Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 12:59   #826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar
Another review of this amazing car by "Gul Panag"

Now, imagine the scene of person who is wathing this - whether to see Gul or XUV !

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=LE4yj...ature=Youtu.be
Thank you

Seriously: A surprisingly good review of the car. She has obviously driven it and is familiar with the features and drawbacks of the vehicle. Actually, it is surprising only if one is being chauvinistic.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 13:31   #827
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I had the DGM - Vehicle development and Sr Manager- Marketing from M&M visiting today to get a first hand feedback on my XUV.

An excellent initiative from Mahindra, probably the first of its kind, that reassures the commitment from M&M to customer satisfaction.

We had a good 1.5 hrs discussion across all spheres. Kudos to M&M team for such an initiative.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:57   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
I have heard that the DVD player does not work while the vehicle is in motion because it only works when the Handbrake is ON I guess this is a safety feature so the driver does not get distracted.
Does this also mean that we cannot play MP3s burnt on a DVD??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I had the DGM - Vehicle development and Sr Manager- Marketing from M&M visiting today to get a first hand feedback on my XUV.

An excellent initiative from Mahindra, probably the first of its kind, that reassures the commitment from M&M to customer satisfaction.

We had a good 1.5 hrs discussion across all spheres. Kudos to M&M team for such an initiative.
Looks like M&M is getting ALMOST everything about the XUV right!! TATA can learn a lot from this launch and the activities around it & start implementing some of those for Aria.

@mannubhai, would you like to share whether you had given them some improvement areas on the car?? Also is XUV going to be serviced in the normal Mahindra A$$? There were reports that XUV will have dedicated A$$.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:15   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Looks like M&M is getting ALMOST everything about the XUV right!! TATA can learn a lot from this launch and the activities around it & start implementing some of those for Aria.

@mannubhai, would you like to share whether you had given them some improvement areas on the car?? Also is XUV going to be serviced in the normal Mahindra A$$? There were reports that XUV will have dedicated A$$.

I am sure you can,since MP3's are audio only, if we can listen to the Radio while driving, I guess they have disabled the video function of the DVD player.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:44   #830
BHPian

Hello Team,

Any idea why i am getting Insured Declared Value less when generating quote online from ICICI... ? https://www.icicilombard.com/motor-insurance/car.cms

Your Quote

A quick quote is generated for your vehicle with the following details

Date of First Registration : 09/11/2011
City of Registration (RTO) : BANGALORE
Make, Model : M & M,XUV 500 W8
Insured Declared Value (IDV) : Rs. 1135250

Approx. Premium * : Rs 29017

This is is not a value i got from dealer.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:51   #831
BHPian

Has anyone tried fitting the optional reverse camera in the XUV? I believe that the wiring and option is already in place? If yes, where has the camera been fitted? Did you have to make a hole in the bumper to accommodate the camera or is there any other option provided? What was the cost of this fitment?

Thanks,

Nikhil
Old 9th November 2011, 16:56   #832
BHPian

Check This out one more review,

First drive- Mahindra XUV 500 - Video | The Times of India
Old 9th November 2011, 16:58   #833
BHPian

Regarding the insurance quote from the dealer, is it with zero % depreciation?
Old 9th November 2011, 16:59   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, just found another tweet about XUV.
Quote:
Dear Mr. Mahindra; I am a ardent M&M SUV fan; purchased XUV recently which happened to be repainted and repaired
Guess this car was bought from Silver Jubilee motors, Pune. Please do inspect your XUVs thoroughly before buying. Don't get excited & overlook PDI.
Old 9th November 2011, 17:07   #835
Senior - BHPian

I'm quite sure you can. In similar players it will just display a warning message on the screen about the usage of handbrakes, but the audio will play in the background.

If it can recognize the format to be mp3 I dont think we will have this issue even. By the way, does the HU recognize video files from USB too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Old 9th November 2011, 18:36   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hello Team,

Any idea why i am getting Insured Declared Value less when generating quote online from ICICI... ? https://www.icicilombard.com/motor-insurance/car.cms

Your Quote

A quick quote is generated for your vehicle with the following details

Date of First Registration : 09/11/2011
City of Registration (RTO) : BANGALORE
Make, Model : M & M,XUV 500 W8
Insured Declared Value (IDV) : Rs. 1135250

Approx. Premium * : Rs 29017

This is is not a value i got from dealer.
Tushargohil: This quote is without zero % depreciation. Dealer is charging around Rs. 45000/- for the same. I spoke to my dealer today and they are willing to match an outside quote. So speak to insurance companies, get a better quote and go to the dealer with it. The dealer cannot force you to take insurance from them.

To get a zero dep quote from ICICI, you need to visit their branch since this product is not available online
nikhileshgrover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 18:52   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Tushargohil: This quote is without zero % depreciation. Dealer is charging around Rs. 45000/- for the same. I spoke to my dealer today and they are willing to match an outside quote. So speak to insurance companies, get a better quote and go to the dealer with it. The dealer cannot force you to take insurance from them.

To get a zero dep quote from ICICI, you need to visit their branch since this product is not available online
Copy That Nikhlesh, infect i had chat with india-garage SA too and found the same.. is anyone here got ZERO dep quote from ICICI? (expecting car on 3rd Dec 2011)
Old 9th November 2011, 19:28   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Rahul,
The best quote I got from the dealer was 37.8k for the corporate Zero dep thru ICICI Lombard.
Finally took the same corporate ICICI lombard insurance for 31.9k from my insurance agent.
Regards
Sid
Sidwadia: Can you PM me the insurance guys number? I would like to get a quote too.
Old 9th November 2011, 19:33   #839
BHPian

GAME, SET, MATCH to ME ME ME
Finally all my efforts to get my own insurance paid off. It has been a week long fight and with the help of you guys, specially swiftnfurious for posting it on Anand Mahidra twitter account. A big Thanks to you bro.
I went from Area sales manager to VP of Koncept auto. I stood my ground and didn't bow down to there tricks. I have never fought like this before in my life for my right, maybe a little "Anna" effect on me. Did all kind of search for insurance from all companies and provided them with what all i could find.
And finally today, they all went down like a deck of cards. Got a call from VP Koncept auto and SA (Salman Malik) saying that they are providing me with a "discounted insurnce", hah yah sure. They also said that if you are not happy with what they are offering, then i am free to have my own from outside (Bingo).
Here's the mail from them:

I tried to connect Mr. Nitin but was not picked up by him. Our executive salman talked to the customer about our discounted proposal matching with outer market. Still on special case we can also consider the case for his own insurance.
Regards

TOPHAN PATTANAYAK
Vice President(operation)
Koncept Automobiles Pvt. Ltd

NOIDA-201301 (India)
Phone:
Moblie:
Website : Mahindra, Mahindra-Mahindra Dealer New Delhi and Noida - Koncept Automobiles

Sent: 03 November 2011 08:53

Subject: Re: URGENT: Dealer's charging extraordinary amounts for Insurance for XUV 5oo

html> head> meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-16"> /head> body>
Dear Tophan ji,

Please address the customer complaint immediately.

Regards
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:56:21 +0530

Subject: RE: URGENT: Dealer's charging extraordinary amounts for Insurance for XUV 5oo

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for the reply. I am still waiting from Mr Toophan to get back to me on this.

I think my concern was misunderstood a little. My concern is, how can a dealer state that Insurance is "mandatory" from him only. I guess there is no rule as such that it has to be from dealer only. If a customer does not want to go with dealer insurance, then he should not be forced to obey dealers terms. As per your statement below “Dealer will definitely like to do the insurance in house but if u feel its on a higher side there is always a scope of discussion between u & dealer.” I agree that dealer would “like” to have the insurance in house however he cannot force customer to buy it from him only. What I am trying to say is why should I “discuss” this with dealer and not simply take it from outside?

To cut the story short, what i need from you or Mr Toophan is a written statement that I am free to choose my own insurance deal weather from dealer or from outside. If you can provide this to me, then I would be more than happy.

Looking forward to you reply.

Regards,
Nitin

Once again thanks to all and like me, down go down and stand for your rights.[/quote]

nitinralli: How much did you eventually pay for your insurance? And is it zero dep?
nikhileshgrover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 22:04   #840
BHPian

At a time when he should have been asking Mr. Anand Mahindra for a fatter paycheck plus doubling of his company stock options, Rajesh Jejurikar, CEO, Automotive division, M and M, decides to call it quits instead!!

Maybe Tatas have poached him!

Business Line : Companies News : Rajesh Jejurikar quits M&M

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks