Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 09:03   #1276
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Ah is it! Hmm, I would need to scrutinize a bit then...
Mind sharing what was the final quote alongwith the IDV that you went for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
The total outflow / duration cited by above posts mean an EMI of 20290 approx (973926/48). that would be the EMI of a loan of the same amount at 11.3%.
The current market rate is 1% lower than that.

Also, Some dealers are ready to offer cash discounts (in the form of free insurance) even for M2014 models.

And FYI, I got quote for retrofitting projector headlamps is 26K and alloy wheels 9K.
It would make more sense to go for Ambition+ with discounts IMHO. This offer was from a Tamilnadu dealer.
1. To each its own. For some people, it is better that little payment will have to be made upfront along with no payment for the next year. Gives opportunity to
a) Utilise your funds in better way for the next one year or
b) Will give time to arrange for funds if they anticipate that they will be in better earning position 2 years down the line than today (Pay hike, Bonus )

2. Are you sure retro-fitment of alloys is just 9K. I would doubt that but if they are offering a discounted price, its a Must Have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Guys, after waiting for an exhaustive 4 months for ecosport in vain, I've canceled my booking today and I'm now thinking of rapid. Need your inputs on ownership experiences, maintainence and service costs etc. Just took a test drive and I'm happy that I didn't get the ecosport, the ride quality is far better in rapid than ecosport though NVH levels are on a higher side IMHO.
Ford seems to be having a laugh of its life time. BUT it is ruining long term relationship with future potential customers.

When I went for the test drive of Amazea couple of months back, there was a said waiting period of 4-5 months. Still, the Advisors at showroom greeted with same zest, took for a longish Test-Drive and said they will followup as and when they have updates about the availability of the model. And they did.

In stark contrast, if you just pick a phone and say the haunted word "Ecosport", pat comes the reply 8 months waiting, bookings closed, no TD available.

Above was one key reason I moved on to Skoda. I would suggest you to go through the following links and search the forum for many more.
Another advise would be to test drive thoroughly and know the car in and out by yourself as a lot might have changed between the time when these reviews were written and the models being delivered today.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...vs-others.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...dex-page1.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...xperience.html

And here's mine -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rapid-tdi.html

PS: You may get a heft discount 1L+ on certain 2013 models of Rapid (even with new Symbols but without projector headlights. So bargain hard.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:23   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
PS: You may get a heft discount 1L+ on certain 2013 models of Rapid
Thanks for your inputs. All the links you've posted are sure a big help for me. I am taking the test drive again today. I am very impressed with the way Skoda dealer received me. They sent a test drive to my home along with sales and finance advisors. They are willing to send the team again for a detailed test drive. And exactly as you have mentioned, this ambience is sheerly missing in Ford dealerships.
And to my surprise they are offering the 1L+ deal along with free insurance and some assured freebies on the updated 2014 model. I think this is a real good deal!
Old 17th December 2013, 09:40   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
And to my surprise they are offering the 1L+ deal along with free insurance and some assured freebies on the updated 2014 model. I think this is a real good deal!
I am planning to buy one and the dealer in Thane is giving a 1L discount on 2013 model. Just took a test drive on Sunday. On 2014 model he is offering Skoda Shield worth 50k and accessories worth 7k. Is this dealer in Mumbai who is offering 1L + insurance on 2014 model? Pls let me know the dealer details. I am planning for the New model.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:53   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs. All the links you've posted are sure a big help for me. I am taking the test drive again today. I am very impressed with the way Skoda dealer received me. They sent a test drive to my home along with sales and finance advisors. They are willing to send the team again for a detailed test drive. And exactly as you have mentioned, this ambience is sheerly missing in Ford dealerships.
Can you share the list of Freebies?
From what I was told, there are very few genuine accessories list for Skoda Rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
I am planning to buy one and the dealer in Thane is giving a 1L discount on 2013 model. Just took a test drive on Sunday. On 2014 model he is offering Skoda Shield worth 50k and accessories worth 7k. Is this dealer in Mumbai who is offering 1L + insurance on 2014 model? Pls let me know the dealer details. I am planning for the New model.
Kindly check which Variant you are getting the discount upon.
In Delhi, the maximum discount is on the Mid-variant Ambition+ model and the Elegance+ model carries lesser discount.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:58   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
May be I am wrong but, the buy now pay in 2015 offer didn't make lot of sense to me.
The total outflow / duration cited by above posts mean an EMI of 20290 approx (973926/48). that would be the EMI of a loan of the same amount at 11.3%.
The current market rate is 1% lower than that.
I am no fan of bullet payment especially some banks are ready to fund 100% on road for eligible profiles.

Also, Some dealers are ready to offer cash discounts (in the form of free insurance) even for M2014 models.

And FYI, I got quote for retrofitting projector headlamps is 26K and alloy wheels 9K.
It would make more sense to go for Ambition+ with discounts IMHO. This offer was from a Tamilnadu dealer.
Interest is not calculated this way. It depends on the actual cash flows and not on average. I have done a detailed calculation on this in my previous post and it works out to be 7.41%. Considering the opportunity cost and avenues for 1st year investment somewhere else which can part cover the next year's installment.

Alloys for 9k appears dirt cheap
Old 17th December 2013, 23:13   #1281
BHPian

Quote:

1. To each its own. For some people, it is better that little payment will have to be made upfront along with no payment for the next year. Gives opportunity to
a) Utilise your funds in better way for the next one year or
b) Will give time to arrange for funds if they anticipate that they will be in better earning position 2 years down the line than today (Pay hike, Bonus )

2. Are you sure retro-fitment of alloys is just 9K. I would doubt that but if they are offering a discounted price, its a Must Have.
Quote:
Interest is not calculated this way. It depends on the actual cash flows and not on average. I have done a detailed calculation on this in my previous post and it works out to be 7.41%. Considering the opportunity cost and avenues for 1st year investment somewhere else which can part cover the next year's installment.

Alloys for 9k appears dirt cheap
1. True, I understand the interest calculation. However for someone like me who must save from month 1 to tackle the bullet payment at the end this would be the interest rate wouldn't it?
2. I should have been clearer, 9k is per alloy totaling to 36k, he mentioned it is possible for up to 25k. I did not go ahead with the buying hence didn't negotiate further.
Old 19th December 2013, 20:10   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the list of Freebies?
From what I was told, there are very few genuine accessories list for Skoda Rapid.
They didn't utter anything in specific. I'll negotiate for parking sensors, mudflaps and mats. The pre-eminent of this deal is the 1L+ savings on finance, extended warranty and free insurance for MY2014 model. I think I shouldn't miss this one.
On other note, Ford is haunting me even after cancelling the booking. They are asking for a cancllation request stating the reason for cancellation to process the refund. What kind of company would make their customers feel so terrible
Old 19th December 2013, 22:36   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
They didn't utter anything in specific. I'll negotiate for parking sensors, mudflaps and mats. The pre-eminent of this deal is the 1L+ savings on finance, extended warranty and free insurance for MY2014 model. I think I shouldn't miss this one.
On other note, Ford is haunting me even after cancelling the booking. They are asking for a cancllation request stating the reason for cancellation to process the refund. What kind of company would make their customers feel so terrible
Yes, that's once heck of a deal. But given the numerous Skoda dealership stories (included one faced by your's truly), make sure you get everything in writing that is committed by them.Everything.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 10:43   #1284
BHPian

Visited the Skoda showroom yesterday and had experienced a MY14 rapid. The projectors are not bi-xenon, only for low beams( high beam lamps are normal halogens with reflectors) but low beam throw is very good with the projectors. I think Skoda has upgraded the ICE. The new one sounds very good, better than my Sony Xplod system. New steering wheel looks and feels elegant. And there are few minor improvements over the outgoing rapid like the leather wrap for the gear knob, new classy badging, etc.
Old 20th December 2013, 10:53   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
1. True, I understand the interest calculation. However for someone like me who must save from month 1 to tackle the bullet payment at the end this would be the interest rate wouldn't it?
2. I should have been clearer, 9k is per alloy totaling to 36k, he mentioned it is possible for up to 25k. I did not go ahead with the buying hence didn't negotiate further.
I had purchased the ONYX alloys for 12k for 4.
This is in Mumbai.
Old 20th December 2013, 10:58   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Visited the Skoda showroom yesterday and had experienced a MY14 rapid. The projectors are not bi-xenon, only for low beams( high beam lamps are normal halogens with reflectors) but low beam throw is very good with the projectors. I think Skoda has upgraded the ICE. The new one sounds very good, better than my Sony Xplod system. New steering wheel looks and feels elegant. And there are few minor improvements over the outgoing rapid like the leather wrap for the gear knob, new classy badging, etc.
Are there any deals or offers on the New MY 14. Also does this means that when put high beam on the projector lamps goes off. Or does it mean that there no high or low beam for them they Just operate on low beam focus.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:10   #1287
BHPian

Quote:

Are there any deals or offers on the New MY 14. Also does this means that when put high beam on the projector lamps goes off. Or does it mean that there no high or low beam for them they Just operate on low beam focus.
I'm getting 1L+ savings on finance, free insurance, free extended warranty and some freebies for MY14 rapid elegance.
Regarding projectors, didn't check them so keenly. Gotta visit the showroom again for submitting documents. Will update about it later.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:35   #1288
BHPian

Quote:

I'm getting 1L+ savings on finance, free insurance, free extended warranty and some freebies for MY14 rapid elegance.
Regarding projectors, didn't check them so keenly. Gotta visit the showroom again for submitting documents. Will update about it later.
Which city are you located in and which dealer are you considering for your purchase.
Old 21st December 2013, 09:35   #1289
BHPian

Quote:

Which city are you located in and which dealer are you considering for your purchase.
Sorry for the delayed response, missed this post. I am based out at Vijayawada, AP. My dealer is Mahavir Auto. I would rate my dealer a whole hearted 5 stars for their ambience and response.
Old 21st December 2013, 21:28   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Mind sharing what was the final quote alongwith the IDV that you went for?
I paid 20000 finally with a supposed IDV of 7.8L. I am yet to check if the IDV is genuine or not, have to wait for the policy (only have the cover note as of now).

An update on the first year service of my car. Costed by Rs.7500 with oil and couple of filters changed, tyre rotation, wheel balancing and alignment. Service experience was pretty nice with car ready after a small delay (commendable since it was a crowded saturday at the center). The wheel alignment done during the 6 month service was terrible, but since the tyres were rotated, I had no choice but to repeatedly bomb the SA with my apprehensions. Turned out OK in the end though...
So, not yet bitten by Skoda over the first year of ownership . And the car is a joy to drive!
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks