Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 15:07   #2506
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
you hit the nail on the head, one mustn't shy away from calling a spade a bloody shovel ! The recently launched Verito Vibe is a shining example of what a light clutch in a diesel car ought to be like,. One can actually keep it pressed right through a red light without even thinking that its there (not a good practice though)
I think the comparison was with respect to 110 version of the Duster. Of course there are many who are way better than Duster clutch. Since many who drove the 110 claimed the clutch was hard, the 85 is surprisingly smoother in comparison to the 110.
Old 13th June 2013, 00:58   #2507
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I have put up an ownership review of Renault Duster 84 Bhp + (Option Pack).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

Check it out.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 14:04   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think the comparison was with respect to 110 version of the Duster.
Fully agree Ampere. Both are hard but the 85 is a bit better

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th June 2013 at 14:22. Reason: comparison not needed and not in context
Old 13th June 2013, 21:31   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Verito Vibe Diesel is a perfect example of what is a 'light' clutch. New Swift Diesel owner if you find your clutch light, you have not experienced a Vibe's clutch. Its as light as a brand new small hatchbacks clutch.
Old 14th June 2013, 09:59   #2510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Verito Vibe Diesel is a perfect example of what is a 'light' clutch. New Swift Diesel owner if you find your clutch light, you have not experienced a Vibe's clutch. Its as light as a brand new small hatchbacks clutch.
I have not driven the Vibe. But for me 85 is decent enough, not to be a deal breaker. The shifts are quite smooth. However I would add, you dont get that slotted feeling on changing. There are a bit a rough edges though, but over all it would pass.
Old 14th June 2013, 11:45   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
But for me 85 is decent enough, not to be a deal breaker.
How is the scorpio's clutch compared to a Renault (nee Dacia) Duster 85? In the short test drives I found the Scorp's more liveable with. Scorpio owners may like to comment on this point. Presently I am in the market for an SUV and not yet quite ready to put my money on the Duster, heart says go for the Scorp right now, head says wait for the new scorp due next year.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:04   #2512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is the scorpio's clutch compared to a Renault (nee Dacia) Duster 85? In the short test drives I found the Scorp's more liveable with. Scorpio owners may like to comment on this point. Presently I am in the market for an SUV and not yet quite ready to put my money on the Duster, heart says go for the Scorp right now, head says wait for the new scorp due next year.
I did not even TD the Scorpio! Simply because from a size point of view, it did not fit my requirements. It was too big. Pricing points was not even included into the thought process at all.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:34   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
I did not even TD the Scorpio! Simply because from a size point of view, it did not fit my requirements. It was too big.
It may seem big owing to its brawny butch looks, however, a quick perusal of the specs tells me that the Duster is indeed five mm wider than the Scorpio. Does't look like it, no? In our congested roads, width is what matters the most.
Old 14th June 2013, 13:27   #2514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It may seem big owing to its brawny butch looks, however, a quick perusal of the specs tells me that the Duster is indeed five mm wider than the Scorpio. Does't look like it, no? In our congested roads, width is what matters the most.
And off course I did not add that I needed a frugal engine which does a very good job in the city with nice linear power delivery. I am OK with the wider part. Gets you good comfort. But I did not want third row of seats. A good comfortable 5-seater was the requirement.
Old 14th June 2013, 22:30   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Renault could have given us this light clutch configuration in the 85 PS duster at least . How I wish that they come out with the 4x4 with a light clutch. Every other concern with the Duster is OK with me.
Old 15th June 2013, 00:07   #2516
BHPian

I have realized that most of the times I forget to lock doors from lock button on center console. Its only when I stop at some red light, I realize that doors are unlocked. Its an safety issue when rear seat has valuable like laptop etc.

Was wondering if it is possible to get Autolocking of doors when vehicle reaches a fixed speed from aftermarket. May be something like this

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...607566311.html

AFAIK, features like these are controlled by car's ECU. So it shouldn't be impossible to implement features like autolock of doors, window roll up after lock or 1 touch down window by playing around ECU.

Expert comments pls.
Old 15th June 2013, 00:21   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I
AFAIK, features like these are controlled by car's ECU. So it shouldn't be impossible to implement features like autolock of doors, window roll up after lock or 1 touch down window by playing around ECU.

Expert comments pls.
I do think this should be possible but the question is whether the service center guys will do it for you? I know that Sunilrj has done a lot of activation of such features on his Yeti thread, without service center support, but he's also invested a lot in the ECU interface (cash and time)!
Old 15th June 2013, 00:29   #2518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I have realized that most of the times I forget to lock doors from lock button on center console. Its only when I stop at some red light, I realize that doors are unlocked. Its an safety issue when rear seat has valuable like laptop etc.
+1. Even I faced this issue many a time. My previous car though did not have auto lock button, but since the lock was on the door, it was a natural step to lock it and then start.

However over time I have learnt to add this to the ritual before start.
Ritual?

- Turn on (let it idle)
- Connect Ipod
- Turn on Phone BT
- Lock

Easily about a minute would have elapsed. Now drive !
Old 15th June 2013, 16:01   #2519
BHPian

Having a bad experience with my Duster booking at Renault South Delhi

Salesman - "Sir, we'll get your Duster model in 2-3 days, no problem"
Me - "Wonderful, heres the booking amount cheque"
2 days later - "Sir, actually it will take 2-3 weeks"
Me - &&%^#*!!YY!@#!@#
Manager - "Sorry Sir, new salesman and inexperienced. Please forgive"
(interpretation by me - "Lump it, because you have no option!"

I cannot wait for 3 weeks (or most probably 1.5-2 months, which is what other dealers are quoting for the particular color and model I want). Only other option is a car which has been in the stockyard for 1-month as the person whose booking it is, has not been able to arrange finance for it yet. Worth looking at if full PDI is done you think or should I just be patient and wait?
Old 15th June 2013, 19:28   #2520
BHPian

Hi Guys. I just picked up my Duster 110 and drove from Kochi>Idukki>Munnar>Bangalore. During the 700km journey, I got to try it out on all sorts of weather conditions and tarmac. The Vehicle is TERRIFIC. The most important things: Engine, Suspension, Handling, Braking and Transmission are simply OUTSTANDING!! All the small negatives, being discussed here at length, are completely blown away by the positives this vehicle offers.

I have not taken it past 120kph (Running In limitations). So, I cannot comment on high speed stability. But seeing how flat this thing corners around the hairpin bends and sucks up road undulations, I think it would do just fine at high speed.
bdman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks