Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Okay, a stupid question..
How do I use the rear windscreen wash?
Old 26th March 2013, 10:56   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I'm not sure what exactly you guys are telling here. Are you telling that you cannot select different folders or songs located in a different folder?

I haven't faced such a problem in my Duster. There is a 'return' button on the system. This is located below button 5 and there is a 'U' shaped arrow symbol on it. If you press this button, the display shows the previous folder or root directory. The root directory displays the list of folders or songs or both. You can use the central rotary to scroll up and down the list and to select the folder or song, you need to press the rotary. If you have sub-folders within the folders, just repeat the above steps till you reach the desired song.

I usually have songs in a couple of folders and also some sub folders and I have never faced any problem in selecting any song. You cannot do this with the remote control stalk though.
Hi addyhemmige,

Yes that 'return' button does work but there may be a problem when there are too many songs. The first time I tried loading songs from a pen drive the ICE went into a hang. I then reduced the number of songs and put them into the same folder. So the problem was not so much the technique but the amount of data.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2013, 11:01   #2208

Hello guys
A quick question to all the members. I want to upsize the tyres of my Duster to 225/70/r16, since 225/65/r16 tyre size is not available.
I know the 225/70/r16 is not with in the permissible limit as the difference is around 5%.
I want to know what would be the consequences on ride quality, height and braking of the car.
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th March 2013, 11:06   #2209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
Hi addyhemmige,

Yes that 'return' button does work but there may be a problem when there are too many songs. The first time I tried loading songs from a pen drive the ICE went into a hang. I then reduced the number of songs and put them into the same folder. So the problem was not so much the technique but the amount of data.

Cheers!
I use a 4 GB pendrive and have faced no problems so far. Maybe it is an issue with the Head Unit itself. Have you got it checked with the service guys?
Old 26th March 2013, 11:19   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I use a 4 GB pendrive and have faced no problems so far. Maybe it is an issue with the Head Unit itself. Have you got it checked with the service guys?
Since I put all songs together I haven't faced a problem. Even scrolling through the list is not too bad with that dial control under the steering! But I believe there is a patch for the ICE and bluetooth issues (phone echo)which I will go in for on the next service...

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2013, 12:45   #2211
BHPian

Well said, torquing_points!

Can owners of the highest end 110 PS Duster please tell me the capacities of the battery and the alternator? Thanks.
Old 26th March 2013, 16:42   #2212
BHPian

Got my 85 RXL (O) NAV 15 days ago, Works like a charm, was able to upgrade the patch for the SAT NAV system through www.renault.naviextras.com all you need is a blank USB memory stick with 4 GB of memory space.

Just my deduction the seats on the Duster are far too hard to make for a comfortable ride, gets a bit annoying to the spine while the brain is in a state of bliss. Does anyone else also experience the same hard back.
Speedme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 17:35   #2213
Senior - BHPian

@Ssmani That "blessing" can be a mixed bag and depends on how the pick up driver treats your car and how it is treated at the workshop in your absence

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 26th March 2013 at 17:37.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 19:46   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmani View Post
Hello All,

I would like to share you that Chennai Renault dealer provides "Pick-up and Drop" at your door step for regular services. I was enjoying this facility from Chevy at Bangalore. It is really handy to send your vehicle on weekdays and I no need to take off on that day.

Yesterday I have booked for 1st service (2000 km), I got a slot on Wednesday. I am happy to use this service because I can use Good Friday weekend for another long trip. Last week I had a long drive (Chennai to Mysore), Duster rocks!!! I will write a report shortly.
How much do they charge for this service?
My Friday's appt got pushed to April as this was a year end and many cars to deliver it seems :(
Old 26th March 2013, 19:54   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Okay, a stupid question..
How do I use the rear windscreen wash?
It is marked as a rotated inner position of the right stalk - if my memory serves me right.
Old 27th March 2013, 11:10   #2216
BHPian

ohhhhhhhhhh.... could be..
I have only tried pulling/pushing the stalk till now.. Thx !
Old 28th March 2013, 11:21   #2217
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys. We decided to pick a Vento over the Duster as it felt better on the inside. And add to that the price difference at current prices itself was coming close to Rs 2.5 lakhs for the 85 ps. For mainly city use with good tarmac, Vento made sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The 85bhp one will be easier to drive coz of lesser turbo lag and the 110 on highway as per user reports here
I felt that 85 would have made sense for us but compared the 110 top end, 85 top end misses out rear AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- Do you need high seating or a fast sedan. I guess thats the decision you need to make.
Either of them would have been ok. But the pricing played a major role

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
I recently picked up an 85 RXL(o). For driving in the city, you *must* get the 85, not the 110. The clutch is lighter, and the second / third gear is more versatile so you dont need to shift as much. Duster v/s Vento:
I Totally Agree with your analysis.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:39   #2218
BHPian

Guys,

Went on a road trip from Chennai to Goa and back on my duster (110 ps rxz). On ward journey was about 17 hrs and return about 19hrs, took a different route through Karwar. The vehicle is amazing on highways, the stability is top notch. Just wished there was a bit more bite in lower gears. Handled ghats really well. Got mileage of about 14 with the A/C on all through. Maintained speed of 110 with occasional push to 120 and 140.

Since this was through the night, didnt stop for pics, so wont be posting a travelogue. Just thought ill share the experience of a long drive on the duster.

Cheers!
Shandy1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 21:14   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post

How much do they charge for this service?
My Friday's appt got pushed to April as this was a year end and many cars to deliver it seems :(
Whitefield Renault, Bangalore charged me Rs 200 plus taxes
Old 29th March 2013, 02:28   #2220
BHPian

NCR Renault owners,

How are the service centres in NCR?
I might be getting a scala/duster soon.

Most Viewed