Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 08:32   #3901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
I notice that I can still fill about 12 litres more after the auto cutoff. Which is premature due to fuel backing up in the fill tube.
Yes, this is normal. Every vehicle fuel tank will have additional capacity after the auto cutoff. Bigger the tank, more the capacity. That's why the pump guys ask if you want to top up or till rupee shows a round figure. Duster tank can take up to 60liters. Officially it is 50liters. You already have a range of around 1000kms, do you need to fill the the brim?

After auto cutoff you can safely feed another 5liters, then slow down and keep an eye.
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:25   #3902
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi All,
I am interested in one of the items sold with Duster Adventure.
Attachment 1231310
I was also looking for the same when I bought my Duster in Feb. Searched a lot of places but this was not available and my service centre had not even seen this model. So finally I got a different design and settled for this one and fitted LED fog lamps to give much powerful light effect. Attaching some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7842.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7837.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7751.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7750.jpg  

jaisha8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:24   #3903
BHPian

New pair of shoes from Ludhiana during my visit last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7734.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7735.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2014, 10:28   #3904
BHPian

Got my first shocker when a coconut leaf fell on the rear RH 'C' pillar of my Duster and causing a very visible dent. But thanks to my DIY dent remover that I had bought some years back. It removed the dent very effectively and now it is fully repaired. Please see attached photos. A very useful product for your car.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7740.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7743.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7744.jpg  

jaisha8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:54   #3905
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice job done and a few thousand bucks saved perhaps
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:43   #3906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
When I fill up the tank of my diesel Duster at the bunk after a while, the fill pipe backs up and the fuel starts to over flow. When this starts to happen, the tank is nowhere close to being full. I can usually pump in another 12 liters before the tank is really full. Do other Duster owners experience the same? If so, is there a way to speed up the process "full tank" proceed by avoiding the fill pipe back up? Right now, the guys at the bunk have to pump really slow during the last 10 minutes to prevent iverflow.
Why do you wish to speed up the process? you will not be racing I guess. You must be filling up through a high speed nozzle. Try the normal ones. The high speed ones are designed to throw around 40-50 L in a minute which results in the back flow. The Duster tank is actually huge, if you wish to fill it up to the lid, it can take in 80 liters, but true. Mine easily takes in 70 liters even when I have not hit reserve or the fuel sign comes up. Considering a reserve of 10 liters, the total capacity is actually 80 L.
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:36   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I was also looking for the same when I bought my Duster in Feb. Searched a lot of places but this was not available and my service centre had not even seen this model. So finally I got a different design and settled for this one and fitted LED fog lamps to give much powerful light effect. Attaching some photos.
Thanks for sharing the photos. Please share the specs and cost of the LED fog lamps. If possible, please give details of how the wiring was done.

Have these lamps helped during rains?
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:41   #3908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
. The Duster tank is actually huge, if you wish to fill it up to the lid, it can take in 80 liters, but true. Mine easily takes in 70 liters even when I have not hit reserve or the fuel sign comes up. Considering a reserve of 10 liters, the total capacity is actually 80 L.
Bro, I would change your bunk immediately.

The advertised tank capacity is 40lts. 45 lt is reasonable;even 50
80lt is too much of a stretch.
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:57   #3909
BHPian

[quote=sumeshmani;3418582]Thanks for sharing the photos. Please share the specs and cost of the LED fog lamps. If possible, please give details of how the wiring was done.

Have these lamps helped during rains?[/QUOT

I bought the fog lamp from EBAY.IN and attaching the link below. This has extremely powerful beam and white in colour. So I have pointed it to the road downwards and towards left and right side so that both the sides would be clearly visible while driving on single roads.
I will know the performance once the rainy season starts in Kerala.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/LED-Flood-Bea...e15f020&_uhb=1
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:08   #3910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
The Renault website has very minimal info..
Attachment 1231803

I am hoping to get feedback from Duster Adventure owners.
I have found the high beam lacking during rains and for general night driving at speeds of 100-110
I am sure all Duster owners have had the same feedback.
Even I felt the high beam light is very poor and especially on highways it looks very dark even while driving with high beam ON. So I replaced my OEM high beam bulbs with PHILIPS CRYSTAL VISION 12/55 W bulbs, costing Rs. 1500/-. The light beam is White in color and the visibility has appreciably improved.
Also, one positive thing that I observed is the truck drivers respond immediately when I flash the High beam (as I always drive in low beam for the comfort of other on coming road users).
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:48   #3911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Bro, I would change your bunk immediately.

The advertised tank capacity is 40lts. 45 lt is reasonable;even 50
80lt is too much of a stretch.
I would like to corroborate what Himadri Da said about the fuel tank capacity. Mine also takes 70 ltrs without being on reserve. And I have done that on various different fuel bunks.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 16:14   #3912
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you wish to speed up the process? you will not be racing I guess. You must be filling up through a high speed nozzle. Try the normal ones. The high speed ones are designed to throw around 40-50 L in a minute which results in the back flow. The Duster tank is actually huge, if you wish to fill it up to the lid, it can take in 80 liters, but true. Mine easily takes in 70 liters even when I have not hit reserve or the fuel sign comes up. Considering a reserve of 10 liters, the total capacity is actually 80 L.
I don't like stopping for fuel, and prefer to maximize my time/distance between them. And when we stop, aren;t we all in a hurry, especially in the city?

80 litres in your tank? Are you sure? I can only get about 62 litres into my tank, after hit hits reserve (where the trip computer stops showing the range). And that is when I fill to the brim using regular flow nozzles (as it does not fill in a minute). I still have the painful backflow problem. Anyone else experience this?
Old 22nd April 2014, 18:11   #3913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
I would like to corroborate what Himadri Da said about the fuel tank capacity. Mine also takes 70 ltrs without being on reserve. And I have done that on various different fuel bunks.
Good you endorsed my point, I was again thinking of coming up with a video of a tank fill.
May be we initial buyers are lucky!
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 19:43   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Good you endorsed my point, I was again thinking of coming up with a video of a tank fill.
May be we initial buyers are lucky!
Himadri da you seem to always do a tank full 60+ ltrs. How does it have an effect on the trip calculator, mileage and distance to empty?
Old 22nd April 2014, 20:44   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post

Himadri da you seem to always do a tank full 60+ ltrs. How does it have an effect on the trip calculator, mileage and distance to empty?
Excellent questions, I too felt readings would go haywire after the extra 20 odd liters go in. But thats actually not the case. I once drove some 600kms with the distance to empty meter selected. This is how I feel and understand.
1. The distance to empty meter always updates itself and does not act as a decreasing counter. One kilometre travelled on the odometer does not mean one kilometre decrease on the distance to empty reading. It also remains more or less constant for the duration the excess fill last.
2. Mileage is calculated by the amount of fuel passed to the engine with respect to the kilometres travelled. This has nothing to do with the tank capacity or excess fill.
3. Same goes for the trip calculator which I guess is only dependent on the kilometres traversed.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 22nd April 2014 at 20:59.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks