Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 10:02   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Also, just in case it isn't - the switch module is not very expensive at least as a part procured separately from outside the skoda dealership network - it costs around Rs. 400 for the single module.
I too faced issues like this and I just dismantled the whole switch cleaned it with wd40, dried it and voila it's working again!
Cheers.
Any sources for procuring the switch module?
Old 4th September 2016, 11:09   #2537
BHPian

I got it from an auto spares dealer called Pioneer Automobiles in Mumbai - jogeshwari. You should get this from any dealer who sells skoda or be spare parts.
Old 11th October 2016, 21:35   #2538
BHPian

Finally after much confusion and deliberation, booked Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI Style Plus. Got cash discount OS Rs 1 lac. OTR of 13 Lacs for black package. Planning to take delivery on Diwali though dealer said he can give it much earlier.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 18:20   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Brake discs Replace vs refurbish at a Lathe for Rapid TDI ?
Question is if i have taken a risk here ? the discs are thick enough and the lathe just scraped a few mm of it. i personally dont see anything but need expert advise. do i really need to replace the discs. this costs 7K INR for the replace.
I hope you have read this : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ds-brakes.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
SA at JMD Nerul, Navi Mumbai advised me that i may need a few things changed at around 1 lakh kms
Suspension / Bushes replacement - this will cost close to 45K
engine timing belt - estimate 40K
Clutch plate - Still doing well. but may deterorate. i have used clutch close to 1lakh kms on all my vehicles till now since 2000. I expect this one to last longer . lets see. -estimate 40K.
Suspension DIY work was done on a Fabia - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-replaced.html
@aayushnair has made it seem so easy to do this. So by that logic i believe this work can be done by a discerning mechanic outside.
However as a abundant caution read this Link too

Engine Timing Belt estimate seems on a higher side. For my Fabia the SA quoted 26K and I got Continental Belt kit from outside (in Pune) for 16K plus fitment, labour and misc charges of 2K. However if you get it done outside, the Skoda SS will record it in your history as "Unauthorised Timing Kit". Nevertheless, it has to be replaced before 1.2K Kms as a preventive maintenance, or may lead to serious engine damage in case of a Skoda car.

For Clutch Plate over haul see this Link I have experienced the SA's suggesting me everytime that the Clutch needs overhaul for my Fabia since my 45Kms service, and now my Fabia has completed 1.2K Kms. How to identify Clutch repair is detailed

All the Best!
yogesa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 13:47   #2540
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing LED bulbs for the rear brake/turn light indicators?

I tried to gather information on the internet and have come across this;

W5W Park Front; Number Plate
PY21W Indicator Front & Rear
H8 Fog
P21W Reverse
P21/4W Brake/Park; Fog/Park
W3W Park Rear
WY5W Repeater

Can anyone confirm?
Old 15th October 2016, 13:57   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Finally after much confusion and deliberation, booked Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI Style Plus. Got cash discount OS Rs 1 lac. OTR of 13 Lacs for black package. Planning to take delivery on Diwali though dealer said he can give it much earlier.
I hope you are aware that the new model will be launched in November. I would say wait for some more time and go for the facelift model
Old 15th October 2016, 20:30   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I hope you are aware that the new model will be launched in November. I would say wait for some more time and go for the facelift model
Yes I am aware, but considering there won't be any discount and it will be around 15 Lacs OTR in Bangalore after expected price hike, it will be out of my budget. Though I am keen to go for facelift but my pockets are light. 😥
Old 16th October 2016, 09:42   #2543
BHPian

I am too planning to go for Rapid as discounts are around 80k + insurance. Just wanted to know if Skoda assure is really worth it. I was advised by my friend it is of no use as car is zero-dep insurance and have warranty too.

Guys please advice

Mod Note: Please avoid SMS Style of posting

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2016 at 17:18. Reason: fixed sms style of posting
pabheda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th October 2016, 09:48   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
I am too planning to go for rapid as discounts r around 80k + insurance , just wanted to know is skoda assure really worth it , coz I was advised by my friend it is of no use as car is zero dep insurance and have warranty too,
Guys please advice
I am going for Assure Elite actually for complete peace of mind as it has engine protection even for water ingression.

I am getting 1 lakh discount and no discount on insurance . What discount are you getting in insurance? I do giving them some quotes from outside and try to get some discount on insurance that way.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 11:27   #2545
BHPian

i am getting rapid style mpi 1.6 at for 12.37 on road with 30k for 4 years service contract , and 43k system( 7" lcd screen with gps)
mumbai registered [on road for this before discount is 1291901
Old 16th October 2016, 12:59   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
i am getting rapid style mpi 1.6 at for 12.37 on road with 30k for 4 years service contract , and 43k system( 7" lcd screen with gps)
mumbai registered [on road for this before discount is 1291901
Dude, I think you should bargain for more.
Skoda gives minimum 1 lakh cash discount. I've been offered 1.5lakhs discount too. Depends on the stock and the manufactured date!
Please opt for extended warranty as well as it's a Skoda, you never know when it'll go KAPUT.
Old 16th October 2016, 13:31   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Dude, I think you should bargain for more.
Skoda gives minimum 1 lakh cash discount. I've been offered 1.5lakhs discount too. Depends on the stock and the manufactured date!
Please opt for extended warranty as well as it's a Skoda, you never know when it'll go KAPUT.

Yes I am trying for that as knowing this would be last few months before this model is phased out. So am waiting and not rushing to close the deal. Yes I am going for maintenance and they are giving 4 years warranty.
It was just that skoda assure is of very less use. When I did ask sales representative to explain me a real good reason to go for Skoda assure he was not able to explain to me any advantage of it. So wanted input from you guys.

Mod Note: Please refrain from SMS style of posting

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2016 at 17:16. Reason: fixed sms style posting
Old 16th October 2016, 14:16   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i am trying for that as knowing this would be last few months before this model is phased out , so waiting and not rushing to close the deal
Yes i am going for maintenance and they r giving 4 years warranty ,
It was just that skoda assure is of very less use if i get zero dep insurance,When i did ask sales representative to explain me real good reason to go for skoda assure he was not able to explain me advantage of it , so wanted input from you guys

No need to opt for Skoda Assure. Go for 3rd party insurance and get online quotes.
And seeing you want a petrol car, why are you not considering the Honda City? 1.5 iVtec is any day better than the 1.6mpi in every aspect.
Old 16th October 2016, 14:35   #2549
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2016 at 23:42.
pabheda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th October 2016, 09:11   #2550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Yes I am aware, but considering there won't be any discount and it will be around 15 Lacs OTR in Bangalore after expected price hike, it will be out of my budget. Though I am keen to go for facelift but my pockets are light. 😥
If that is the case, I think you should bargain harder. 1.5 Lacs discount may be possible given that new car is just around the corner. Check the dealers stock yard, if he has many rapids or only a few.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks