Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 07:42   #2041
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Its finally out, max fuel capacity of the Duster is more than 70 L.
After having the low fuel indicator on and travelling about 40kms in that state, I went to my regular fuel pump to fill.

Autocut occurred at 52.3 liters but as I requested the pump representative to top it up, liters followed. Lastly he stopped at 66 liters.
Assuming a reserve of about 7-8 liters left, one can well consider a capacity of 70 plus liters.

While conversing with the representative, he mentioned a brand new Duster from the showroom came and filled some 80 Liters.

Enjoy the RIDE.
Old 6th February 2013, 07:51   #2042
Distinguished - BHPian

@Himadri Mondal,
I suspect that the bunk had faulty / malfunctioning fuel meter. Please check at another bunk too.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 14:38   #2043
BHPian

@himadrimondal - I have been told something similar by people at the fuel pump I visit. But the thing is, one should never fill up the tank to the neck/brim. There should always be a generous amount of air space left in the tank.
Old 6th February 2013, 15:49   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
Taken delivery of 85PS RXL (O) with good number of accessories as below:

Front Guard : Rs. 17500/-
Bumper Guard (Front & back) : Rs. 13,500/-
Rear Parking Camera & RVM : Rs. 7500/-
Chrome Garnishes : Rs. 3800/-
Sear Cover (Bucket) : Rs. 13500/-

Dealer (Divine Auto tech) gave a discount of 10% in the name of Corporate Discount. That's it. We are in seller's market, I suppose.

RAMESH

Attachment 1047242

Attachment 1047243
Congrats on your car mate! It is surely one heck of a hotseller these days.

Just one question, the bumper gurad that you have put, wouldnt it cause problems when you have to install high security number plate?

I think i heard from someone that Renault has stopped this accesorry lately because of this issue with HSRP.
Old 6th February 2013, 18:04   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congrats on your car mate! It is surely one heck of a hotseller these days.

Just one question, the bumper gurad that you have put, wouldnt it cause problems when you have to install high security number plate?

I think i heard from someone that Renault has stopped this accesorry lately because of this issue with HSRP.
Thanks.

The HSRP, perfectly fits into the current plant shown in the photo. In fact, it is because of this reason, I bought that, in case of other Bumper Guard OR Bull Guard as they call it, does not show the number plates clearly, and I once had a experience of getting challaned by cop for the same reason.

Will post new photo with HSRP shortly.

RAMESH
srameshdelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 21:31   #2046
BHPian

I got a chance to look Duster with navigation at Khivraj, Chennai. At first look, it is fantastic, I thought worth the money (22k extra for navigation). I had explored all options, it is up to mark . The audio sounds better with new system, SA also confirmed that many buyers liked new audio system. Map has 2D and 3D modes, you can zoom-in zoom-out with the touch screen. It has only few "hard" buttons on the top, power button, volume control, USB port and aux-in.

Flip-side is that there is no CD/DVD slot and turn knobs. I feel comfortable turning a knob than pressing button to control the volume!!!.

Sorry for not posting any picture, I did not carry my camera and my cell phone does not have one (corporate policy)!!!.

I am eagerly waiting to my own Duster with navigation.
ssmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 23:33   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmani
I got a chance to look Duster with navigation at Khivraj, Chennai. At first look, it is fantastic, I thought worth the money (22k extra for navigation). I had explored all options, it is up to mark . The audio sounds better with new system, SA also confirmed that many buyers liked new audio system. Map has 2D and 3D modes, you can zoom-in zoom-out with the touch screen. It has only few "hard" buttons on the top, power button, volume control, USB port and aux-in.
Did it have reverse camera option?
Old 7th February 2013, 01:22   #2048
BHPian

Is it just me or does brakes on my Duster are bad at low to moderate speeds?
I mean at less than 40 kmph the brakes are inconsistent. Take a lot of time to respond.

Surprisingly at high speeds, the same lousy brakes are very good. Slam on brakes at 80 and vehicles comes to stop without a fuss.

But at low speeds there is lot, a lot of play. I almost rammed a vehicle at pedestrian speed thinking the brakes will have the same quick bite.

Is it same with all Dusters, or I need to get my brakes checked?
Old 7th February 2013, 07:56   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
Did it have reverse camera option?
To my knowledge, the reverse camera display is not there. As of now, Video option is not there, since I did not carry any USB stick, I was not able to check.

The system is developed by LG, I am sure they will include that option in future. I would be very happy if they enable reverse camera option during upgrades. Processor is the bottle neck for such kind features.

After touch screen, the "WOW" factor is added to the dash.
Old 7th February 2013, 09:39   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Is it just me or does brakes on my Duster are bad at low to moderate speeds?
I mean at less than 40 kmph the brakes are inconsistent. Take a lot of time to respond.

Surprisingly at high speeds, the same lousy brakes are very good. Slam on brakes at 80 and vehicles comes to stop without a fuss.

But at low speeds there is lot, a lot of play. I almost rammed a vehicle at pedestrian speed thinking the brakes will have the same quick bite.

Is it same with all Dusters, or I need to get my brakes checked?
Your observation tallies with mine. Plan check this out when My Duster goes for the 2K check up in the next couple of weeks. Or maybe I should do it earlier!
Old 7th February 2013, 13:28   #2051
BHPian

@acroback: very valid observation. Again a irritating quirk of the Duster and likely unsafe too.

But you just gotta LOVE the brakes/tyres combo in a case of high-speed/panic braking.
The damn thing just stops with NO fuss at all.
Old 8th February 2013, 14:17   #2052

ADVICE PLEASE
I am going on a 600 KM drive (one way) tomorrow morning with 4 adults and truck load of luggage. My tyres have Nitrogen gas in them. I need to know what tyre pressure should I keep in front and rear tyres for long drives. The road condition will mostly comprise of good highways with less traffic. Last time the Nitrogen gas was filled 29PSI in all tyres.
please advice.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:52   #2053

I found something strange. My duster is less than 3 months old. Today I found the steering rack at the bottom rusted. The picture will explain better.
My question: Is this normal for all cars to have this rusting issue so soon?
Does this have any impact on steering? Kindly advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-rust.jpg  

nariyani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 17:09   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Its finally out, max fuel capacity of the Duster is more than 70 L.
After having the low fuel indicator on and travelling about 40kms in that state, I went to my regular fuel pump to fill.
Enjoy the RIDE.
The actual capacity to the brim is 75 liters. After auto cut off, the duster gobbles up another 20 liters. Done that more than 10 times and that too with 3 different petrol bunks. The upside is that with 75 liters on board in a reputed/trusted bunk with no adulteration, I can make most of my long trips with no refill in between.
The supposed downside, I think it is not going to do the sensors connected to the MID any good as fuel gauge refuses to come down till 30 liters of fuel is consumed. At 18750 Kms as of today, I am enjoying my ride(Just like you I am sure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nariyani View Post
ADVICE PLEASE
I am going on a 600 KM drive (one way) tomorrow morning with 4 adults and truck load of luggage. My tyres have Nitrogen gas in them. I need to know what tyre pressure should I keep in front and rear tyres for long drives. The road condition will mostly comprise of good highways with less traffic. Last time the Nitrogen gas was filled 29PSI in all tyres.
please advice.
29 PSI will give you excellent ride comfort with 100% confidence on braking, but you can go upto 31 PSI. I have tried 32 PSI with pretty good Fuel efficiency, but ride comfort and braking comes down exponentially. Pickup is pretty good though.
You did not mention if yours is a 85 or 110. Mine is 110 and my observations are based on my ride.
Cheers
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 17:12   #2055

Quote:
29 PSI will give you excellent ride comfort with 100% confidence on braking, but you can go upto 31 PSI. I have tried 32 PSI with pretty good Fuel efficiency, but ride comfort and braking comes down exponentially. Pickup is pretty good though.
You did not mention if yours is a 85 or 110. Mine is 110 and my observations are based on my ride.
Cheers
Thanks Neil. Mine is 110 PS. I will stick to 29PSI then and lets home we get a comfortable drive with good milage.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th December 2014 at 08:38. Reason: Fixing quote tag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks