Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 15:13   #2716
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
3.5 years is a sufficiently good life for any battery. Replace it without any second thoughts as it might leave you stranded anytime. Though I can't recall how much I paid for Amaron, but it was surely within 4-4.5k. Check with physical stores for better prices.
Thanks mate. Got in touch with a local dealer and replaced the battery to Amaron. Got a quote of 5.2k whereas online stores quoted 5.5k - 5.6k
Old 23rd September 2017, 01:05   #2717
BHPian

Need help... There is an O-ring in the air filter box which sits at the base of the filter. That O-Ringis missing in my car.

Probably the service guy list of while taking out the filter during service.
Now I am not able to trace it's part number and the ASS people have expressed their helplessness.

Can somebody help me with the part number so that I can make these morons order it.

Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 19:43   #2718
BHPian

My Sept 2012 Skoda Rapid has clocked 105000 kms. On the 1 lakh servicing i asked the service advisor if i need to replace my engine timing belt and he said its 120000 kms for rapid.

I have read on this thread and there are multiple views about 1 lakh and 1.2 lakhs Kms. does anybody have an official word on this ?
Old 24th September 2017, 14:01   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
My Sept 2012 Skoda Rapid has clocked 105000 kms. On the 1 lakh servicing i asked the service advisor if i need to replace my engine timing belt and he said its 120000 kms for rapid.

I have read on this thread and there are multiple views about 1 lakh and 1.2 lakhs Kms. does anybody have an official word on this ?

Yeah. It's at 1.2L kms. Unless you are seeing any issues.

My car timing belt was changed at 1.2L. I did not see any complain even then, just changed it as per the manual.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 10:54   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Yeah. It's at 1.2L kms. Unless you are seeing any issues.

My car timing belt was changed at 1.2L. I did not see any complain even then, just changed it as per the manual.
No issues seen. So will run with the OE till 1.2L. Thank you !

BTW - i have replaced front suspension studs, rear studs, Linkages, ball joints, Belt which connects alternator & Fan. All this done outside in open market in last 6 year months.

Clutch may need replacing in sometime i feel. but doing ok with it. So major work remaining now is clutch & engine timing belt.

I do running of 20K kms per year atleast. Hows your car holding up post 1.2L kms as i plan to run this car for 2 yrs more atleast.
What do you recommend ?
Old 25th September 2017, 14:54   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
i have replaced front suspension studs, rear studs, Linkages, ball joints, Belt which connects alternator & Fan. All this done outside in open market in last 6 year months.
Considering how well our roads are built, I think that is normal. Not much we can do

Quote:
Clutch may need replacing in sometime i feel. but doing ok with it. So major work remaining now is clutch & engine timing belt.

I do running of 20K kms per year atleast. Hows your car holding up post 1.2L kms as i plan to run this car for 2 yrs more atleast.
What do you recommend ?
If maintained well, I think the car will hold on for another lakh kms.

My car had done 1.35L+ kms now and luckily no much issues. With stock clutch and engine pulls well. Can easily hit good speed.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 12:49   #2722
BHPian

Hi everyone! Have upgraded to Rapid Ambition diesel MT from Punto 90hp. Took delivery on Monday and have been thoroughly enjoying the car everyday. Did a 250 km highway drive and the car returned an impressive 20 kmpl while the speeds hovered between 100-110 kmph.

There is only one thing I wish to change in the Rapid and its the horn. While it is adequate, I am a fan of the windtone type horns. I really don't understand why Skoda isn't offering it anymore while the windtone horn itself is referred to as the 'Skoda-type' horn in the marketplace!

Will changing the OE horns to windtone type have issues with warranty? I was told Skoda service centers make note of modifications done on the car at each service. Are the so finicky of even the horn?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_20170926_113052_16501.jpg  

Last edited by Auto freak : 1st October 2017 at 12:55.
Auto freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 20:03   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
There is a weird noise noticed in my 2012 TDI when setting the car in motion in the first gear and also while reversing.

The squealing noise is there only when the car needs more accelerator input to be set in motion, say on an incline or under heavy load. There is absolutely no sound otherwise. The sound comes while releasing the clutch and at the point the car starts to move. The clutch is fine otherwise and there is no loss of power or anything else.

The car has clocked 71k. Google results show that it could be an issue with the throw out bearing or even a sign of clutch nearing the end of its life.

Can anyone shed some light on it?
Quoting an old post because I am seeing the exact same symptom in my 2012 Ambition TDI model. Car has run 45K and has not had any issues in the past 5 years.
torque18: I did not look at any subsequent posts you made, but how did you resolve this issue? And did it end up getting worse?
Old 1st October 2017, 20:57   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Quoting an old post because I am seeing the exact same symptom in my 2012 Ambition TDI model. Car has run 45K and has not had any issues in the past 5 years.
torque18: I did not look at any subsequent posts you made, but how did you resolve this issue? And did it end up getting worse?
I got it checked. The sound was presumed to be related to clutch plate/pressure plate.
I did not let them mess with my clutch as the clutch has been functioning perfectly fine. The sound has not worsened and is hardly ever heard as most of the time it's just 2 people in my car.
The car has done approx 10k after that and there are no complaints.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 03:23   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
This is exact issue I faced when my car clocked 37K kms. Mahavir Hyderabad got my entire clutch along with flywheel changed which cost me around 43K. Currently my car clocked around 56K kms and running fine.
sree5999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 07:26   #2726
BHPian

5 years and 45000Kms on, I hit my first Skoda issue. Was doing an airport drop early today morning. Car started fine on the first crank out of home at 5AM and the drive to airport was normal (20Kms). After drop-off, when I tried to start it again the engine shuddered and refused to wake up. Glow plug warning light started flashing immediately. I tried to crank a couple of more times, and finally the engine reluctantly started, but glow plug light refused to go away.
Gingerly drove back home at low speeds. Car was behaving normally and there was no apparent difference in power delivery atleast around the 1500-2000RPM range. Reached home safely and inspected for any obvious damage on the outside, engine noise but nothing abnormal. I have not yet opened the bonnet to check the fluids, but the car was serviced in march.
I hope it is a false alarm, but will call up Vinayaka Skoda today and check for an appointment.
Old 6th October 2017, 14:40   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Will changing the OE horns to windtone type have issues with warranty? I was told Skoda service centers make note of modifications done on the car at each service. Are the so finicky of even the horn?
Congratulations Auto Freak. Yes, there are very good chances that it will void warranty. They do make note of modifications. I am dealing with them since 2009. I changed the horns of my Fabia only after the warranty period and my Rapid is still under extended warranty. I have not modified anything till date. It becomes easier to claim warranty if things are stock. I recently claimed extended warranty on AC Flap motor and no hassles whatsoever in claiming the warranty. The car was in and out of garage in 2 days flat.

Which branch of Gurudev you took delivery from and where do you plan to get it serviced?
Old 6th October 2017, 18:34   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Congratulations Auto Freak. Yes, there are very good chances that it will void warranty. They do make note of modifications. I am dealing with them since 2009. I changed the horns of my Fabia only after the warranty period and my Rapid is still under extended warranty. I have not modified anything till date. It becomes easier to claim warranty if things are stock. I recently claimed extended warranty on AC Flap motor and no hassles whatsoever in claiming the warranty. The car was in and out of garage in 2 days flat.

Which branch of Gurudev you took delivery from and where do you plan to get it serviced?
Thank you!
I wouldn't want to mess with the warranty since its for 4 years now. In that case I'll leave it untouched. I was hoping they would have the windtone horn as an accessory at least since VW was ready to install dual windtone horn on our Polo GT that my dad bought in August.

Bought the car from Gurudev Ambattur. Had a very good buying experience. Will mostly be going there for service since its very close to my home.

Edit: How about the OE horns from the Vento? Will it void the warranty if I manage to procure and install them. Hope it would be plug and play.

Last edited by Auto freak : 6th October 2017 at 18:35.
Old 13th October 2017, 22:35   #2729
BHPian

I have a query on the RCD 320 music system that my Rapid TDI Ambition came with.

While pairing with my android phone (BB Priv), it asked for permissions to access the contacts and the call list and I provided them. However, I am unable to access the phone contacts or the call list from the music system. Even when I receive a call, only the number gets displayed and not the contact name. Is this how it works or am I missing something?
Old 16th October 2017, 09:55   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!
-SNIP-
Bought the car from Gurudev Ambattur. Had a very good buying experience. Will mostly be going there for service since its very close to my home.

Edit: How about the OE horns from the Vento? Will it void the warranty if I manage to procure and install them. Hope it would be plug and play.
I am not sure they would install the horn from Vento. I am too from Ambattur and get my car serviced there. Get in touch with SA Arul. Been having good experience with him for past 2 years now. Get the App installed and while booking the service using App, you can choose the SA.

Quote:
While pairing with my android phone (BB Priv), it asked for permissions to access the contacts and the call list and I provided them. However, I am unable to access the phone contacts or the call list from the music system. Even when I receive a call, only the number gets displayed and not the contact name. Is this how it works or am I missing something?
You are not missing anything. Contacts would not get displayed. It is how it is.

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 16th October 2017 at 09:57.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks