Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 12:34   #1831
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

The car trade.com stated yesterday that the new Skoda Rapid is ready for launch very soon. It did not however mention the date of launch.

The news report states that the new Rapid will have a new 1.5 diesel mill along with some exterior changes that include Skoda's new design language. Here is the link: http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...er-125350.html.

Vipin.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:42   #1832
BHPian

Cool, so the News was Spot on,,

My 1.6 TDI will be delivered on Thursday,,,

Cant wait for to take a look at the New Rapid,
Hope, I won't be to-much disappointed - in the look's category - comparing the current and new car, - , I knew, an update was round the corner...
I wanted a Manual Diesel, So, not much for me in the Mechanicals,, but the All New Euro Looks/Design Language,
Nothing on the pricing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The car trade.com stated yesterday that the new Skoda Rapid is ready for launch very soon. It did not however mention the date of launch.

The news report states that the new Rapid will have a new 1.5 diesel mill along with some exterior changes that include Skoda's new design language. Here is the link: http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...er-125350.html.

Vipin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Some News - I think reliable,, but, still not absolutely certain,,,

SKODA will introduce the NEW or European Rapid - Next month,, Price range ~15 Lakhs.
The 1.5 Diesel and with Auto box is anyway confirmed - recent Polo and now - the New Vento, so Rapid cant be left behind,

Have to wait till the day, to know.

Production of current Rapid has stopped - some time back, and new bookings have lesser color and variant choices, that too till the existing stocks run out.
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:11   #1833
BHPian

Skoda is launching the next version of Rapid with 1.5L engine in 25th September.
This was accounced by Skoda official on the event of Skoda Family Fun Car Rally that was organised in Delhi today.
It was however not disclosed that what other changes apart from the new 1.5L Diesel Engine be introduced.
Old 22nd September 2014, 07:20   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
....No point in going for insurance claim over such a small scratch and also losing your NCB...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
...Use rubbing compound to smoothen the filler first and then the paint...
Thank you Friends. It's a lease vehicle and hence I have no intentions in keeping NCB or going for other fixes. Have raised a damage claim. Let's see how things go.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:01   #1835
Senior - BHPian

The Rapid facelift gets the new 1.5L TDI as expected, but the big surprise is the DSG !!

Source - https://twitter.com/halley_27
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:38   #1836
BHPian

Folks, Update on the New Skoda, My info on Euro Looks was wrong - this is more akin to the Black Edition,,

Here's the Auto Car link, they claim to have driven the New Rapid with DSG Engine- http://ow.ly/BLq4G
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:14   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, Update on the New Skoda, My info on Euro Looks was wrong - this is more akin to the Black Edition,,

Here's the Auto Car link, they claim to have driven the New Rapid with DSG Engine- http://ow.ly/BLq4G
I was playing around photoshop yesterday night to see how a blackened roof will suit my Rapid, and then this news comes with an option package . Out of the new features of the new version, I'll be missing the cruise control on my one month old Elegance.
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:31   #1838
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Black alloys, ORVM, B pillars-check
Beige interiors- whats that?

This is more of a wannabe attempt to look sporty. It was high time, they should have brought the Euro look Rapid with chiseled and sharp looks borrowed from the vision concept.

drive safe
Abhishek //M
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:20   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Was going through the Overdrive review and the car looks quite a bit jacked up. The ground clearance was already a lot and if they have increased it even further, this is turning out the Linea way. The huge wheel arch gap looks ugly, the 0-100 times are slower than old 1.6 TDi and as per reviewer the engine revs less freely, some thing to rejoice for old owners

Wonder how good the idea of putting in the 7 speed dsg is, this created issues in Superb as it was running at the max and i hope VW have done some thing to improve the reliability.
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:52   #1840
BHPian

Agree, Cruise Control is the only feature, missing - so to say,
And if in case - the Ground Clearance is increased...Otherwise, I am am feeling pretty good going ahead and booking the Current Rapid, Was fretting they would bring in the Euro Rapid looks..

I would have loved if Skoda had provided Indicator Blinker/Light on the OVRM's,,,That would have wrapped the already great looks of this Car.

I hope, I can get this fitted in near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
I was playing around photoshop yesterday night to see how a blackened roof will suit my Rapid, and then this news comes with an option package . Out of the new features of the new version, I'll be missing the cruise control on my one month old Elegance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Was going through the Overdrive review and the car looks quite a bit jacked up. The ground clearance was already a lot and if they have increased it even further, this is turning out the Linea way. The huge wheel arch gap looks ugly, the 0-100 times are slower than old 1.6 TDi and as per reviewer the engine revs less freely, some thing to rejoice for old owners
Old 25th September 2014, 15:57   #1841
BANNED

I have just booked a rapid AMB+ -> went and saw in the yard that the vehicle alloted to me has JK vectra 185/60 R15 tyres - disappointed a little bit.
Randomly sampled other 'already alloted' vehicles and many of them had apollo alnac 185/60 R15 tyres (which I perceive, are better)
I am a little bit worried about higher tyre noise and poorer ride comfort (the way I have gathered info about JK vectras) compared to the apollos.

Can anybody tell me whether my concern is justified ? Should I think of getting them changed after delivery (I dont want to upsize)
Old 25th September 2014, 16:06   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I have just booked a rapid AMB+ -> went and saw in the yard that the vehicle alloted to me has JK vectra 185/60 R15 tyres - disappointed a little bit.
Randomly sampled other 'already alloted' vehicles and many of them had apollo alnac 185/60 R15 tyres (which I perceive, are better)
I am a little bit worried about higher tyre noise and poorer ride comfort (the way I have gathered info about JK vectras) compared to the apollos.

Can anybody tell me whether my concern is justified ? Should I think of getting them changed after delivery (I dont want to upsize)
Neither of them are great and even Apollos have a reputation of being noisy after a while. I would suggest you change to better rubber right away. The tyres should fetch you about 3k and Yoko AVS DB or Michelin energy should be about 5K. Alternately, you could also look at a couple of Goodyears, B290 and ER300
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 16:09   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
You can ask for a change in tyre from the showroom itself if you want Apollo (as I understand they have only 2 options).
Else try out Michelin/ Yokos outside at 5k for 15inch ones.
anup7649 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:23   #1844
BANNED

@lalittalwar , @anup7649

Thanks for the suggestions. However, if you dont mind, can you help me a little bit more ? I am confused & all the information I am finding in the web is muddling me up. Before I talk to a tyre shop guy (who can easily fool me since I am a novice - never done it before), can you please help me by filling the below table ? size : 185/60 R15

table: 1 means poor, 10 means best

Yoko AVS DB
less noise ............ grip (dry).............. grip (wet)............... long lasting ...................

Michelin Energy XM1
less noise ............ grip (dry).............. grip (wet)............... long lasting ...................

Michelin Energy XM2

Michelin Primacy LC

Bridgestone B290

Bridgestone ER300

Goodyear DP series

Goodyear eagle efficiency

Goodyear Assurance Fuelmax

Thanks in advance

Last edited by venkyhere : 25th September 2014 at 21:26. Reason: formatting
Old 25th September 2014, 22:10   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, if you dont mind, can you help me a little bit more ?
JK are not that bad as perceived. My Vento TDi came shod with JK Vectra. Using on tar road no issues with road noise, only when you drive on concrete roads there is some noise.

If you decide to upgrade go in for 196 60 R15. My preference would be as follows:
1. Michelin XM2 : Strong sidewall. Less noise.
2. Michelin P3ST : Little softer sidewall in comparison to XM2 but more silent.

XM1 is old, XM2 surpasses it.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks