual too..

AND , its under 2000 rpm in the running-in period.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 20:10   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra_11 View Post
Speaking of horse power and speed, my duster(110 bhp) has gone past 1000 kms. But I am still keeping max speed down to 80. I also take try not to go past 2500 rpm.

Next week, I am taking it out on a highway from bangalore to Coorg. I dont think I can keep it under 100 anymore. :-)

So, is 1000 kms on the odo, good enough to start reaching higher speeds ? Pls advise.
Manual says you should not go past 130 km/hr or 2500 rpm for at least 1500 km .

off the topic,any idea about removal of headlamp assembly ? I wish to do the smoking by myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20140628_2005551.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 18:00   #4106
BHPian

Any idea about these rainguards? I took the picture from a youtube video.The vehicle is a romanian dacia duster.It looks like an official accessory.Any idea about its availability in India? It fits inside the window opening.Seems like no need to stick it.

Sorry for poor quality of picture,its with a mobile camera from youtube video.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20140629_174927.jpg  

Old 29th June 2014, 18:34   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Audio Experience after swapping is great ,stock speakers look like they don't even cost 500 Rs .Please see some pictures I took with my mobile phone camera, below.

Picture of the door pad with damping material wa taken before fully covering the area.Later almost whole area was covered.
How much did you pay for the speakers and what was the cost of door damping? Is thee any noticeable difference post damping?
Old 29th June 2014, 18:57   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
How much did you pay for the speakers and what was the cost of door damping? Is thee any noticeable difference post damping?
Front speaker cost me 17000 Rs + full damping and padding cost another 5000 Rs.Total cost after rounding was around, 21000 Rs.

Its worth the money,earlier the doors on closing ,sound was like tin sheet banging ,now it closes with a "thud" .

Keeps a check on rattling .

Also,the most important part - adds up to cutting external noise.

Last edited by anilntny : 29th June 2014 at 18:59.
Old 29th June 2014, 22:39   #4109

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I think the limit is 1600Kms. Mentioned in the manual too..

AND , its under 2000 rpm in the running-in period.
Quote:
Manual says you should not go past 130 km/hr or 2500 rpm for at least 1500 km .

off the topic,any idea about removal of headlamp assembly ? I wish to do the smoking by myself.
thanks Guyz. This helps.
btw, any idea what is the max speed that the Duster can clock clock on road ?
I am not a fast driver though, am just curious .
Old 29th June 2014, 22:55   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Front speaker cost me 17000 Rs + full damping and padding cost another 5000 Rs.Total cost after rounding was around, 21000 Rs.

Its worth the money,earlier the doors on closing ,sound was like tin sheet banging ,now it closes with a "thud" .

Keeps a check on rattling .

Also,the most important part - adds up to cutting external noise.
Is the 5k charged for all the four doors? Is the boot door included?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks