Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 18:13   #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Can you share the details of the pricing?
@gksunil, happy to shed some color on the pricing. The discount I managed to get was in the ~7% ballpark, on the ex-showroom price. Adding the generosity we show, in appreciation of the "Truth in Engineering" (pun intended!) Infrastructure, the on-road price comes to just a bit shy of Four-Million Rupees. Hope this helps.

PS: have shared (less cryptic) data via PM, given the public forum access.
Old 17th August 2017, 18:30   #377
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mux_usa View Post
Booked the 2017 Q3, in Hainan Blue with Pistachio Beige interiors, the variant being 30 TDI Premium. The dealers have limited stock in Inventory as I am given to understand, which I suppose is driven from the bookings placed the last couple of weeks, ahead of the increased cess being proposed. They seem to be holding off on new orders until further clarity emerges on timelines, as it would be billed at the prevailing rates.
Congratulations. Does the price you got for the Q3 TDI Premium, include the 1 year free insurance, extended 2 year warrantee etc. that Audi India is advertising for currently? It looked like a good offer.
Old 18th August 2017, 05:45   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations. Does the price you got for the Q3 TDI Premium, include the 1 year free insurance, extended 2 year warrantee etc. that Audi India is advertising for currently? It looked like a good offer.
Thank you. Yes, it includes the First Year (Zero-Dep) Insurance, and the initial 2-year warranty. The additional (2+2) warranty is not included in the negotiated deal. The advertized offer (extended warranty, service pack, etc.) is at a different OTR, and in my view, the 'value' of the bundle they are providing isn't worth the incremental (quite significant, may I add) upfront cost.
Old 18th August 2017, 23:57   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. The advertized offer (extended warranty, service pack, etc.) is at a different OTR, and in my view, the 'value' of the bundle they are providing isn't worth the incremental (quite significant, may I add) upfront cost.
The Audi showroom I visited, the SA is trying hard to convince that the new 2 wheel drive Q3 is selling better than the 4 WD (Quattro). But when I try seeing reviews online, hardly any. Maybe because it is newly launched and not many 2 WD owners writing reviews, I am guessing.

Did you consider the 2 wheel drive Q3 before purchasing? I am told that all features of the 2 wheel drive are identical to the Q3 Quattro with better mileage.
Old 19th August 2017, 11:39   #380

Quote:
The Audi showroom I visited, the SA is trying hard to convince that the new 2 wheel drive Q3 is selling better than the 4 WD (Quattro). But when I try seeing reviews online, hardly any. Maybe because it is newly launched and not many 2 WD owners writing reviews, I am guessing.

Did you consider the 2 wheel drive Q3 before purchasing? I am told that all features of the 2 wheel drive are identical to the Q3 Quattro with better mileage.
I would say it depends on your 'use case', as most folks today are predominantly urban-landscape bound. Naturally, with that context, one would tend to agree with the SA that for most people, the 2WD variant is good enough. Quattro would help with wet weather traction and for those days one wishes to go "soft" off-roading.
mux_usa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 23:29   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Quattro would help with wet weather traction and for those days one wishes to go "soft" off-roading.
Makes sense. Did you test drive any other SUV such as the Mercedes GLA, BMW X1 etc., before you zeroed in on the Q3?

When I took a test drive of the Q3, I found it really nice with the high seating position. The auto brake feature when parking up or down hill is also very helpful. The lumbar support is also a great feature to have and the doors in general felt solid while opening & closing. With the signature DRLs and floating indicators, the Q3 really looks nice.
Old 20th August 2017, 05:41   #382

Quote:
Makes sense. Did you test drive any other SUV such as the Mercedes GLA, BMW X1 etc., before you zeroed in on the Q3?

When I took a test drive of the Q3, I found it really nice with the high seating position. The auto brake feature when parking up or down hill is also very helpful. The lumbar support is also a great feature to have and the doors in general felt solid while opening & closing. With the signature DRLs and floating indicators, the Q3 really looks nice.
From the bevy of choices in the compact UV segment, had the final shortlist narrowed down to the GLA, Q3 and Tiguan. Interestingly, through a friend's network in the auto realm, a demo Q5 also came in briefly within my target OTR range but wasn't quite interested in exploring the 'pre-driven' route. Found the X1 ride to not be as pliant or plush for the elderly folk, and for the same reason the Merc got out of contention, with relatively sub-par ingress and egress comfort. In the end, it was a toss up between the VAG offerings, and you have touched on the key factors that eked out an edge for Q3. Didn't quite fancy the Endeavors or Fortuners as I wouldn't equate value to the metal, just pedal!
Old 12th September 2017, 19:35   #383
BHPian

Have any Q3 owners bought an aftermarket front parking sensor kit and subsequently coded their system to enable park assist (on the MMI) ? What would you make of packages like this one ? http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...genuine-detail
Old 17th November 2017, 23:44   #384
BHPian

Hi guys. Is there any ownership thread of the Q3. I have not been able to find any while searching. Reason for asking is that I am contemplating buying the Q3 in next couple of months. Would you recommend it as a premium SUV or are there any other options worth trying. I am not interested in BMW X1. Please advise.
Old 4th March 2018, 18:12   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi guys. Is there any ownership thread of the Q3. I have not been able to find any while searching. Reason for asking is that I am contemplating buying the Q3 in next couple of months. Would you recommend it as a premium SUV or are there any other options worth trying. I am not interested in BMW X1. Please advise.
Did you go through the purchase?

@all,

I m on the verge of booking q3. Any particular thing to keep in mind as I go through the booking process? I m booking a premium diesel 30 TDI. How about service package, can I look at some discount on that?
Old 4th March 2018, 22:16   #386
BHPian

Quote:

One good option that you must explore before you take a call is the Volkswagen Tiguan. If the badge value is not a requirement then the Tiguan IMHO is a superior product. I own one and can vouch for it. My consideration set consisted of the X1 Tiguan and Q3z
Old 5th March 2018, 00:44   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post

No brother due to a little health issue the new purchase is on hold. Hopefully by the end of month will be able to decide. Best of luck for your purchase and do keep all of us updated here about it.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 11:47   #388

Quote:

@all,

I m on the verge of booking q3. Any particular thing to keep in mind as I go through the booking process? I m booking a premium diesel 30 TDI. How about service package, can I look at some discount on that?
I had purchased Q3 premium model while it was intended to be premium plus, (the sales guys had sort of confused during the booking). It has been 1.5 years till now and the car is performing great. However, I had two issues:
1) Rear view camera - While a 3 lac difference between premium and premium plus would make you resort to the premium, I would strongly advice you to go for premium plus. This is my experience as at certain times i do miss camera in Chennai traffic and paddle shifters in hair pin bends (i pretend to be a F1 driver sometimes)
2) Service quality - 6 months back the car went for its first service, picked up and dropped by Audi drivers themselves. They did not clean the interiors at all, the had no floor paper sheets on that even maruti use after service. They had used some oil based cleaner i felt on the body and has accumulated thick dust. Good thing, until you give a clear 5 star online for the service the service guys would do anything. So I asked them to do another body and interior cleaning and that worked.

Make sure while booking you get the price quote for exactly the same model of what you want. This is where we got misplaced and followed the numbers rather than model type (I know Stupid right). Ask them for ridiculous discount, I got a 3 year service free bargain (not even a penny to be paid in the next 3 years of service). Any questions shoot it here and i shall try answering as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Have any Q3 owners bought an aftermarket front parking sensor kit and subsequently coded their system to enable park assist (on the MMI) ? What would you make of packages like this one ? http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...genuine-detail
I got it fixed from here last year. I got the module myself from the UK and the rest technical part was done from this guy. Very professional guy with solid working knowledge but indeed on the pricey side. The module costed me 450GBP while the whole fixing and updating (Coding) costed me 37K. Plus I had to go to Coimbatore for completing this process from Chennai.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 11th March 2018 at 12:15. Reason: Merging back to back posts
abbyanish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 11:50   #389
BHPian

Quote:
No brother due to a little health issue the new purchase is on hold. Hopefully by the end of month will be able to decide. Best of luck for your purchase and do keep all of us updated here about it.
Didn't go through with the purchase as well. Colour of my choice was not available at good discount and also the budget was a slight stretch. Practical mind kicked in soon after booking and cancelled the purchase next day. I have went ahead and booked A3 instead and expecting delivery this week. I will be the only one driving the car with front passenger side alone occupied and absolutely no use of rear seat. Hence the car type (SUV, sedan etc) didn't matter for decision making. This is going to be my entry into German cars
Old 12th March 2018, 23:14   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't go through with the purchase as well. I have went ahead and booked A3 instead and expecting delivery this week. I will be the only one driving the car with front passenger side alone occupied and absolutely no use of rear seat. Hence the car type (SUV, sedan etc) didn't matter for decision making. This is going to be my entry into German cars

Congratulations. I love the looks of A3. It's a good choice and a practical one keeping in view your requirement. Not many A3 on this forum I suppose. So do put up an ownership review soon as well. Best of luck with the new car and do keep us updated about your purchase experience and post some pics as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks