Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 20:53   #7951
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Pretty good deal, chose the Amaron 90AH in place of 80AH OEM .
Can you share model number of this 90 ah battery that will fit xuv 5OO. amaron go 85 ah battery gone bad in 1 year for me and it happened two times.
Old 2nd August 2022, 17:26   #7952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Can you share model number of this 90 ah battery that will fit xuv 5OO. amaron go 85 ah battery gone bad in 1 year for me and it happened two times.
This is what I ordered. Link also given below.

Battery Brand: Amaron, Battery Model: AAM-GO-00135D31R

https://www.batterywale.com/batteryw...aka/Bangalore/
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:23   #7953
BHPian

Hi, Any idea what would be the cost of suspension bush replacement at Mahindra Service centers or outside workshops. Got rough idea of parts cost, mainly looking at labor charges.
Old 10th October 2022, 21:02   #7954

Hi, I need to do an airport run soon to pick up some relatives, anyone know how many big trolley bags which you typically use for international trips Xuv500 boot can take with third row folded down?
Old 10th October 2022, 22:43   #7955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8toV12_ View Post
Hi, I need to do an airport run soon to pick up some relatives, anyone know how many big trolley bags which you typically use for international trips Xuv500 boot can take with third row folded down?
Should take four in standing position, I could fit that much in my outlander boot, having owned the XUV5OO until last month I think it would fit four with third row folded, with some space left.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 09:21   #7956
BHPian

[quote=V8toV12_;5418681]Hi, I need to do an airport run soon to pick up some relatives,

6 check-in bags with the 3rd row folded. 4 placed (lengthwise) parallel to the car and 2 horizontal on top of the four bags.
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 13:04   #7957
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Friendly Moderator Rehaan was determined to get some legroom out of the last row. Here is the solution he came up with:
Those looking at other ideas for relaxing might be influenced by this gentleman. So peaceful, so stress-free, so comfortable he looked
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20221112-12.30.24.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20221112-12.30.27.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:36   #7958
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a 2013 XUV5OO W8.. now with almost 100k on the odo.

I have recently moved to Bangalore and looking for some good non-Mahindra authorised and independent workshops / service centers. Need to get service and repairs done.

Would be great, if any of you folks can share some suggestions and experiences. I live in the Indiranagar/ Koramangala area.

Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 19:32   #7959
BHPian

Hi Guys, I get a yellow Engine warning notification but not always. One day it displays the notification and the other day it doesn't. It all started after I parked my car for couple of hours in an open parking area. I am wondering whether it's because of rat biting any wire. I called the service guys and they said nothing to worry as long as I am able to drive.

It would be nice if any of you could share your experience on the same. Thanks.
Old 20th January 2023, 08:19   #7960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
mainly looking at labor charges.
I suppose the work would already be completed by now. I am not able to recollect the cost as such, but I guess its since it was low enough to forget.
It was done part of some regular service for me and that never stood out as a big amount that I will remember it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik.agr View Post
I have recently moved to Bangalore and looking for some good non-Mahindra authorized and independent workshops / service centers.
Many of us XUV owners in Bangalore has been trying to find similar elusive FNG's without much success. Currently, though out of warranty, most of us still go to Chrome motors .

Its bit far from the location mentioned by you and is an MASS. However, currently the best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Hi Guys, I get a yellow Engine warning notification but not always. .
Is it the 'check engine' light, with the engine icon coming that is coming up or is it light with 'ENGINE' written on coming up? Both can be due to different issues.

In either case, running without analyzing what is the issue is not a write approach. You will have to visit service center and check the log for the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 15:23   #7961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is it the 'check engine' light, with the engine icon coming that is coming up or is it light with 'ENGINE' written on coming up? Both can be due to different issues.
Thanks for your response buddy.

It's just the yellow light with the ENGINE written on it. Just 1500 kms short for the service so I thought I will get it checked during the service if this is not really a big issue as it pops up from time to time and no real difference while driving the vehicle.
Old 6th February 2023, 22:53   #7962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Thanks for your response buddy.

It's just the yellow light with the ENGINE written on it. Just 1500 kms short for the service so I thought I will get it checked during the service if this is not really a big issue as it pops up from time to time and no real difference while driving the vehicle.
It can be as simple as the car key not doing its' job. See this thread on Quora. But you really need the OBD scanner from Mahindra service center to diagnose it.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 22:43   #7963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
But you really need the OBD scanner from Mahindra service center to diagnose it.
Thanks for your message. I did took it to the service center yesterday and they did the OBD scanning and informed me the issue is with the high pressure pump not pumping adequate diesel properly to the engine.

Solution is to service the Bosch pump which would cost around 25k or replace it with new one for 55k. They said only issue I might face is the loss of power especially after 80 - 100 kmph otherwise there isn't a serious problem.

I did face loss of power twice in the last month but the ENGINE! notification light is not ON always. Out of 5 drives, it displays once. Not sure what to do. My only worry is leaving the vehicle in the service center for 5 days.

Can i drive the vehicle as usual since the notification hardly comes or this issue needs to be immediately addressed?
Old 12th February 2023, 21:43   #7964

XUV 500 W10 AT goes beyond 100000 Kms! What now?

Hey everyone,

ive now crossed the 100000 mark on my much loved XUV500 W10 AT and i dont intend to change it for a new car. Ive travelled a lot and loved every bit of the journeys ive taken in it and i just need to know that what special care / upgrade should i plan on undertaking to take better care of my car and extend ownership for atleast the next 50000 kms. My thoughts:

1. Ive a decent ICE already in it nothing much to change there.
2. Recent change of tyres at 90k.
3. Suspension upgrade? Maybe if it offers value in terms of substantial improved ride quality and comfort. Ive been running on the stock shocks (and not really impressed, but never considered till now but seeing some impressive videos on youtube), but ive absolutely no idea about what or how to go about it? Anyone having an upgraded shocks on their XUV500 can opine and share their experiences it would be very helpful.
4. Upholstery upgrade is another option for a "new" feel and might consider doing that as well.
5. Any other ideas worth considering im open to any and all suggestions.

also any tips for maintaining the now aging car would also be appreciated, this is my first 100000+ car.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 14:23   #7965
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 W10 AT goes beyond 100000 Kms! What now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Ambrish View Post
Hey everyone,
also any tips for maintaining the now aging car would also be appreciated, this is my first 100000+ car.

Thanks
100000 is nothing much for modern engine and it will still go for many more if periodic maintenance is taken care of. Using good quality oils and a little bit proactive care helps to keep vehicles in best of shape. In my case i replace oil at 7500 -8500 kms instead of 10k kms. i use a engine flush and some engine oil additive. I also replace gear oil at 40k and fuel filters every 15k considering our adulterated fuel.

I would say stick to stock suspension setup, get the whole car detailed professionally, new seat covers and your good to go for another lakh kms for sure.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks