Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 14:45   #7966
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV 500 W10 AT goes beyond 100000 Kms! What now?

No need of either flush or additives. Keep changing oil every 10k and use a good quality synthetic. Or even maximile feo. Your car will last you for much more. Yes replace gear oil, coolant, brake oil and rear differential oil on schedule, get the suspension checked for at least bushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
100000 is nothing much for modern engine and it will still go for many more if periodic maintenance is taken care of. Using good quality oils and a little bit proactive care helps to keep vehicles in best of shape. In my case i replace oil at 7500 -8500 kms instead of 10k kms. i use a engine flush and some engine oil additive. I also replace gear oil at 40k and fuel filters every 15k considering our adulterated fuel.

I would say stick to stock suspension setup, get the whole car detailed professionally, new seat covers and your good to go for another lakh kms for sure.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 20:12   #7967
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

My XUV500 is in the workshop for almost 6 weeks. One of the underbody part needs to be changed which does not seem to be available anywhere in India.

Today SA informed me that it is in backlog order that means it could be long before it arrives. I have tried escalating to Mahindra CC on twitter but they redirected to workshop. Workshop cannot do anything unless part comes.

Is there any way to escalate it further?
Old 12th April 2023, 10:45   #7968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
My XUV500 is in the workshop for almost 6 weeks. One of the underbody part needs to be changed which does not seem to be available anywhere in India.
That's a long time without any resolution too in sight. What is the specific part? If any smaller ones, you can try ordering it online if any seller is having the same.

I have tried this in smaller components, where the delay in workshop getting the part can be few days. Order, get the part delivered and go with that to the workshop and get it changed. Avoids the need for leaving the car over there for multiple days.

But again, that works only if the part is small/ vehicle is drivable etc.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 20:13   #7969
PGA
BHPian

Quote:

Today SA informed me that it is in backlog order that means it could be long before it arrives. I have tried escalating to Mahindra CC on twitter but they redirected to workshop. Workshop cannot do anything unless part comes.

Is there any way to escalate it further?
Funny, wonder what part requires such a long sourcing time. Have you tried looking for it yourself in the local market or at FNG or checked out scrap dealers in your area.
Old 18th April 2023, 11:25   #7970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
That's a long time without any resolution too in sight. What is the specific part? If any smaller ones, you can try ordering it online if any seller is having the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Funny, wonder what part requires such a long sourcing time. Have you tried looking for it yourself in the local market or at FNG or checked out scrap dealers in your area.
Have not been able to update due to other commitments.

I escalated to Mahindra SM but they redirected to workshop only. I met workshop GM and escalated the issue to him about it. Surprisingly, the parts arrived within 2 days after this.

Next struggle was to get the workshop team to repair the vehicle. I almost went there daily to check on the status. IMO, they are too slow.

So, after many visits and making few friends in workshop, the vehicle got ready last Thursday.

Shoutout to Acko insurance team, they have completed the assessment and approved in 2 days.

Taking the delivery today after 2 months 22 days.
mukeshc18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 13:10   #7971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Taking the delivery today after 2 months 22 days.
That's too long for any kind of work. What was the part that required to be changed and which workshop was this?
Old 23rd April 2023, 23:26   #7972
BHPian

Today when returning from Kanatal, while I was driving on the Meerut expressway, all of a sudden there was a loud thud and shattering of glass and that moment I knew my sunroof had shattered on its own. I was crusing along 80-90 kmph when this suddenly happened. I immediately stopped the car to check the damage and saw the shattered sunroof and pieces of glass inside the screen . Luckily the screen was also civered. I slowly drove back to home . Has anyone faced this issue. Also what's the cost involved in replacement and is this covered under insurance
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20230423214451.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20230423214507.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2023, 20:47   #7973

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
That's too long for any kind of work. What was the part that required to be changed and which workshop was this?
Hi Suhas,
My friend owns aa XUV5OO too. He is based out in Bengaluru. He is getting a P0299 error for which the service centre replaced the vacuum modulator twice. But still he is getting the engine light and the same error on the obd. I suspect some leakage in the intake/exhaust manifold but he is unable to locate it and neither the service centre guys. Can you help us here ? Since you also had the vacuum modulator changed twice. He would be glad if he could get in touch with you. I found your email ID from the profile page, can I share it ?

Regards
Nightfury
Old 24th May 2023, 13:24   #7974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
Today when returning from Kanatal, while I was driving on the Meerut expressway, all of a sudden there was a loud thud and shattering of glass and that moment I knew my sunroof had shattered on its own. I was crusing along 80-90 kmph when this suddenly happened. I immediately stopped the car to check the damage and saw the shattered sunroof and pieces of glass inside the screen . Luckily the screen was also civered. I slowly drove back to home . Has anyone faced this issue. Also what's the cost involved in replacement and is this covered under insurance
I dont have answers to your Question. But someone else on TeamBHP had a similar thing happen to XuV700 of theirs. There may be an update there. Check it out, maybe even post this there, people there might know some stuff.
Old 24th May 2023, 15:18   #7975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury29 View Post
He is getting a P0299 error for which the service centre replaced the vacuum modulator twice.
Hello Nightfury,

I have not got vacuum modulator replaced till now. However, for XUV500, for vacuum modulator error, one should also get check engine light + limp mode as per my understanding.

My assumption is that your friend may be facing turbo failure. Yes, you can ask him to contact me, will have a discussion and check what is the issue faced.
Old 24th May 2023, 15:56   #7976
BHPian

Of late, I am finding that my XUV500 suspension is not very absorbent of the road imperfections. The front shock absorbers were replaced last year and the rear are still ok as per the service center. I have run only 45000 km. I found the ride to be plush when the service center reduced the tyre pressure to 28-30 PSI.

Is this lower tyre pressure something I can continue to use, even during highway drives? Would it cause the tyres to overheat on long drives?
Old 27th May 2023, 12:02   #7977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Of late, I am finding that my XUV500 suspension is not very absorbent of the road imperfections. The front shock absorbers were replaced last year and the rear are still ok as per the service center. I have run only 45000 km. I found the ride to be plush when the service center reduced the tyre pressure to 28-30 PSI.

Is this lower tyre pressure something I can continue to use, even during highway drives? Would it cause the tyres to overheat on long drives?
I’d suggest you up the Psi by 2 during highway runs. From personal experience using 30 psi in the city gives for a better ride quality and plushness. However in Highways it makes the steering response vague and the pick-up feels sluggish due to the increased drag. At highway speeds I prefer using 32 psi because of the balance between ride quality and handling.
OverLxnder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 12:54   #7978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post

During highway runs, the tire pressure goes up by as much as 4 psi. Especially on concrete roads. Therefore, there’s no problem in under inflating by a small amount. The ride will vary from car to car depending on the state of the road, upkeep of the car and the age of the suspension. What works for one XUV need not be true for yours.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 20:57   #7979
BHPian

Hi, what should be the price of XUV 500 W10 (30,000 Kms) 2016, tax paid till 2026?
Old 27th July 2023, 00:40   #7980
BHPian

I couldn't find a better place to post this update beyond this thread which I have been following for over 9 years or more.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv5oo.jpg

After precisely 11 years of owning our Silver Cheetah XUV5OO W8 - we have finally decided to part ways as we just made a sale agreement. The ODO stands at 1,51,000 KMS and this is one car that I will miss.

Today I just confirmed the booking of our replacement XUV7OO MT Diesel and hope to have it delivered in a month's time
peterjim13 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks