Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 08:18   #3076
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
The risk is that the headlight assembly doesnt support the heat produced by a 100w bulb, it will damage it, instead spend on aux driving lamps. Moreover, you should use ceramic holders to support high wattage bulbs. Also seal the entry point made in the rubber boot using silicon sealant, the moisture/water can damage the H/L
CMS, Thanks for the advice. I actually wanted to put those AUX lights, but neither did I liked the position of fitting those lights in front of the guard nor did I had money as of now to get those .

I checked that the Relay and the wires are from a company called super, after your post, and I found that they are of ceramic only, so I guess I'm fine. Yes, I still have to find a person who seal it with silicon sealant, which I'll try to find but for the time being they are already packed by Steelgrip electric tape, so I think I should be good for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
I have a similar setup in my car at times the fuse or the relay switch goes kaput. I'd recommend you to buy two fuses and a relay switch in case they blow out.

I think your relay switch must be costing around rs 200-300 and fuse 5 amps would be around rs 15. Check the fuse rating before you get one.
D'Artagnan, Thanks for your advice. I've bought the spare relay yesterday itself and now I'm searching to buy a fuse for it. Btw, the current ones which are present in the relay are of 25 Amps, so the shop person told me that I should buy 30 Amps fuse, and they are some different kind of flat fuses. I'll post the picture when I will procure those.
Old 29th September 2013, 19:33   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is that you in there ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hd-2013-a.html

If yes, we already have the travelogue!
Yes its mine. Duster is one amazing vehicle which apart from one puncture i had no other issues it was comfortable for the whole trip with no body roll and the suspension takes care of all potholes so easily that u are in fact used to maintain the same speed even if u cross an big puddle the confidence level which it gives for a long trip is really wonderful.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 20:28   #3078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Yes its mine. Duster is one amazing vehicle which apart from one puncture i had no other issues
Hi Sathya,

Straight 8500km drive through rough roads and dusty environments. Any prep and maintenance tips.

Was there any additional component changes at 10k service after your trip?
Did you get air filter cleaned, coolent topup etc, mid way?

Appreciate your endurance.
Cheers!
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:36   #3079
BHPian

Has anyone made mods to the headlights by installing HID + Projectors?
I see a lot of EcoSport owners in Hyderabad have got this done.

Duster's double barrel headlight might prove a problem. Installing two pairs of such lamps will cost a lot.
Similarly has anyone tried to get DRL's into the headlight itself?
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:36   #3080
BHPian

hi duster has been upgraded in europe, as the model for UK is exported from Chennai are they gearing up for any upgrade here? any idea anybody
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:58   #3081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
hi duster has been upgraded in europe, as the model for UK is exported from Chennai are they gearing up for any upgrade here? any idea anybody
Nissan is yet to announce the prices for Terrano and delivery are expected to start from November. That being the scenario, I dont believe Renault would launch the upgrade version anytime sooner.
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:11   #3082
Team-BHP Support

I think Renault needs to increase levels of localisation. If as per what @acrobak had to say, they need to send a chrome grill to be painted in France, thats saying a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Focus on India.[list][*]India as a partner. Came initially to learn about the market as opposed to impose Renault products straight away. Mutual win-win partnerships were established, Some partnerships like those with Ashok Leyland flourished, some partnerships like those with Bajaj and Mahindra did not. A lot of questions were asked about these but the reasons were evasive beyond the fact that their respective strategies differed.

Major investments in India $1 billion in a 100,000 cars / annum production plant and another $1.5 billion in in the technical centre.
Ajit, As a part of Renault/Nissan session, did they give any updates on keeping the maintenance cost down?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2013 at 10:18.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:47   #3083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Has anyone fixed the CASCA HU on the Duster,whats the feedback. I have got one and not liking it much.
yes, I fixed Casca HU. Yes you are right, the effect of music is not so good. May be speakers are also reason for it. But, the other items like, Map my India, reverse cam etc are excellent.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:22   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Has anyone fixed the CASCA HU on the Duster,whats the feedback. I have got one and not liking it much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
yes, I fixed Casca HU. Yes you are right, the effect of music is not so good. May be speakers are also reason for it. But, the other items like, Map my India, reverse cam etc are excellent.
It mainly depends on the source (crap-in > crap-out), try FLAC or wav. Then comes the h/w used for the conversion and the other components, a separate amp may give a better o/p. Once the basics are sorted out, changing the speakers will give you a better o/p. If you are currently using the stock speakers, changing them will give an improvement, unless the other issues are sorted out, it will be temporary.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 4th October 2013 at 11:25.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:25   #3085
Team-BHP Support

Stock speakers of Duster are really bad. Forget, HU/Amp change. Just a speaker change alone would push the quality up many levels.
In fact thats precisely what I did. I changed my speakers from OEM to Infinity Primus components for front and co-ax for back.

Sound quality with stock HU and no amp is very good. I did not feel I needed anything more.

Last edited by ampere : 4th October 2013 at 11:28.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:39   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
It mainly depends on the source (crap-in > crap-out), try FLAC or wav. Then comes the h/w used for the conversion and the other components, a separate amp may give a better o/p. Once the basics are sorted out, changing the speakers will give you a better o/p. If you are currently using the stock speakers, changing them will give an improvement, unless the other issues are sorted out, it will be temporary.
I fixed Rockford speakers and they are fine. Sometimes music from FM sounds fine. Likewise sounds from some songs are excellent and others are normal. As you said source must be the reason. But I have an issue while using Bluetooth for attending calls via my iPhone 4. No sound is coming out of speakers. Pairing and all are ok. Any idea? Earlier it was working fine with my blackberry. Thanks.
Old 7th October 2013, 00:39   #3087
BHPian

I am hearing a squeaking noise from the engine bay everytime I start the car in the morning or after a gap of 6+ hours. I generally let the engine idle for 1 min and this noise meanwhile fades away. This seems to be from some fan belt.

Not sure how I can explain this noise to the service advisers who are always in a hurry to say "There's no fault sir!". Any known issues?
Old 7th October 2013, 19:36   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I am hearing a squeaking noise from the engine bay everytime I start the car in the morning or after a gap of 6+ hours. I generally let the engine idle for 1 min and this noise meanwhile fades away. This seems to be from some fan belt.
I would call that a mild humming noise which I hear as soon as I switch on the AC. Even I suspect that to be fan belt. But I presume that to be normal.

Also for past month or so I was hearing irritating rattle near left Ac vent close to the door from the dash. Today I found that to be coming from the fuse box. I drove without the fuse box lid and finally found peace. The fuse box lid was loose as well as wire was rubbing the lid creating the noise. Today I left the vehicle for 2nd service and had asked SS guy to fix the same.

Last edited by kiranvakati : 7th October 2013 at 19:37.
Old 9th October 2013, 17:32   #3089
BHPian

I am noticing some sort of rattling from somewhere near rear left side( or is it rear left door?).
Could not figure it out.

Did anyone face this?
Any suggestions for getting it fixed, apart from visiting service center.
Old 9th October 2013, 22:43   #3090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
I am noticing some sort of rattling from somewhere near rear left side( or is it rear left door?).
Could not figure it out.

Did anyone face this?
Any suggestions for getting it fixed, apart from visiting service center.
Did you try changing rubber button as done by @himadrimondal
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3081450

Last edited by kiranvakati : 9th October 2013 at 22:51. Reason: Wrong reply

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks