Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2024, 18:19   #3016
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
It’s been 3705 days - or 10 years and some weeks
Nice write-up and spicy rims. Agree with the sleeper factor, you can tune without worry as there is no DSG involved.
I'd start with a remap and a louder exhaust. The machine looks stunning despite the age.

P.S. Let me drive if I ever go to BLR (unlikely)
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 18:55   #3017
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Nice write-up and spicy rims. Agree with the sleeper factor, you can tune without worry as there is no DSG involved.
I'd start with a remap and a louder exhaust. The machine looks stunning despite the age.

P.S. Let me drive if I ever go to BLR (unlikely)
Thank you! The no-DSG-or-TSI-nonsense is such a peaceful thing. You’re always welcome to drive (if you dare set foot in this city again )!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 12:18   #3018
Senior - BHPian

My 2013 Rapid Elegance has covered around 88k, and has been in the shop for the last few days for a bumper repaint, clutch replacement, and suspension noise issue resolution.

Starter motor is also being replaced due to an intermittent no-turnover issue - hopefully not an unnecessary expense.

I plan to keep her for another year at the least but the yellowed headlights need a fix. An upgrade to the projector setup in the 2014 and later models is not possible by Skoda due to a wiring change required.

OEM for the projectors via Boodmo is 26k+ for the pair, but I don’t know where to get them installed with the correct wiring setup and no cutting.

The same reflector set new is about 11k for a pair, but then will be the same dim bulbs (even with the brighter Osram/Philips bulbs).

So I am exploring the option of getting projectors installed in the same headlights after a good buffing to reduce the aged layer.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should go in BLR (other than JC Road which is extremely shady and unreliable)? Hopefully near Indira Nagar.

Other solutions are also welcome.
Old 14th June 2024, 16:24   #3019
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnelleKurven View Post
Congratulations, the car looks in excellent condition. At 55k it’s got a lot of its life left.

happy motoring and time to wear the Modifying hat!
Sorry for the delayed response, I somehow missed your reply to my post.

Thank you for your kind words. That's the same thing I tell my dad, who worries about revving the nuts off in a decade-old car each time I redline it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on where I should go in BLR (other than JC Road which is extremely shady and unreliable)? Hopefully near Indira Nagar.

Other solutions are also welcome.
I have followed your posts on your Rapid for a long while now! Great to see 88k on the odometer.

Regarding the lights, nothing is ever quite plug-n-play with the Rapid's OEM wiring. I spent years trying to achieve a similar solution. It's quite frustrating really.

For now, your best bets near Indiranagar (since I'm from the area too) are these -

1. Cambridge Layout - Link to FB page

2. GM Palya - Link to FB page
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks