Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:20   #3466
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Heads up folks.
If your Duster has spongy brakes like mine, get to service center and ask for brake bleeding.

Do not listen to BS they give you back no matter what on reasons of sponginess.

I asked my SA to get bleeding done properly and now brakes are a world apart from spongy spongebob I lived with for 1 year.
Also this bleeding was done after new front brake pads, but I believe it is irrespective of brakes' age.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 18:58   #3467
BHPian

Hi. Just noticed on the Duster website that in 110 ps they are offering two models RxZ Option and RxZ Plus for 12.34L and 12.29L Ex Showroom prices respectively. But in terms of features both are equally loaded. Wonder what the difference in models is then? Can someone please update on this as on their website i couldn't find any.
Old 25th December 2013, 20:10   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi. Just noticed on the Duster website that in 110 ps they are offering two models RxZ Option and RxZ Plus for 12.34L and 12.29L Ex Showroom prices respectively. But in terms of features both are equally loaded. Wonder what the difference in models is then? Can someone please update on this as on their website i couldn't find any.
Duster 110 ps Rxz Option pack have rear A/C with independent blower control.
Old 25th December 2013, 20:33   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post

Duster 110 ps Rxz Option pack have rear A/C with independent blower control.
Thank you. Thats a very minor variation dont understand why Renault has to make two models with such a small variation.
Old 25th December 2013, 20:38   #3470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Thank you. Thats a very minor variation dont understand why Renault has to make two models with such a small variation.
To start with they had just one. viz the RXZ. The rear blower was a big let down for many. But still people wanted rest of the comforts of the RXZ. I think that is why Renault corrected it by taking out the blower for RXZ and providing as an option.
Old 25th December 2013, 21:09   #3471
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I was visiting my relative who has a Duster 110PS which has done 38K. He is having severe inner tread wear on the front wheels. This was first noticed at 10K. Since then all bearing have changed under warranty, however the front tyres continue to have inner tread wear. I inspected the tyres and noticed that the wear is not even but very irregular, which would normally indicate a bearing fault. However, as stated before the bearing have been changed.

Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Cheers

KPS
Old 26th December 2013, 10:02   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I was visiting my relative who has a Duster 110PS which has done 38K. He is having severe inner tread wear on the front wheels. This was first noticed at 10K. Since then all bearing have changed under warranty, however the front tyres continue to have inner tread wear. I inspected the tyres and noticed that the wear is not even but very irregular, which would normally indicate a bearing fault. However, as stated before the bearing have been changed.

Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Cheers

KPS
Do get the alignment and wheel balancing done. I don't know about this, but can the camber angle be adjusted?
Old 26th December 2013, 10:27   #3473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
He is having severe inner tread wear on the front wheels.
Symptoms indicate vehicle is running acute negative camber, thus sending the scrub radius for a toss which in turn is eating up the tyres.
If you remember this was a common thing in the original Tata Sumo's as well.

As the Duster has struts in front - and the camber angle for struts is fixed, get the front suspension's lower arms checked for integrity. Also the steering knuckle assembly (specially where the tie rod/ball joint ends are meeting up with the knuckle assembly.

I don't know whether your friend is running stock rims or any fatty rim upgrades - if that is the case, then the excessive rim width sometimes plays truant with the toe settings to cause premature wear.

PS: Also get the strut bearings checked and the strut itself. sometimes strut bearings develop slack causing some lateral play causing the struts itself to shift laterally when the vehicle is running.

Last edited by arjab : 26th December 2013 at 10:31.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 23:09   #3474
BHPian

My vehicle has done ~21000 kms and wear on all 4 tyres is very even and without any issues. I got wheels rotated and balanced at each 10K mark.

Looking at more and more posts about uneven wear on tyres, I am planning to continue this ritual at every 6K from now on, just to be on the safer side.
Old 26th December 2013, 23:34   #3475
BHPian

Apologies if already discussed in this thread. But searching for the information is difficult. My Duster is due for its first 10k service. Would appreciate help with critical things to do.

- Brake bleeding
- Change to synthetic oil. Any specific brand?
- Wheel rotation, alignment, balancing
- Air filter change

Anything else? Thanks !
Old 27th December 2013, 16:46   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
Apologies if already discussed in this thread. But searching for the information is difficult. My Duster is due for its first 10k service. Would appreciate help with critical things to do.

- Brake bleeding
- Air filter change

Anything else? Thanks !
Air Filter change? I think cleaning would be just fine. Mine was cleaned up at 10K and changed only at 20K mark.

Get Oil filter changed.
No need to switch to synthetic right now. Anyway, Renault uses ELF mineral Oil.
Rest you have got it covered.

HTH
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 16:48   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post

- Brake bleeding
- Air filter change

Anything else? Thanks !
At my 10000km service I am told that wheel alignment and balancing are not necessary for alloy wheels by service people and they did not do it. But, after that service, when I took a long journey, from Chennai to Erode, the steering wheel got severe vibration between 120 and 140 kmph speed. Hence, after I reached Erode, I did wheel balancing and alignment at MRF authorised tyre store. Now, I felt the change in driving, which turned to very smooth. As well as the vibration in steering wheel is also gone. So, in my opinion wheel balancing and alignment must be done periodically.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:15   #3478
BHPian

I have booked a Duster 85 RxL and waiting for the loan processing from SBI. Is it true that there is a price hike from Jan 2014 for Duster as informed by my Sales Advisor.
I am presently abroad and they are calling home frequently saying that if the car is not invoiced before 5th Jan, the booking would cancel and the new prices would prevail.
Please confirm if this is true?
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:08   #3479
BHPian

Hai everyone, this is my third post, just made it to Team-BHP last week. Congratulations on all the Duster owners.

I found a video review sometime back that the high wind noise in Duster is caused by roof rails (Sorry I can't find the link again). Can anyone confirm the same? If so is it possible to modify or fit an alternate roof rail?

I've been looking between Ecosport and Duster for sometime. I have very less monthly running. Is petrol duster competent enough? Found Ecosport ecoboost very good. Didn't get to drive petrol Duster though.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:19   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Hai everyone, this is my third post, just made it to Team-BHP last week. Congratulations on all the Duster owners.

I found a video review sometime back that the high wind noise in Duster is caused by roof rails (Sorry I can't find the link again). Can anyone confirm the same? If so is it possible to modify or fit an alternate roof rail?

I've been looking between Ecosport and Duster for sometime. I have very less monthly running. Is petrol duster competent enough? Found Ecosport ecoboost very good. Didn't get to drive petrol Duster though.
Petrol Duster is just about average. And so is the petrol Ecosport. Even if your running is low, you can still look for the diesel ecosport, as the ecoboost is slightly costlier than the diesel, upsetting any advantage of the turbo petrol. If you are a petrol enthusiast, go for Ecoboost anyways (Cheaper than the Duster alternative). Or if you like duster more, then better ger the 85 ps version, the petrol will leave you with much to desire. Atlast you can also go with Duster petrol, not a bad car if you are not looking at performance. In the end the decision is yours.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks