Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 21:20   #1666
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
They will not do counter sale. Even if they do they will add labor cost to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Rapid pads are also TVS
Visited the VW workshop and checked the part numbers. Its exactly the same as Rapid. What came as a shock was the cost of brake discs which costs Rs. 2174 a piece. When the discs were replaced under warranty, they costed 2271 for the pair. I checked the bill.

And Vento apparently has two types of brake pads, one costs 1800 while the other is for 2600. Rapid uses the cheaper one of the two

As for the counter sale, the store manager has called me on Monday to speak to the workshop manager.
Old 14th June 2014, 21:45   #1667
BHPian

Are the differently priced pads also different part numbers for VW?
Old 15th June 2014, 01:56   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Are the differently priced pads also different part numbers for VW?
I did not check that but logically it must be different otherwise there will be two parts with the same part number. Apparently, one is the clip type and the other is without clips (from what the guy in the store mentioned). Rapid's is without the clip.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:17   #1669

Hi

Planning to replace the rear mud flaps for my 2013 Rapid, the flaps are bit long and with two passengers in the rear seat, they scrape the Road humps,

Has anyone replaced these with the VW Vento mud flaps?. which are comparatively shorter.
Old 16th June 2014, 18:04   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetg View Post
Hi

Planning to replace the rear mud flaps for my 2013 Rapid, the flaps are bit long and with two passengers in the rear seat, they scrape the Road humps,

Has anyone replaced these with the VW Vento mud flaps?. which are comparatively shorter.
Even I am thinking to get the OEM mud flaps replaced with shorter and flexible ones. These OEM ones scrape at every freaking road humps in Bangalore, doesn't matter how slow you go or what technique you use (diagonal cut).
Also the flaps would be damaging the paint when rubbed against the body every time it touches the ground.
Anyway I have not seen new Vento flaps, but came across few flaps for Rapid in ebay.
One is Speedwav Car Mud Flaps for Rapid, and the other is Premium Rubber Type flexible flaps for Rapid.

Has anyone tried any of these?
Old 16th June 2014, 19:40   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetg View Post
Hi

Planning to replace the rear mud flaps for my 2013 Rapid, the flaps are bit long and with two passengers in the rear seat, they scrape the Road humps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Even I am thinking to get the OEM mud flaps replaced with shorter and flexible ones. Has anyone tried any of these?
I got a set from Ebay last year. http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:L:OC:IN:3160

They have worked well on my Rapid, no complaints, you might want to try them.
Old 17th June 2014, 19:50   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
I got a set from Ebay last year. http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:L:OC:IN:3160

They have worked well on my Rapid, no complaints, you might want to try them.
How is the material like? The OEM ones are long plastic type and not very flexible. So no more scraping at Bangalore's monster speed humps?
Old 17th June 2014, 20:39   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
How is the material like? The OEM ones are long plastic type and not very flexible. So no more scraping at Bangalore's monster speed humps?
The material is rather flexible and not long nor very short and stubby, as Goldilocks would say "Just right". I haven't had any scraping on our mountainous speed barriers
Old 17th June 2014, 21:15   #1674
BHPian

Has anyone bought a Skoda petrol AT? What is your experience about the car?
Thanks in advance
Ramesh
Old 18th June 2014, 14:01   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Colleague calls for the Rapid AT test car. Vinayak brings a 2012 car. It is the only Rapid AT they have. The test drive car had been through a bad shunt. The air bags were in deployed and deflated condition. They stuffed the air bag, back in to the horn pad and had taped the area. The drive was good but the rest of the car had seen its days, possibly due the the crash. It was strange that the gearbox did not have tiptronic. With this experience, the Rapid AT has been ruled out. Sad.

I guess the sales assistant was not well informed. He kept saying the Rapid AT now comes with the twin clutch dsg. I can't find any information on the skoda website so my guess is he is wrong.
Old 18th June 2014, 17:32   #1676
BHPian

The Skoda Rapid certainly comes with tiptronic which can be used in the 'D' mode. A friend of mine owns the 2013 model. DSG has not made its way to the rapid.

OT : I found the rapid AT to be a really nice vehicle with a 6-speed gearbox which works flawlessly with a light foot and you also get the 'S' mode for enjoying the car right till its redline. Another significant and thoughtful thing done by Skoda is making the Rapid AT available in the Ambition trim which means you don't have to necessarily buy the fully loaded variant in order to own a Rapid AT.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 12:16   #1677
BHPian

Can anyone confirm what exactly is included in 5 years Maintenance free scheme currently available on Rapid?
Old 19th June 2014, 13:33   #1678
BANNED

my heart is totally set on this car.
I am looking at ambition+ variant (the new skoda website says this has 2 airbags + ABS + lots of ultima stuff).

1) I really care only about the 2 airbags and ABS. Is it possible to get the ambition plus just without the ultima additives ? also without the 5 x 5 package ?

2) bangalore folks, do you know whether in any of the dealerships, any buy-back scheme is on for older cars ? (mine is a 2010 estilo)
Old 19th June 2014, 13:44   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
my heart is totally set on this car.
I am looking at ambition+ variant (the new skoda website says this has 2 airbags + ABS + lots of ultima stuff).

1) I really care only about the 2 airbags and ABS. Is it possible to get the ambition plus just without the ultima additives ? also without the 5 x 5 package ?
Venky, Last time I checked with Vinayak skoda, they had only Ultima cars with them. They told that the normal MY14 cars might be available from August. AFAIK, the Ultima cars carry only some cosmetic changes which I guess, is added at the dealer level. Not 100% sure about this, others can confirm. I didn't check with TAFE Access, hence not sure what the situation is over there.

Quote:
2) bangalore folks, do you know whether in any of the dealerships, any buy-back scheme is on for older cars ? (mine is a 2010 estilo)
Buy-back scheme is available and Vinayak Skoda were ready to exchange my Figo for Rapid. But I did not get a quote as I was not interested in the Ultima model.

The above mentioned interactions happened three weeks ago at Vinayak Skoda, Sadashiva nagar showroom.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:28   #1680
BHPian

The black edition is on its way, that looks to be better than all the earlier ones. Hope they price it right. It is reported by ACI that Black edition might be the last before the face-lift comes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks