Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:35   #241
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

I am working with the dealer for Q3 purchase - but today he said something that totally confused me.

He says, all Audi cars brought in India after Oct 2013 are intact 2014 editions. If I register the car after Jan 20th 2014, he can actually get me 2014 year of manufacture and of course 2014 year of registration.

Is this correct ? or am I taken for a ride. He also mentioned that Q3 are CKDs directly imported from Spain and their manufacture cycles are different and start from Oct.

I really don't know if this is a blatant lie or is he talking about getting the RTO to mention that its 2014 vehicle when it is not. I of course don't want to get into this mess and hence wanted to see if you friends can give me some guidance on this.

Is it worth getting my hands dirty in this?
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:03   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
I am working with the dealer for Q3 purchase - but today he said something that totally confused me.

He says, all Audi cars brought in India after Oct 2013 are intact 2014 editions. If I register the car after Jan 20th 2014, he can actually get me 2014 year of manufacture and of course 2014 year of registration.

Is this correct ? or am I taken for a ride. He also mentioned that Q3 are CKDs directly imported from Spain and their manufacture cycles are different and start from Oct.

I really don't know if this is a blatant lie or is he talking about getting the RTO to mention that its 2014 vehicle when it is not. I of course don't want to get into this mess and hence wanted to see if you friends can give me some guidance on this.

Don't worry, the dealer is right. He can show a 2013 car as 2014 car on RC book as these cars are CKD. And October 2013 kits are anyways going to be assembled in 2014, more or less. I too have got same info from BMW dealer.
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:47   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Don't worry, the dealer is right. He can show a 2013 car as 2014 car on RC book as these cars are CKD. And October 2013 kits are anyways going to be assembled in 2014, more or less. I too have got same info from BMW dealer.
Thanks - good to know.

My situation right now is X1 - inroad 38.18L + BSI package(not sure how much) OR 43.25L Q3.

The new X1 cockpit features are impressive and more than Q3 (Sat Nav, memory seats, memory shortcuts for any function etc etc)

But Q3 has great space, looks SUVish. 4WD is not something I will need coz I don't off road.
Lets see what happens after I test ride.

Oh and yes - RFT making the ride stiff and no spare in X1 is really concerning.
Old 4th January 2014, 05:04   #244
BHPian

Quote:

Your dealer is right. Audi has model year change every August. So new model deliveries generally are from late Sept/Oct. Just double check on the 2014 manufacturing on the RC. The factory invoice will come with a 2013, so confirm again.
Old 4th January 2014, 09:31   #245
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks - good to know.

My situation right now is X1 - inroad 38.18L + BSI package(not sure how much) OR 43.25L Q3.

The new X1 cockpit features are impressive and more than Q3 (Sat Nav, memory seats, memory shortcuts for any function etc etc)

But Q3 has great space, looks SUVish. 4WD is not something I will need coz I don't off road.

If 4WD is not important for you then why not consider Q3S, it will be cheaper than X1, but the driving pleasure is better in X1. Looks are subjective, I like Q3 looks.
Old 4th January 2014, 10:06   #246
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks - good to know.

X1 is good at that price considering the features and performance. But something you might miss in X1 like, leather. Though if you go for Sportline X1 you would love the sports seats that come with it. Do go and check it out. And you can most definitely get a better price for X1 than 38L. Negotiate hard as BMW has huge stock of X1 which they want to get rid of.

I have no idea about Q3 because I didn't consider Audi during my decision making process. Also, I feel Q3 is ridiculously overpriced. But if you are going for Quattro then it's worth considering.

I think you could also look at pre facelift 5 series which has 10L discount going on provided you find a car in stock at dealership.

My suggestion is check all cars in that budget before taking any decision.
Old 4th January 2014, 10:20   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The X1 sportsline till last week was being offered at discounts of almost 7L plus 3 year BSI as complimentary. It should work out to be much cheaper than 38L even in Bangalore. And the discounts might only have slightly increased with the year change.
Old 7th January 2014, 21:20   #248
BHPian

So, I finally ended up deciding the Q3. That's why I am replying to this thread.
All the details below are Bangalore specific.

X1:
The person who was speaking to me for about a week had given me 38.18L final on road price without the BSI. One day before he told me he cannot do this price and jacked it up to 43L.
The drive compared to Q3 was on the harder side. Tried at 15km/hr on non taar Kuccha road on both and x1 felt it a lot to me while driving and to my wife who was at the back. At 130km/hr on the Nice Rd, the small irregularities on the road can still be felt making you loose confidence with an instinct to break. Maybe over a period of time this might change when you know the vehicle. The entry ramp to the Nice Rd which is a curve - drove it at 60-70km/hr and the car was glued to the road. That's the only thing worth mentioning about this car. This part was better than Q3. But will I do this ? Never. My wife was wearing a seat belt at back but it is not fun for back seaters when this is done. The team explaining the car features and internals to me didn't do a good job. It appeared that they had met their numbers or did not care about meeting their numbers.
Interiors - world of a difference. X1 really doesn't cut it. Stuff there is feature packed no doubt and has more features than Q3, but the way you handle it, the knobs plastics feel cheap. Close the door and you will notice the sound of door closing. That explains the quality. NOTE: this was not on the test drive car. This was in the car kept on the floor and not used. The "thud" of the door closing tells you about the quality. Interior lighting is not as good as Q3.
Finally, the overall package for 43L on road does not give you a smile on your face both looking at it from outside or from inside or driving it.

Q3:
Different story. Reached the showroom at 10am and till 11.30-12pm the guy was just explaining the internal features, external things, under the hood and trunk. We went through literally each and every feature and symbol and readout on the car. Finished the costing/financials discussions and then went for a test drive. Same road same speeds. Non taar Kuccha road did translate up to the cabin but was soft. Wife was okay at the back compared to x1 she said. CHECK.
Touched 130km/hr on Nice Rd, and let's just say I didn't loose my confidence to brake. CHECK. The steering tightened up at that speeds but could be better. At 15km/hr it's very very smooth - too much assisted I think. NOCHECK. Tried the same stunts of 60-70km on the curve ramp, it was good but not as good as X1. NOCHECK.
At 100km/hr, one can easily go through and use all the features of MMI system since all controls are available on the steering and the driver info system shows everything that the MMI screen shows. For X1 your hand has to be taken off the steering to navigate the idrive. CHECK. Has cruise mode which is good but really don't know if it can be used in Indian conditions. All LED lighting is really awesome both interior and exterior. The feel of all surfaces is top notch and just great. And yes you have a smile on your face while driving it CHECK and CHECK.

Well that made me go to Q3. That's not all - the associate from Audi then came along with me to my house with the car while I drove mine home. We did this to do a parking trial and see if it fits well and how hard it was in my parking. He suggested it since that is something I would be doing practically every day.

The waiting period is now really irritating me
araje is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 08:22   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 Audi Q3 Facelift - Spy photos

The facelifted Q3 is expected to be ready for late 2014 or early 2015 and already have the very first photos hinting at the design.

Audi Q3 : Official Review-spyshots2015audiq3faceliftfirstphotosmedium_4.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-spyshots2015audiq3faceliftfirstphotosmedium_5.jpg

The rear of this heavily camouflaged shows a brand new, more angular lower bumper, which mirrors the 2014 A8 facelift to some degree. The design of the LED square halo is also different.

Quote:
However, the biggest change is going to be under the bonnet. The infamous all-2-liter engine family will benefit from the latest EA888 updated family. Better engine management, better use of heat and other measures should help reduce fuel consumption overall.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sp...tos-74243.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 09:12   #250
BHPian

@Araje, congratulations on your Q3 booking, very eagerly waiting for your ownership thread. How was your experience of Quattro working while on bad roads, and the GC. This is one car i wanted to buy from the day it was launched, but my heartbeats for the 3 series though its not as practical as this one, the other aspect is the price. I always felt it was way too overpriced and much more than the 3 series (i was offered 320d base for 37L in Sep, did not check in Dec as had deferred my purchase by 8 months). BTW very surprised that you were offered 43L for X1! In Sep i was offered for 34L after discounts. But I never considered X1, between these two i'd buy Q3 any day irrespective of the discount. Was very curious to know what deal did you get, i believe this is a MY2014 Q3, since Audi changes its MY much before December. Let me know how you worked on the overall deal, PM me if you can, i am just about 6 months from taking a call on this.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:57   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

New 2015 Audi Q3 SUV revealed, debut at 2014 Detroit Show.

Audi Q3 : Official Review-new_audi_q_3_2015_03.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-new_audi_q_3_2015_01.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-new_audi_q_3_2015_02.jpg

The new Audi Q3 is a premium, compact SUV that offers coupe-like looks with the utility of a SUV. The entry level model gets the LED-infused xenon plus headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof and others. The interior of the Audi Q3 is spacious and comfortable for all five passengers, As a standard features, it sports LED interior lighting, efficient white light-emitting diodes illuminate the doors, foot wells, vanity mirrors, storage compartments and the air vent thumb wheels. LED light guides even accentuate the cup holders. With the BOSE Surround Sound system, the frames of the woofer/mid-range speakers in the front doors illuminates elegant rings of white light.

When it comes to safety, the Q3 comes equipped with several airbags as standard including two front airbags, thorax-pelvis side airbags in the backs of the front seats and side curtain head airbags. While the rear side airbags comes as optional. Added to the list, the SUV gets safety belt tensioners up front, belt force limiters and the integral Audi head restraint system.

The 2015 Q3 SUV comes equipped with an Audi drive select system with three driving modes- Comfort, Dynamic and Auto. Additionally, the buyers will have a choice to order a sport package, a driver assistance package, the prestige trim package that includes extended infotainment and convenience features and an MMI navigation plus system with a seven-inch display.

Under the hood, the new Audi Q3 gets the 2.0-litre TFSI four-cylinder engine that churns out a maximum power output of 200bhp and 280Nm of peak torque. Power is transmitted to either front wheels or an optional all-wheel drive system via a six-speed Tiptronic transmission.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...show-12063.htm

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th January 2014 at 14:01.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 20:20   #252
BHPian

Doesn't seem to look much different. Can someone shed some light on the differences.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:44   #253
Team-BHP Support

Looks the same to me. Oh the speaker grilles are different.

I seriously wonder whats going on with Audi's facelifts nowadays. First the A8 which was pretty much new lamps all around, and now this.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:48   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Doesn't seem to look much different. Can someone shed some light on the differences.
This is the 2015 Audi Q3, the facelifted and 'truckier' US version of the crossover that's been on sale elsewhere in the world since 2011.

The main addition will be the Audi connect®
The 2015 Audi Q3 features the award-winning infotainment system, Audi connect®, when the Prestige trim package is ordered.
• Factory-fitted, in-vehicle Wi-Fi connectivity for passenger use, enabling the Audi connect system to deliver connectivity to up to eight wireless devices for passengers.
• The on-board Audi MMI navigation plus system is enhanced with Google Earth™ maps for a true aerial view of the route.
• Audi connect also features real-time localized weather, news and live fuel prices
• Google Voice™ Local Search for detailed information about travel destinations, such as restaurant or hotel hours, pricing and customer reviews
• myAudi Destination feature, which allows users to log on to Google Earth from virtually any location in the U.S. and download up to 50 destinations to the vehicle
• Audi also offers real-time Sirius XM® Traffic information via enhancements to the Audi MMI Navigation plus system (active Sirius XM® Traffic subscription required.)

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th January 2014 at 21:03.
Old 10th January 2014, 20:54   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looks the same to me. Oh the speaker grilles are different.

I seriously wonder whats going on with Audi's facelifts nowadays. First the A8 which was pretty much new lamps all around, and now this.
Well, I guess this is the Q3 being readied for the US debut. As a norm, there will be some minor updates compared to Europe and rest of the world.

Most Viewed