Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2016, 18:22   #361
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Good news for the people waiting for a petrol powered Q3. Audi, has just imported one car for homologation purposes.

The not so good news is that it is a 1.4 litre engine. Lets hope its only a beginning, and that going forward they launch the 2 litre engine also.
Old 30th November 2016, 13:37   #362

Absence of Proximity sensor and reversing camera in Audi Q3 - Any options?

Hi guys,

My dad recently purchased 2016 Audi Q3 premium variant. The car itself costs about 47lacs on road without bargaining discounts and shockingly there was no proximity sensor based reverse nor a reversing camera. During purchase we were told about this but since we wanted the car for an occassion we insisted we go on with the premium as it was easily available and not premium plus (which is the top of the line having reverse camera) which was informed to us that it will take some time to be delivered. However, the problem is that now Audi says there is no way to retrofit or fit a reversing camera since that would void the warranty of 2 years. We werent told about this and we presumed that we would get a genuine reversing camera after the purchase of the car. Audi India says that they dont do these sort of accessories and we have to make peace with it. We even gave them an option of us importing a genuine retrofit from EU and then they can fix it, but they refused to do that as well. The purchase of the car itself wasnt a very pleasant experinece as there were over promises made such as colour and we had to settle for another color due to unavailability during the requested date. At least a promixity sensor would have made sense but no support while reversing is surely a pain in our country. Had they told this before we would have gladly taken the top of the line by paying the mere 3-4 lac price above premium version.

So now to the question, does anyone have any idea on how to fit or have they made a fix to this reversing camera situation. The car is in Chennai and any guidance is appreciated. Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 18:11   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyanish View Post

So now to the question, does anyone have any idea on how to fit or have they made a fix to this reversing camera situation. The car is in Chennai and any guidance is appreciated. Thanks

To my knowledge, I don't think there is an Audi available today, that doesn't come standard at least with parking sensors. Retrofitting a reverse camera is not an option unless you get it done on your own without dealer input and then hope they never notice it.

Check the brochure again, it I impossible that the car didn't come with any sensors as standard.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 10:49   #364

My bad. I missed a thing to tell, there are sensors and the beeping sound comes into place when reversing, but it doesn't show in the screen the side getting close to the obstacle. So basically when i reverse and im obstructed by something I have no idea on which side it is so I have to get down from the car to check it.
Old 2nd December 2016, 10:37   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad. I missed a thing to tell, there are sensors and the beeping sound comes into place when reversing, but it doesn't show in the screen the side getting close to the obstacle. So basically when i reverse and im obstructed by something I have no idea on which side it is so I have to get down from the car to check it.

To get those indications on screen (does your Q3 at least have an MMI screen??) you'll need to update the OPS module. Audi India will not do it for you because, their rules are to record everything on a GoPro which has a live feed to their factory. So doing such a mod will definitely void your car's warranty.

Having said that, pretty sure there are tons of people in Chennai who are professional VAG tuners and will help you to source and install these additions.

The best part is, taking Indian dealerships for granted. After your install is complete, your dealer will never notice something actually added to your car if you use all OE parts.

Contact Vagtune.com for further info.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 00:05   #366
BHPian

Hi guys,

We own a 2015 Q3 35 TDI and wanted to know if there is a steering wheel with paddle shifters that can be done as a retrofit? Analogous to the GTI wheel that can be fit on the GT TSI. Any experinces/info on this would be helpful.

Cheers
Old 7th December 2016, 20:58   #367
BHPian

Hi, there are a few people who offer this and also do the software bit to make sure it works. You can check on the net and you will definitely find it. One of them whom I have heard of are vagtune
mav2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 09:30   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi guys,

We own a 2015 Q3 35 TDI and wanted to know if there is a steering wheel with paddle shifters that can be done as a retrofit? Analogous to the GTI wheel that can be fit on the GT TSI. Any experinces/info on this would be helpful.

Cheers
Yes, there are wheels with paddles available on Vagtune IIRC, but a bit expensive. You could also try looking for them on ebay or Aliexpress where you could get a sweet deal, albeit only after an extensive search and evaluate process.
AZ911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 09:33   #369
BHPian

Re: Absence of Proximity sensor and reversing camera in Audi Q3 - Any options?

Quote:
Hi guys,
There are WIFI based reverse cameras being sold online. They don't need any cabling work and the feed can be either viewed on your phone or on a display that comes along with it; depends on which one you prefer.

The Indian version of Q3 misses out on so many features that are being offered in the West. Even the navigation isn't on by default and I heard that one has to be upwards of INR 80,000 to activate it - probably better to buy off a phone with a data plan exclusively for GPS, which would be much cheaper and accurate (Google Maps).
AZ911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 23:42   #370
BHPian

Today I test drove Audi Q3 Premium 30TDI. Overall liked the car. It is compact and seems perfect for a small family. (Then why not creta? errr.. rings you see...)
Positives w.r.t X1
1. The cabin is quiet.
2. Slow speed potholes are felt, somewhat muted. Above 60, sharp bumps , potholes dismissed with a minimum noise. Felt better than X1.
3. People say X1 handles well, but this front wheel drive Q3 handled equally good.
4. 150 HP power was more than adequate for my use.
5. The steering weighs nicely in dynamic mode.
6. It has sunroof!
Negatives w.r.t X1
1. No reverse camera ! It is only available in Technology. Does it take that much Technology to fix a base version camera ? If Audi can make sunroof standard across all variants, then why not camera?
2. No push button start! A kind of a deal breaker; why because I have this nasty habit of taking the key out of my pocket and keeping it in my hand before I approach any lock, be it door,safe or a Car. I have scratched the entire door handle area of my existing car
3. The quoted price is higher than X1! It borders on 320D range which is a very good car.
So I think my next car might be again a sedan. I am wondering, why the SUVs can't match 320 d cabin in NVH levels?
gksunil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 07:39   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
3. The quoted price is higher than X1! It borders on 320D range which is a very good car.
I also enquired about the Q3 last week. A colleague of mine purchased a Audi Q3 Premium plus (middle variant) Quattro for Rs. 41.yy lakhs in May 2017. At the time, Audi Hyderabad SA told me post GST from July 2017 price would reduce.

Last week for the exact same model (premium plus) I was quoted Rs.42.yy lakhs! I was very surprised, instead of reducing the price, it was more. When asked, did not get a satisfactory answer. Was told, every month offers are different. May 2017 had better offer than currently available. Thought prices were less post GST. In this case it was Rs. 1.yy lakhs more. Very confused how these dealers are pricing high end cars post GST.
Old 16th August 2017, 07:46   #372
BHPian

I guess the pre Cess rush may be over hyped. The prices will be less in December for sure.
Old 16th August 2017, 09:19   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
I also enquired about the Q3 last week. A colleague of mine purchased a Audi Q3 Premium plus (middle variant) Quattro for Rs. 41.yy lakhs in May 2017. At the time, Audi Hyderabad SA told me post GST from July 2017 price would reduce.

Last week for the exact same model (premium plus) I was quoted Rs.42.yy lakhs! I was very surprised, instead of reducing the price, it was more. When asked, did not get a satisfactory answer. Was told, every month offers are different. May 2017 had better offer than currently available. Thought prices were less post GST. In this case it was Rs. 1.yy lakhs more. Very confused how these dealers are pricing high end cars post GST.
The purchase price of your friend's Q3 could be post negotiations and the price quoted to you could be pre-discounts. Please check the list price then and now and then it will be clear whether the prices have been increased or not.

There is a good amount of discount available on the list price of Q3 at present. When I was talking with them for A4, they tried to push for Q3 saying they can offer higher discount on that.
Old 16th August 2017, 11:36   #374

Booked the 2017 Q3, in Hainan Blue with Pistachio Beige interiors, the variant being 30 TDI Premium. The dealers have limited stock in Inventory as I am given to understand, which I suppose is driven from the bookings placed the last couple of weeks, ahead of the increased cess being proposed. They seem to be holding off on new orders until further clarity emerges on timelines, as it would be billed at the prevailing rates.
mux_usa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 16:53   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mux_usa View Post
Booked the 2017 Q3, in Hainan Blue with Pistachio Beige interiors, the variant being 30 TDI Premium. The dealers have limited stock in Inventory as I am given to understand,.
Can you share the details of the pricing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks