Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:12   #3916
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. Himadri: what range do you get between fill ups?
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:28   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Interesting. Himadri: what range do you get between fill ups?
My highest fill was 74 liters after the low fuel indicator went on. The next day I drove to Delhi, non stop from kolkata in a little over 20 hours. Stopped only once for a fill after Kanpur, after crossing 1000 kilometres. That's why I say, no car in this segment offers such value for money in terms of ride quality, mileage and reliability. Mine is a 110PS RxZ

Last edited by himadrimondal : 22nd April 2014 at 21:30.
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:41   #3918
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

So, you get an average mileage of about 13-14 km on the highway, Himadrimondal?
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:45   #3919
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, you get an average mileage of about 13-14 km on the highway, Himadrimondal?
Renault mentions an ARAI claim of about 19-20 for both 85 and 110. But I have not seen any member quote that high FE for the 110 versions. For the 85 yes many have been quoting FE in that range. In fact some have much higher than that too.

Mine is a always 17-19.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:58   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
... The distance to empty meter always updates itself and does not act as a decreasing counter...
agreed on all points. At what point does your "distance to empty" blank out on your trip computer? I have never seen mine show a number less than 100km (which mean I usually have at least 7-10 liters in the tank as "reserve")

The official specs says fuel tank capacity is 50 liters, which all off us here seem to think is bogus.. Even my "small tank" seems to hold atleast 70 liters.

BTW, does anyone have a solution to my premature overflow problem? Am I the only one with this problem?

Last edited by bdman : 22nd April 2014 at 22:15.
Old 22nd April 2014, 23:05   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
agreed on all points. At what point does your "distance to empty" blank out on your trip computer? I have never seen mine show a number less than 100km (which mean I usually have at least 7-10 liters in the tank as "reserve")

BTW, does anyone have a solution to my premature overflow problem? Am I the only one with this problem?
The distance to empty trip computer does go blank as the low fuel indicator pops up. It does not show how far the car may travel on reserve. I get around 16kms per L on highways.
Please ignore the premature overflow. If you still insist, get the tank checked at the service station.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:26   #3922
Senior - BHPian

On my first 400-km drive on the 85, I got an FE of 15.9, with 100 per cent AC on. I am sure it will improve. But I had kept the RPM below 2500 as advised by the manual.
Old 24th April 2014, 08:49   #3923
Senior - BHPian

The manual says that you can enable the Auto Lock feature (locks doors after 7kmph automatically) if you press the lock button with the ignition on for 5 seconds & a beep is heard.

I have done this multiple times but the doors adamantly stay open. In desperation, I even tried holding the unlock side for 5 secs (There is a beep that side too!). No luck.

What am I doing wrong? Or is the manual talking about a future feature.

Another thing: they done gone and removed the luggage tie down tabs in the boot. The holes are there in the mat. Just no hooks! Stupid, if it is for cost saving!
Old 24th April 2014, 09:10   #3924
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The manual says that you can enable the Auto Lock feature (locks doors after 7kmph automatically) if you press the lock button with the ignition on for 5 seconds & a beep is heard.
Is it there on the Duster manual? Because its not there on mine. (The older ones)
Old 24th April 2014, 11:03   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't mention it anywhere in my manual either. At least I can't find it. And in any case it all "depends on the country and version" of the vehicle, as Renault gives a convenient disclaimer.

I just press the central lock button manually and then forget to unlock it even after reaching my destination. It doesn't unlock itself automatically as my Esteem does.

A recent development with central locking system is that the front doors can always be unlocked by just pulling the regular lever, as if it isn't locked (but in reality it is). This I am told is a safety feature so that you are never trapped inside the car in an emergency.
Old 24th April 2014, 11:42   #3926
Senior - BHPian

It sure does, with appropriate caveats. Will try & scan the page and upload
Old 24th April 2014, 17:32   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
The distance to empty trip computer does go blank as the low fuel indicator pops up. It does not show how far the car may travel on reserve. I get around 16kms per L on highways.
Please ignore the premature overflow. If you still insist, get the tank checked at the service station.
I have tried running close to empty to check this. The distance to empty goes blank once your reach a distance to empty below 100 kms
Old 25th April 2014, 09:04   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I have tried running close to empty to check this. The distance to empty goes blank once your reach a distance to empty below 100 kms

Yup, when I brought this up to SERVICE guys at Whitefield Reanult, they simply did not
understand. 100km is too much is it not? Cheers
Old 25th April 2014, 09:18   #3929
Senior - BHPian

The longest I have driven on a stretch of road without a petrol pump is about 50 kms on the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Kota road. Otherwise I cannot remember any highway in India where you have to drive for more than 100 km to the nearest petrol pump, except such areas as Leh or LRK etc where I haven't driven yet.
Old 25th April 2014, 09:46   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
100km is too much is it not? Cheers
A 100km range is roughly 7lt Diesel in the tank.

Note; The Duster has a large wide tank. On an incline you might run out of gas. I don't think it has a cut off for the fuel pump, else they wouldn't provide a built in suction bulb on the fuel line.

I'm sure we have all pushed our bikes to a fuel pump some day. Try that with the Duster LOL. Better to be safe than sorry.

Once you see the fuel low indicator, it is best to visit the nearest filling station. In my onion, 100km should be sufficient to reach your favorite pump without panicking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks