Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 00:05   #3691
BHPian

Re: DO Duster really have 205mm GC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
What kind of speeds do you maintain on the highway?

- Inside Bangalore, my average speed is almost always less than 20 KMPH. So mileage is ~14 KMPL.
- The best mileage recorded in the city is 17
- The best mileage i got on highway was 21 (with speeds of 80-100)
- I always drive with AC on, to keep dust out.
- mileage numbers are as per Duster's MID

It looked like to get the best mileage, speeds will have to be limited to 80-100 KMPH range. Possibly the 2K to 2.5K rmp.
Hi Sumesh! Here are my mileage figures on Duster 85 PS in Bangalore:

- Worst City mileage - 13 kmpl (Driving primarily in KR Puram and Whitefield's congested areas)
- Best City Mileage - 21 kmpl (Did 2 late night trips to Yeshwantpur railway station and hardly saw any traffic). Normally I get 16-17 kmpl and I drive the hoodi to old madras road or Sarjapur stretch daily.
- Best highway mileage - 22 kmpl (Bangalore-Lepakshi-Bangalore) - maintained 80 kmph - 100 kmph in 5th gear for many KMs. I seldom exceed 100 kmph as a self created rule for myself.

I avoid switching the engine off at short signals in the city. Also, I do practice 60 second idling rule at the start and end of every travel. I upshift between 1800-2000 RPM.
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:21   #3692
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I installed some more accessories for my Duster and still more to come. It's been a never-ending list. Posting some more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0323.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0322.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0325.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7009.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0319.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0318.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7110.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_7111.jpg  

jaisha8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:24   #3693
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I installed some more accessories for my Duster and still more to come. It's been a never-ending list. Posting some more pictures.
Wow. Good upgrades. Lovely.
The overhead lights which you have got attached to roof rails seems to be aftermarket. I think Renault provides some good looking head lights which could be fitted to roof rails. Any reason why you opted an aftermarket product ?
Would you please explain how you were able to get that Renault lighting on the floor (4th image) This looks awesome. any info on Pricing?

Last edited by gemi_kk : 26th February 2014 at 08:28.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:27   #3694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Wow. Good upgrades. Lovely.
Would you please explain me how you were able to get that Renault lighting on the floor (4th image)
That is a projection light with 'Renault' emblem in it. This is installed under the door pads and when the door is opened, this light is projected on the floor.
jaisha8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:54   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
I had the same problem of Radio/USB/CD switching off after 10 minutes of playing. Well the issue was traced to a blown fuse. After replacing the same it became ok. Cheers
Thank you for sharing this !

Could you also let me know whether you added any accessory or had used the 12V socket just before this Radio problem surfaced?
Also, could you share the part number/details of the Fuse that was blown? Was it replaced in the fuse panel in the dash (passenger side) ?

Reason I ask- I recently got a Emporis Air Compressor and connected it to the 12V socket in the dash. The Radio problem surfaced after that only.
Though I never switched ON the compressor since the gauge showed that the Tyre pressure was fine.

The compressor is rated 10Amps on the website, but the actual gadget has a sticker that says 15A. I did clarify with Sahil from Emporis who assured me that car fuses will not be blown as 15A is MAX current drawn when the compressor is used to fill up to 60 PSI etc

Last edited by BUXX : 26th February 2014 at 09:55.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:09   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

... I recently got a Emporis Air Compressor and connected it to the 12V socket in the dash....
The compressor is rated 10Amps on the website, but the actual gadget has a sticker that says 15A. I did clarify with Sahil from Emporis who assured me that car fuses will not be blown as 15A is MAX current drawn when the compressor is used to fill up to 60 PSI etc
Buxx, I think most 12v sockets have 5Amps to 10Amps fuses. I also have a portable air compressor and whenever I try to connect it in my alto. And when I connect it directly to battery using clips it works just fine.

I am also looking for a AC-DC adapter with 15A rating thinking I might use this compressor from home power line without keeping my car running. There are adapters but didnt get with 15A rating. Any idea anyone?
RideRanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 10:26   #3697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With Rishiraj Singh around, those spot lights are an invitation to trouble. Howz the illumination though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
....Would you please explain how you were able to get that Renault lighting on the floor (4th image) This looks awesome. any info on Pricing?
Those are called "Ghost lights". You can get in on eBay or some other sites too.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 10:46   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
With Rishiraj Singh around, those spot lights are an invitation to trouble. Howz the illumination though?
Yes you are right. This light will surely attract attention of the squads. This light is very powerful and the whole area brightens up. But these are only 27 watts a piece and police allows up to 55 watts isn't it? I am thinking of shifting it from the roof top to the front bumper and put some 'Hella' cover on it to avoid attracting attention. But Renault has the dual color Duster in their Thrissur showroom and it has got a set of 'Hella' lights fitted on the roof, as well.
Old 26th February 2014, 11:06   #3699
BHPian

@Jai
That is a cool front guard. What company and where did u get it fitted?
I came to know of one safety feature which sure makes a hole in the pocket. I had some breaking problem and so went to the workshop. The Service executive opened the hood and the first thing he checked was the radiator and fan unit. To my horror the radiator - fan unit was hanging from the condencer pipes of the AC unit. The service engineer enquired if I had had an accident, which I had not. On opening the bumper I came to know that the radiator unit is supported below on 2 plastic studs which break off even with a small frontal impact, so as to prevent the radiator from being damaged and also it not damaging the engine.
This unit costs about 18000/- and add to it the AC gas recharging, labour etc, works out to be about 23000/-.
I was told to take this as an insurance claim but when I refused to forgoe my 50% NCB, I was told that the unit can be repaired with 2 bolts and it would be better than the plastic studs. Went for that and cost me 1500/- total.
Please look for this in ur cars if you have had a frontal hit of any kind including animals like dogs.
Docster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 11:50   #3700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...But these are only 27 watts a piece and police allows up to 55 watts isn't it? I am thinking of shifting it from the roof top to the front bumper and put some 'Hella' cover on it to avoid attracting attention...
As per the RTO, any lights other than factory settings are NOT allowed. So this being an aftermarket fit, irrespective of the wattage, they can fine you. This rule, as I understand, also means even the DRLs installed on most cars (aftermarket) will need to be removed; NOT sure of it though.

Quote:
...But Renault has the dual color Duster in their Thrissur showroom and it has got a set of 'Hella' lights fitted on the roof, as well.
Technically, any lights placed above your headlights are ILLEGAL. So the dealership is actually creating trouble for some prospective owners by placing Hella's on the roof..
Old 26th February 2014, 12:04   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Could you also let me know whether you added any accessory or had used the 12V socket just before this Radio problem surfaced?
Also, could you share the part number/details of the Fuse that was blown? Was it replaced in the fuse panel in the dash (passenger side) ?

Reason I ask- I recently got a Emporis Air Compressor and connected it to the 12V socket in the dash. The Radio problem surfaced after that only.
Though I never switched ON the compressor since the gauge showed that the Tyre pressure was fine.

Yes, the fuse was replaced on the passenger side in the fuse panel. Not once but second time as well. On each occasion it was because I connected my MMI Blaupunkt Travelpilot Lucca 3.5 GPS to the cigarette lighter. Renault Kochin gave a weird explanation that I can not add any car charger at random as Renault's cigarette lighter point is different. Now I bought Nexttech's dual
USB CHARGER but it will not charge my GPS or iPad though it is rated 2 amps. I am not comfortable with the answers given by Renault. Bottom line I am hardly able to use the car charger for anything :(

Regards
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:11   #3702
BHPian

This is highly idiotic-looks like mere connecting the Air Compressor could have blown the fuse!
Doesn't look like that changing the Fuse to a higher Amp rating will also help here (a move risky in itself)

At my wit's end- looks like my only option is to keep some spare fuses and use the Compressor only in real emergencies. Great.
Old 26th February 2014, 13:28   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
As per the RTO, any lights other than factory settings are NOT allowed. So this being an aftermarket fit, irrespective of the wattage, they can fine you. This rule, as I understand, also means even the DRLs installed on most cars (aftermarket) will need to be removed; NOT sure of it though.
Technically, any lights placed above your headlights are ILLEGAL. So the dealership is actually creating trouble for some prospective owners by placing Hella's on the roof..
Thanks swiftnfurious. That was very informative that I did not know.
Old 26th February 2014, 13:32   #3704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
@Jai
That is a cool front guard. What company and where did u get it fitted?
I came to know of one safety feature which sure makes a hole in the pocket. I had some breaking problem and so went to the workshop.
Please look for this in ur cars if you have had a frontal hit of any kind including animals like dogs.
This I bought from a local vendor. I do not know the make. It cost me Rs.9300/-. I noticed that there is no protection for the front AC Condenser unit at the bottom. The plastic grill covering it in the front (bottom) is so brittle that even if you hit a hen, it will break to pieces. And so I decided to install this front guard. This guard is made of fiber but quite hard and strong.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6970.jpg  

Last edited by jaisha8 : 26th February 2014 at 13:41.
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:50   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
It cost me Rs.9300/-
Whats the cost of the radiator?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks