Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 11:09   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
We have booked a 2014 Audi Q3 2.0TDI Premium Plus for 39.xx OTR (NCR) to beat the May price hike. Being offered an A6 2.0 TDI Business Edition for 42.xx. Reckon it's worth the extra dough? Will be losing out on the Quattro, Panaromic sunroof, 7 speed DSG transmission, higher seating position but gaining in terms of space and niceties such as Audi Drive Select, rear and side window curtains, 4 zone air conditioning etc ala and more importantly massive boot space and leg room!
It all depends on your usage. The A6 is great, but instead of having the top end of one, you move to the lowest end of the other. Do you need the quattro, and the extra clearance? The A6 will be far more comfortable, but the Q3 a tiny bit better to drive.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 16:39   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It all depends on your usage. The A6 is great, but instead of having the top end of one, you move to the lowest end of the other. Do you need the quattro, and the extra clearance? The A6 will be far more comfortable, but the Q3 a tiny bit better to drive.
Went ahead with the Q3 Premium Plus in Ice Silver. The A6 just didn't feel right in the Business trim, lack of sunroof and wooden inlays didn't help. Not a fan of white exterior with beige interiors combination either. The Premium variant at 46.xx is a fair bit higher. Not to sound biased but the Q3's rear seat thigh support is a bit better than the A6 though it doesn't have the acres of legroom. A 3rd person would be a squeeze but not impossible unlike the A6 due to its intruding transmission tunnel. The A6 certainly enjoys a much greater road presence and status.

Wish Audi sold the Premium Plus variant with S Line body kit as standard or at least a piano black front grille.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:42   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

A facelift is under works & seems to be having the new gen design language (note the 3D Grille design);

Audi Q3 : Official Review-2015audiq3faceliftprototypeshowsallnewaudisuvdesignlanguagemedium_1.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-2015audiq3faceliftprototypeshowsallnewaudisuvdesignlanguagemedium_5.jpg

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 18th June 2014 at 10:43.
Old 26th June 2014, 16:56   #289
BHPian

I just booked an Audi Q3 S 2.0 TDI but after having read the reviews I am wondering if it's really worth coughing up 33.49L(OTR Bangalore) for a car that has no Automatic climate control, sun roof, DRL, and congested in the second row(4 seater car being pushed as a 5 seater).

Adding to my confusion is the fact that I switched from a Pajero to a XUV and now to an Audi, not sure if I am upgrading or down grading :(

Suggestions please??
Old 26th June 2014, 17:36   #290
BHPian

@Enthusiast... I was in the same dilemma for a few months and then decided to wait a bit longer (next year). Q3/Q3S is a great compact urban SUV, but the comfort levels in the rear are not worth the money in my opinion. The Honda CRV was a better urban SUV (albeit with a little less snob factor), but it is unparalleled in terms of rear seating comfort while having the ride comfort of a car. It is a very capable SUV.

The only thing going against it is the resale value because of the petrol only options. Hoping to wait till the Earth Dreams engine option comes to India unless some other options pop up before this release. For something north of 30L on Indian roads, I just don't feel that I can compromise on rear seating space. It all depends on your usage. If you want to go on the premium segment, then a used Q5 might satisy your requirements.
Old 26th June 2014, 17:43   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enthusiast View Post
I just booked an Audi Q3 S 2.0 TDI but after having read the reviews I am wondering if it's really worth coughing up 33.49L(OTR Bangalore) for a car that has no Automatic climate control, sun roof, DRL, and congested in the second row(4 seater car being pushed as a 5 seater).

Adding to my confusion is the fact that I switched from a Pajero to a XUV and now to an Audi, not sure if I am upgrading or down grading :(

Suggestions please??
IMHO please dont proceed with this. You are already having second thoughts and trust me, once you get it, you will regret not doing one of the two (i) spending some more and going for the fully loaded Q3; or (ii) spending similar amount of money and buying something like the Santa Fe, which is better than the Q3 in each and every aspect.

Please remember that the Q3 is just a Skoda yeti underneath, and you are paying nearly twice the amount of money for just the audi badge. If the Audi badge means that much to you, you should get a version with all the frills so that it does justice to its premium positioning.

Just my 2 cents!
himanshugoswami is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 18:35   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
IMHO please dont proceed with this. You are already having second thoughts and trust me, once you get it, you will regret not doing one of the two (i) spending some more and going for the fully loaded Q3; or (ii) spending similar amount of money and buying something like the Santa Fe, which is better than the Q3 in each and every aspect.

Please remember that the Q3 is just a Skoda yeti underneath, and you are paying nearly twice the amount of money for just the audi badge. If the Audi badge means that much to you, you should get a version with all the frills so that it does justice to its premium positioning.

Just my 2 cents!
Thank you for your 2 cents!!

The last thing I would want is a Skoda Yeti in an Audi disguise, such a turn off. Even if I stretch myself by couple of lakhs the fully loaded variant still doesn't provide me enough space in the rear and my better half is strictly against used cars, so Q5 is not an option at all :(

I only have 12 hours to decide before the cheque hits my bank account, considering a Fortuner or a Santa Fe.
Old 26th June 2014, 19:05   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enthusiast View Post
Thank you for your 2 cents!!

The last thing I would want is a Skoda Yeti in an Audi disguise, such a turn off. Even if I stretch myself by couple of lakhs the fully loaded variant still doesn't provide me enough space in the rear and my better half is strictly against used cars, so Q5 is not an option at all :(

I only have 12 hours to decide before the cheque hits my bank account, considering a Fortuner or a Santa Fe.
Between the fortuner and Santa Fe, the Santa fe is a far more refined vehicle and loaded to the gills. go for the Fortuner only if you are into serious mud plugging, else the santa fe outclasses it in all other respects, bet it equipment, refinement, safety and not to forget, it is a brand new product whereas the fortuner is already 5 years old in the market.
Old 26th June 2014, 22:47   #294
BHPian

Interesting. I have both the Q3 premium plus as well as new Santa Fe 4WD AT. Both of these have their pros/cons and their specific fitness of purpose. Santa Fe cannot match the dynamic prowess of Q3 while Santa Fe obviously offers better space and flexibility. It all depends on your purpose.

For me compactness of Q3 is a big advantage as it allows me to navigate crowded narrow roads with confidence (Varanasi and Lucknow in my case) without worrying much about parking and breaking/denting something. Though compact it is still quite usable and five persons of average build should be fine. However when you need more space and still a bit of refinement at non-German prices then Santa Fe it would be. Plus you get the inherent peace of mind/reliability with a Hyundai. Anyway at the end of day you would need to think clearly what would be primary purpose of your new car. To each his own
entropy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 16:27   #295
BHPian

Anyone who is a recent Q3 Premium owner, from bangalore? Any feedback about Audi Bangalore, Sales and Service.

I don't see an alternative to the Q3 other than the X1, in the miniSUV space since i am not considering the Santa Fe or CRV. Not too keen on a 7 seater.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:33   #296
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q3 Dynamic introduced at Rs.38.40 lakhs

German car maker - Audi, has expanded the range of its compact luxury SUV by introducing the Q3 Dynamic. This flagship variant of the Q3 comes with Audi Drive Select - which allows the driver to choose between comfort, sport and dynamic modes which change the steering and throttle responsiveness, damper settings and transmission settings to suit personal preference.

The Q3 Dynamic will also feature a dynamic comfort suspension for rough roads, 17 inch alloy wheels, clear lens tail lamps, panoramic sunroof and an off-road style package, offered as standard equipment. Quattro, Audi's all-wheel drive, will be standard on this variant of the Q3.

The Q3 Dynamic is priced at Rs.38.40 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai, which is Rs.1.60 lakhs more than the existing range topping variant - Premium+. The car still features the same 2.0L diesel engine producing 177 bhp and 380 NM of torque mated to a 7-speed S-tronic transmission. The Q3 range starts at Rs.25.49 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai for the Q3 S Edition.

Audi Q3 : Official Review-audiq3dynamic.jpeg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-audi-q3-rear.jpeg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-audi-lamp.jpeg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-audidriveselect.jpeg

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 11th September 2014 at 17:38.
Old 11th September 2014, 20:08   #297
Team-BHP Support

Hmm so almost 50 lacs on road Mumbai for this? Did someone say the new Yeti was overpriced?
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 20:16   #298
BHPian

I don't like the clear lens tail lamps at all.
Apart from that, car prices have only been going north, but 1.6 lacs is not much for adaptive dampers (+ off-road style package). Waiting for the reviews to float in.

Q3 looks amazing in Misano Red. My god!
Old 1st October 2014, 16:35   #299
BHPian

After much deliberation between Q3 and X1, I just booked a Q3 premium in gurgaon yesterday; ~34L OTR. I was told that this is the updated 2015 model and has minor exterior improvements over the last model with white front LEDs instead of yellow in the previous model. I couldn't see any changes in the grille as suggested by some pics above. Can anyone confirm at other changes are there in 2015 facelift?
Old 1st October 2014, 16:46   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Can anyone confirm at other changes are there in 2015 facelift?
What you booked seems to be the existing Q3 and not the refreshed model that S2 mentioned a few posts below.

Refreshed version is priced at 38.40 Lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai and comes with a host of new features like :-

1. Audi Drive Select
2. New Alloy 17" Alloy design
3. Front and Rear Chrome bumper claddings
4. Clear lens tail lamps
5. Different rear hood
6. Chrome tipped exhaust pipes

Most Viewed