Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 18:10   #946
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Went to a Mahindra showroom again today and took another TD.

The SA mentioned Feb for bookings to reopen. That's the 3rd person who has mentioned Feb. He also mentioned that the production capacity has already been ramped up.

I asked him whether the no. of inquiries and TDs have reduced and he confirmed: lots of people already know that the bookings are not opening any time soon. So the no. of footfalls have decreased.

I called Koncept- Safdarjung Enclave & he said that he has only heard of december end - January beginning Booking reopen time frame. & also asked about if new TD vehicles are coming up with some improvement in clutch & arm rest (as discussed above by someone) - he said "we are not aware" !!
Old 21st November 2011, 18:52   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Width wise both see to be of same size. Fortuner has a higher ground clearance and I felt that it was more imposing as compared to XUV. Also the height at which driver seats is higher in Fortuner.
I have seen a XUV on road. IMO among one of its negatives is that it lacks road presence. It looked rather small to me.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st November 2011 at 23:54. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 21st November 2011, 19:33   #948
BHPian

Had a disappointing day at Koncept Lajpat Nagar today. Had gone to take delivery of my XUV Silver W6, instead when I reached there I was told Silver XUV's have some "technical" problem and none of them at the yard can be given to the customer. Was being pushed towards a Grey colour. I felt suspicious and probed the senior sales people and they said the Silver has a dent and they would need to get it repaired/painted from Mahindra people. Did not buy this as well and pushed for a Silver again.. have now been promised a Silver on Wed with a PDI at the yard tomorrow. Let's see how it goes. I'm disgusted by the unprofessional behaviour of Koncpet. Would advise people against booking any car at this dealer.
Old 21st November 2011, 20:02   #949
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you try tweeting to Anand Mahindra about this ? He seems pretty responsive about issues relating to Mahindra, maybe something nice will happen to you !
Old 21st November 2011, 20:09   #950
BHPian

I heard about a similar vehicle to be launched by ford next year from a ford dealer. That too in < 10 lac range. Is this true?
Old 21st November 2011, 20:32   #951
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I had almost made up my mind to go for the XUV and was waiting for the bookings to re-open eagerly. but all that changed after I took the second test drive, which was a little longer one and I could see how it behaves in the city properly this time. I stalled the car twice with jerk! the clutch was acting weird! its not that easy to live with in the city and bumper to bumper traffic which is usually the case almost anytime of the day in mumbai. and also I drove a friends new current honda city the next day and in comparison it felt way better to live with in city conditions. I know its not the right comparison but still my point is its still not that easy and smooth to drive in city traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Its possible that they might have improved the gears a bit but its still no CR-V or outlander! City/bumper to bumper traffic conditions are still not mahindra's cup of tea! They still have a long way to go. A sedan will be much easier to live with in urban conditions, which is where we mumbaikars still drive mainly. Its for people who has more highway trips and who has a second car for the city. But if its your only car then its better to stick with a sedan.
Sorry, but seems like apples to oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I would disagree here. Infact the good low end torque, excellent visibility, peppy performance & good suspension makes the XUV a good city car. Infact, I dint feel any abnormality in the clutch either.
I would second that. Zero turbolag, felt like a petrol car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
I called Koncept- Safdarjung Enclave & he said that he has only heard of december end - January beginning Booking reopen time frame. & also asked about if new TD vehicles are coming up with some improvement in clutch & arm rest (as discussed above by someone) - he said "we are not aware" !!
I believe my earlier post has been misinterpreted. The Thane dealer had ONE new XUV for TD and it might NOT have been from a new 'improved' batch.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:01   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Had a disappointing day at Koncept Lajpat Nagar today. Had gone to take delivery of my XUV Silver W6, instead when I reached there I was told Silver XUV's have some "technical" problem and none of them at the yard can be given to the customer. Was being pushed towards a Grey colour. I felt suspicious and probed the senior sales people and they said the Silver has a dent and they would need to get it repaired/painted from Mahindra people. Did not buy this as well and pushed for a Silver again.. have now been promised a Silver on Wed with a PDI at the yard tomorrow. Let's see how it goes. I'm disgusted by the unprofessional behaviour of Koncpet. Would advise people against booking any car at this dealer.
Welcome to my world. I agree with you on this. They are the worst dealer i have come across. People say Skoda/VW has bad reputation related to their dealers attitude. I think it just a matter of time when, with the help of Koncept lajpat nagar, this tag will be with Mahindra.

Weren't you provided with chassis # of the car? If so, then when you get the delivery check if it matches.

Now i am scared with what all happened to you today. Me too is getting the delivery of W6 silver tomorrow. I hope the car they give me is not the "technical" or "dented" one.
Please keep us updated.

Last edited by nitinralli : 21st November 2011 at 21:03.
Old 21st November 2011, 21:36   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Now i am scared with what all happened to you today. Me too is getting the delivery of W6 silver tomorrow. I hope the car they give me is not the "technical" or "dented" one.
Please keep us updated.
It is very difficult to repair a dent, match the paint and deliver it in a day. For accident repairs, authorized body shops take 3 days minimum for drying. It is highly unlikely that you would get the dented one, but still, checking the Chassis nuber would really help.
Old 21st November 2011, 22:32   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Why dont you try tweeting to Anand Mahindra about this ? He seems pretty responsive about issues relating to Mahindra, maybe something nice will happen to you !
I did. No response yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Weren't you provided with chassis # of the car? If so, then when you get the delivery check if it matches.
Please keep us updated.
No, I wasn't. Infact throughout the two month waiting period, it was I who was constantly following up. Have you been provided with a number? I will most probably visit the yard tomorrow - Gods and Koncept folks willing - Will keep an eye on your XUV if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
It is very difficult to repair a dent, match the paint and deliver it in a day. For accident repairs, authorized body shops take 3 days minimum for drying. It is highly unlikely that you would get the dented one, but still, checking the Chassis nuber would really help.
I'm calling bullshit on the dent theory. Most likely they have gone ahead and sold my allotted car to someone else at a premium and are now scrambling to provide me with one.
Old 21st November 2011, 22:47   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I wasn't. Infact throughout the two month waiting period, it was I who was constantly following up. Have you been provided with a number? I will most probably visit the yard tomorrow - Gods and Koncept folks willing - Will keep an eye on your XUV if you want.
I just PM you with my chassis #. In fact i had to go through the same pain like you. I did all the follow up. Was on their head to give me chassis # which they finally provided last week. The only followup they did was for the margin money. That wanted me to pay all upfront in the starting of November and only then they can give me the car on 20th.
Old 21st November 2011, 22:48   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm calling bullshit on the dent theory. Most likely they have gone ahead and sold my allotted car to someone else at a premium and are now scrambling to provide me with one.
I really doubt this. What happens if i tell the dealer to show me the dent and if its minor, i will take the vehicle with it and fix it in 1st service. His bluff will be called out.

Secondly, Since Mahindra is diectly processing bookings, i doubt if dealer could play game here.
Old 21st November 2011, 23:39   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
have now been promised a Silver on Wed with a PDI at the yard tomorrow.
Did you receive any calls from M&M on the delivery times? You should have ideally taken the VIN too. At least the VIN of the car which is said to have the dent. Post it over on t-bhp and some fellow members could avoid getting the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
I heard about a similar vehicle to be launched by ford next year from a ford dealer. That too in < 10 lac range. Is this true?
Called Eco-sport. Please take your discussion to the below link. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...small-suv.html

Quote:
Secondly, Since Mahindra is diectly processing bookings, i doubt if dealer could play game here.
I doubt they could sell the other car for a premium to some one else; but you never know! And I am wondering how come they offer a grey which most probably could have been allotted to some one else.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:04   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt they could sell the other car for a premium to some one else; but you never know! And I am wondering how come they offer a grey which most probably could have been allotted to some one else.
The only probablity that i could think of is that the person in que, who is scheduled to get the car, cancelled the booking at the dealership without informing Mahindra.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:24   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I really doubt this. Since Mahindra is diectly processing bookings, i doubt if dealer could play game here.
Quote:
One of my friends just took an XUV W6 home, he did not have any booking , had an urgency as sister was getting married, thought of buying the XUV on 13th and took delivery on 21st. I was baffled, asked him how? "Dealer owner is father's best friend, a black xuv due for delivery to a poor chap, told him grey is available not black and showed on paper that customer changed color preference"

It is happening friends, be strict on your original choice and don t be fooled.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:28   #960
BHPian

Quote:
My delivery date was 1st January but received a call from the Dealer (Sri Durga Prashant Vihar) on 7th Nov that they have a car and can give it to me and I agreed. Next day I went to them with my draft and got a shock that that was a mistake and I will only receive the car on 1st January. I contacted Mahindra and they asked status report from the dealer. The dealer confirmed same evening to me that another car is ready and I can take delivery next day. I reconfirmed with them and specifically told them I will not take delivery in the evening as I would like to do a thorough PDI in the daylight. Next day I reached the dealership by 1 PM and the car was not there. I stayed there with my kids and wife till 7 PM when the car finally arrived.
There was another shock in store...
I was surprised to see that the car had following problems that I sited despite it was night:-
1. None of the seats were covered with polythene
2. The rubber/plastic/metal of bonnet stand was missing.
3 The break pedals, Clutch and accelerator pedals all showed a fair amount of usage.
4. There was an extra piece of plastic part which was kept under the bonnet (the place where usually mechanics keep their tools while working on the open bonnet). When inquired none of them had any answer.
5. There were grease marks all over the body even on the windows of the car.
6. The infotainment screen showed scratches.
7. The quarter penal window on the left hand side (Glass area just before the D pillar) had some rough surface which was light smoke in color as if something near to it was painted and the residual paint got stuck on it. It was not cleanable even with wet cloth. (I am sure that no part of the car was painted though)
8. The scuff plate white covers had many scratches as if at least 1000 ppl must have stepped on it. It was not cleanable with wet cloth.
9. The fog light had atleast 30 ml of water stuck inside it.
10. Half of the insulation rubber piece of the right side under the bonnet had came off

I refused to take delivery and went back home. It was clearly a display vehicle if not a demo car.
Next day early morning received a call back from the manager and he was upset as he was going to loose his job. (I have heard he is already fired)
I insisted I want to visit the stockyard before deciding on the vehicle and asked them that I will take the delivery from their main showroom at rama road.
At Rama Road the story was entirely different. I was given aristocratic treatment and every one from down to top knew the issues that I faced and was given all the leverage that they could afford including selecting any color I like from the stockyard. The available colors were Grey, Red, White and Black. The only other color I like in XUV was Silver and they did not have that in stock for W8. I selected the car in Grey. They provided lunch to my family and arranged a driver at short notice to drop my other car to my residence in sonipat about 1.5 hour drive from there and that too at 8:30 PM when the car was finally ready after installing accessories. Sri Durga at Rama Road is their largest dealership in NCR and the staff is marvelous. The RM assigned to me is forthcoming and ensures all my queries at phone are answered to my satisfaction. If I am not satisfied he reverts back to me after investigating further.
End of the day I would like to say that Mahindra listens and addresses the issue fast. Dealer experience is subjective. They do have leverage and have flexibilities they need to function properly. It could be that the car LastActionHero was going to be offered was a display car and after learning that a proper PDI etc will be done by the customer they had second thoughts.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks