Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 07:19   #316
BHPian

In general every car manufacturer tries to dole out maximum benefits in December to meet their targets. The value you are getting through special edition deal is something you cannot miss. the dealer was telling me that they used to charge 14k for a similar music system before the SE deal started. Don't worry about power steering. It is very easy to getting used to, especially since there is no engine weight in the front.

Any new feature added to the vehicle will add to the price factor.
Old 21st December 2012, 08:01   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Low nano sales hits parts suppliers.

Quote:
The weak demand for Tata Motors Nano has forced its vendors to cut costs and lay off people in Gujarat due to low utilisation of the car factory.
http://www.wheelsunplugged.com/news/...-suppliers/714
Old 22nd December 2012, 07:24   #318
BHPian

Great decal design , I find it better than even TATA designed decals. Great work!
Try to see that when you do it digital graphics your black shade matches to the other vehicle black parts , to look it more natural and real. Hats off to your imagination any way !
Old 22nd December 2012, 18:08   #319
BHPian

All right... here are the details that Tata is giving on the Nano for Dec:
1. Special Edition model
2. 5K cash back if I can produce a RC book.
3. Car floor mats & mud flaps
4. Gift voucher of 6K to buy a gold (I really could not understand what the Sales person was saying).
With much thought, I have almost decided to wait for Jan end to see if the 2013 model gets launched. Why? Because..
1. I expect improved mechanics, better interiors.
2. I do not think there will be a drastic price difference. The Nano is not a hot seller and plays in a segment where the right price will make all the difference.
3. As my dad will drive the car, I really feel it will comfortable if a power steering is provided to turn the wheel from standstill. Hope this is provided.

BTW for those who are looking to buy the Alto800, there is a discount for 15k for Dec. The catch is the purchase and delivery should be in Dec-12.
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:37   #320
BHPian

Today we too took a new limited edition Nano LX. The car looks awesomely good from exterior. The factors that impressed me are:
  1. The Air conditioner : Provides superb cooling in no time. I have to say its at par with my Hyundai I10.
  2. The leg space: Awesome is just a word for it. Am a 6 footer and found it very spacious from a car of this class.
  3. Head room : Again good for tall guys.
  4. Turing radius : You can turn it in the narrowest lanes.
  5. Equipment Levels : You get a lot in 2.3L price band : Alloys,JVC stereo with CD,USB,Aux and Bluetooth(adapator),front 2 door Power windows,spoiler,fog lamps at front and rear,central locking etc
  6. The head and fog lamps: Even makes a 5L band car look ashamed.
  7. Sporty exhaust note and peppy engine without ac on.

The factors which failed to impress me are[list]
  1. Underpowered engine: The engine felt a bit underpowered with ac on. But nevertheless this is what you can expect from a 624cc mill.
  2. Flimsy quality of plastics: Well its Tata and flimsy quality comes as a trademark though things are improving .
  3. Knocking of engine: The engine knocks at low RPM.
  4. Closely placed pedals: This sounds danger. You may press the accelerator taking it for the breaks.. Could be just for me though!!
  5. NVH level has to improve
  6. Its huge time discs are provided for the brakes of Nano. Braking need more effort and lacks the feel.
  7. A rear opening hatch could have been provided.

My final verdict : You wont get disappointed buying a nano since you are paying hardly Rs2.30Lacs for all these goodies under one car called : NANO.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-img_8306.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-img_8304.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-img_8312.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-img_8313.jpg  

urzdeepu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:54   #321
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. NVH levels, pedal position and braking are things you will get used to. After owning and driving the Nano LX for five months, I have got used to all these and I don't find anything amiss.
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:20   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
3. As my dad will drive the car, I really feel it will comfortable if a power steering is provided to turn the wheel from standstill. Hope this is provided.
Please dont expect power steering in 2013 model. If it is only for power steering, i would say avail the offers available now.
Old 24th December 2012, 13:17   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,
I am in the process of gifting my dad a Nano. I checked the car when I was down home in Dec 1st week and was truly impressed with the space. I told the Sales Executive that we will decide towards the end and take delivery by Jan13.
I in the mean while started research on the Nano13 launch. I was pleasantly surprised that I got a prompt call today from the Sales Executive asking on my decision. I told her I was in 2 minds and said I am also thinking of waiting for the 2013 model in Jan(I just bluffed on the Jan release).
I was again surprised when the SE said that that model will be costlier than the current Special Edition and besides the offer of a 5K discount (if I produce a 2 wheeler RC book) there is also a discount of 6K for Dec. But I have to book by TOMORROW!!
Now can someone please help me decide:
1- Should I wait? I am looking to buy the petrol top end version (that is decided) or should I take the offer.
2. So there is some launch in Jan-13??
3. Does the Nano-13 come with power steering and improved noise reduction? Also are there any other improvements?
4. Any idea on the Nano13 price??
Nano 13 - not expected till Mid 2013 (as told by TML employee)

Maybe Nano CNG in Jan. Diesel still testing.

EPS (Electronic Power Steering) under development for ALL TML vehicles - Nano to Manza - but atleast 4 to 6 months away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
@shivasi, go for the Sp edition right now before the offer ends which may be by end of Dec.

The Nano has a great interior packaging and super A/c. The year end deals are the sweetest and try trading in a old two wheeler and you could get a nice exchange value as a add on bonus.

The space and practicality that Nano offers in the entry hatch segment is truly superior and added in freebies such as audio unit, alloys and glovebox are good to have nowadays.
Totally agree. Makes for a total paisa vasool / VFM buy at the moment.
If 1 knows what their primary use of the car is for - it is FUN!

And worth the look of people's face when you squeeze by and zoom past much bigger and expensive cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
In general every car manufacturer tries to dole out maximum benefits in December to meet their targets. The value you are getting through special edition deal is something you cannot miss. the dealer was telling me that they used to charge 14k for a similar music system before the SE deal started. Don't worry about power steering. It is very easy to getting used to, especially since there is no engine weight in the front.

Any new feature added to the vehicle will add to the price factor.
Agree again. You really get used to it and don't miss it till you drive your other vehicle with power steering.
Still 635 kgs with 624 cc engine - you don't miss it unless the car is stand still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
Great decal design , I find it better than even TATA designed decals. Great work!
Try to see that when you do it digital graphics your black shade matches to the other vehicle black parts , to look it more natural and real. Hats off to your imagination any way !
Just curious - which decals? The SE ones?

Quote:
All right... here are the details that Tata is giving on the Nano for Dec:
1. Special Edition model
2. 5K cash back if I can produce a RC book.
3. Car floor mats & mud flaps
4. Gift voucher of 6K to buy a gold (I really could not understand what the Sales person was saying).
Do you have confirmed news? If yes do let us know. Most of us writing here have already bought the Nano 2012 LX SE - honeybee, rknair, myself....

Please re-check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
My final verdict : You wont get disappointed buying a nano since you are paying hardly Rs2.30Lacs for all these goodies under one car called : NANO.
LOVELY pics!!!

I too am waiting for a long photo session with my Nano.
Agree to all the points - many more I wish to add.
Still typing my ownership thread in the assembly line. Should be out soon.

That's a great mini review. Or should I say a Nano review of the Nano.

It's a fantastic cute phenomenon - NANO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Congrats. NVH levels, pedal position and braking are things you will get used to. After owning and driving the Nano LX for five months, I have got used to all these and I don't find anything amiss.
Brake & Clutch - different - close - but not so close.
NVH is decent. Use the free music system

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Please dont expect power steering in 2013 model. If it is only for power steering, i would say avail the offers available now.
My thoughts too.

Last edited by GTO : 26th December 2012 at 09:19. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 25th December 2012, 12:01   #324
BHPian

Shivasi - 2 Wheeler RC book offer is since long time and i dont think they will discontinue it. Have they declared the limited numbers that they are going to sell the special edition or any time limit they declared? , if not then dont worry , it may continue in 2013 as well.
My experience is it is to catch the customer right away ( before others catch him ), it is their normal trick to tell customer that all offers will go away if not booked tomorrow or before moth end if that is close.

Last edited by ramesh : 25th December 2012 at 12:02.
Old 25th December 2012, 22:44   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
Shivasi - 2 Wheeler RC book offer is since long time and i dont think they will discontinue it. Have they declared the limited numbers that they are going to sell the special edition or any time limit they declared? , if not then dont worry , it may continue in 2013 as well.
My experience is it is to catch the customer right away ( before others catch him ), it is their normal trick to tell customer that all offers will go away if not booked tomorrow or before moth end if that is close.
Hi Ramesh,
I couldn"t agree more. I am always told that this offer is just for this month but the next month its the same one.
Looking at the advice from this forum members I am having a word with the Tata folks again tomorrow to strike a sweet deal (no doubt the Nano is anyways a good deal). Will keep you posted.
Any idea what resale value the Nano has?
Old 25th December 2012, 22:49   #326
Senior - BHPian

The offfers will continue for some more months, as TaMo are trying to ramp up the Nano sales. Or if not, other offers will replace them. So I wouldn't worry much about losing an offer at this point in time.

However, please don't take a call based on the discounts on offer. Which car you buy should depend on many other factors. In the long run the few thousand rupees saved would be insignificant compared to the ownership and driving experience.
Old 10th January 2013, 07:34   #327

Bought a new Nano Cx a week back, and I noticed that there's just 1 layer of insulation on top the engine (as opposed to GTO's post on this thread)? Is there any change to remove the additional insulation layer?
Secondly, Is there any way to install a 12V charging point in Cx?
thanks for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
"Need better insulation? Sure, we'll just throw in another layer of material" The 2012 Nano gets two insulating sheets. The rear seat doesn't get warm any more, and neither will your luggage. This sheet also helps in reducing in-cabin engine noise:

Old 11th January 2013, 15:14   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRam View Post
Bought a new Nano Cx a week back, and I noticed that there's just 1 layer of insulation on top the engine (as opposed to GTO's post on this thread)? Is there any change to remove the additional insulation layer?
thanks for help.
With respect to the insulation, mine as well has only one layer. There is no parcel shelf as well in the CX anymore atleast I did not get one. My Nano CX has a July manufacturing date. It seems from the June-July batches TaMo have silently removed these according to the SA.

For the 12v socket ,check out the owner's manual, it has a detailed fuse diagram including the 12v socket, but you might have to cut some plastic to get to the location where the socket could be fit. Better check out a LX for an idea. I think for CX this fuse might not be equipped.

There is no DOOR mode for the interior lamp just ON -OFF -ON so that both co-driver and driver could switch on from their sides.

Coming now to the niggles

1) I think a fuse is blown since the blower and AC did not start up today morning, were working fine till yesterday night
2) Steering boss is misaligned and therefore there is a drag to the left side when the steering is held straight
3) Right side head lamp reflector has some dullness and light seems to disperse instead of reflect outwards.

Butttttttt I am loving it, more so the F.E I got 20 kmpl on my first tankful with about 50% AC.

Visiting Concorde tomorrow for these issues hoping these will be one-offs and to have a better ownership experience as compared to my 8 year old Indica.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 18:37   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRam View Post
thanks for help.
Even I got only one layer of insulation. (July manufactured Dec delivered LX)

I have had bad experience in installing a 12V charging point. LX has a provision for providing it, and I paid Rs. 500/- to the dealer to get it installed. It went kaput the very next day. My wife had taken it to the dealer to get it fixed, now the way he has done it, it is always on even if the key is removed. I am assuming that he has directly connected to the battery without following the Nano's wiring. Now I have to be careful, not to connect anything to the charging point when the engine is off.
Old 11th January 2013, 18:46   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
Even I got only one layer of insulation. (July manufactured Dec delivered LX)

I have had bad experience in installing a 12V charging point. LX has a provision for providing it, and I paid Rs. 500/- to the dealer to get it installed. It went kaput the very next day. My wife had taken it to the dealer to get it fixed, now the way he has done it, it is always on even if the key is removed. I am assuming that he has directly connected to the battery without following the Nano's wiring. Now I have to be careful, not to connect anything to the charging point when the engine is off.
isn't that unsafe to wire it like that?
I suggest you go to the dealer and get it fixed properly, or go to some other dealer if this one can't do it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks