Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 16:47   #7906
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Need inputs. I have XUV5OO-W10 2017 model, 3yrs with 27kms done, my warranty expired recently. Additional 2yrs warranty is charged INR 27,000, any suggestions on worthiness of extended warranty. My monthly travel wont exceed 1000kms, majorly on National highways.
Old 12th November 2020, 16:49   #7907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
Need inputs. I have XUV5OO-W10 2017 model, 3yrs with 27kms done, my warranty expired recently. Additional 2yrs warranty is charged INR 27,000, any suggestions on worthiness of extended warranty. My monthly travel wont exceed 1000kms, majorly on National highways.
The warranty is very much worth it. Especially as you will be doing several highway trips. It also comes with roadside assistance.
Old 8th December 2020, 22:03   #7908
BHPian

I am planning to get a roof rail installed on my w11(o) - trying to decide between Mahindra integrated roof rail (https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...f-carrier.html) vs Roufrails (http://www.roufrails.in/mahindra-xuv...arrier-latest/)

I would really appreciate a bit of feedback on these rails - thanks!
Old 9th December 2020, 08:30   #7909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
I am planning to get a roof rail installed on my w11(o) - trying to decide between Mahindra integrated roof rail (https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...f-carrier.html) vs Roufrails (http://www.roufrails.in/mahindra-xuv...arrier-latest/)

I would really appreciate a bit of feedback on these rails - thanks!
The XUV default roof rails are excellent, robustly built.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 16:13   #7910
BHPian

My XUV is now more than 6 years old. So far have always been servicing it in the Authorised Service Centre. The last service was done in July 2019 and till Corona locked all of us home I could only drive it around 4K Kms after the service. Currently the ODO is around 45K. I am planning to go for a normal service including engine oil change, keeping in mind it has been 1.5 years since the oils were changed. Since I have not done servicing outside ASC, I have no idea how much cost difference would make if I get it done somewhere like a BOSCH service center ? Any word of advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Old 10th January 2021, 18:33   #7911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
My XUV is now more than 6 years old. So far have always been servicing it in the Authorised Service Centre. The last service was done in July 2019 and till Corona locked all of us home I could only drive it around 4K Kms after the service.
No oil regardless of mineral or fully synthetic will last well when left in the sump for over a year

Do the 50k service plus oil change at a Mahindra dealer itself, it is quite cheap if you stick to what the manual recommends. Then get the tires balanced ans aligned at a good tyre store.
Old 10th January 2021, 19:59   #7912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
My XUV is now more than 6 years old. So far have always been servicing it in the Authorised Service Centre. The last service was done in July 2019 and till Corona locked all of us home I could only drive it around 4K Kms after the service. Currently the ODO is around 45K.
I was in the same situation and did the 50k service (at 46k) at the authorized service center last month. Costed 6k including oil change, though oil change is not part of 50k service.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:16   #7913
BHPian

Hello Respected BHP-ians,

Premise - I'm in the market in search of a Diesel SUV (or should I say pseudo SUV) which packs some punch and is a good city/highway driver. I'll be the primary/only driver the car 99% of the times and enjoy spirited driving with a heavy right foot. We are a family of three (includes my 2 month old enthusiast) with parents living in the same city. I got a slightly variable budget of 13L-18L and always loved big, butch SUVs instead of sedans/cross-overs. Hence narrowed down my search to the following options (all Manual), variants & OTR prices quoted by the dealers here in HYD:

1. Mahindra XUV500 W7 - INR 17.75L
2. Ford EcoSport Titanium Sports - INR 13.75L
3. Hyundai Venue SX(O) - ~INR 13.5L

Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass & upcoming Tata (so called) Safari are not considered due to capped budget of INR 18L OTR. Also, I know Venue & EcoSport are not big, butch SUVs, but they're shortlisted because they fit the budget well.

I work in a corporate and my average drive would be in the 12-15k KMs/year. I almost made up my mind to book the XUV500 with a promised delivery by 1st week of Feb 2021. Considering the Scorpio & XUV500 newer generations currently in testing phase, I know it is only sane to wait, but I need a vehicle by early Feb 2021 and hence this decision.

Please let me know:
1. If XUV500 will be a right buy at this time
2. Is INR 17.75L is a good deal for the W7 Manual variant in HYD
3. If I should source insurance from outside as the showroom insurance is costing me a whopping ~INR 1L

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some valuable suggestions.

Last edited by TwistOfFate! : 19th January 2021 at 23:16. Reason: Punctuation errors
Old 21st January 2021, 18:14   #7914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistOfFate! View Post

Please let me know:
1. If XUV500 will be a right buy at this time
2. Is INR 17.75L is a good deal for the W7 Manual variant in HYD
3. If I should source insurance from outside as the showroom insurance is costing me a whopping ~INR 1L

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some valuable suggestions.
Go for it, if you think it is the right choice. Also, there are rumors that both new and existing variants may coexist, not entirely sure though.

Get insurance from outside, you will get it for a much lesser price in the range of 50k or even less. Go for NCB transfer if you have an existing car that you wish to trade/sell, will bring down the premium by several thousands.
subbaramu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:39   #7915
BHPian

Hello All,

Update as of 28 January 2021: Booked an XUV500 W7 Manual Black color from VVC Motors, Kondapur, Hyderabad today for INR 17,71,500 (minus Shield Warranty). I'll purchase the extended warranty at the end of 2 years. Hoping Shield Warranty & Extended Warranty are one and the same. Expected delivery date is first week of Feb 2021.

Looking to install the following accessories (followed by prices quoted by showroom). Please advise if I should go with the showroom or get them fixed from accessory stores outside:

1. Reverse Camera with feed integrated into existing HU - INR 5000
2. Leatherette seat covers - INR 14000
3. W9 model single tone alloy wheels - INR 40000 (10k/alloy)
4. Fog lamps - INR 6000

My personal preference is to get these installed from accessory stores as the prices may be way lesser in comparison to showroom quotation. Please help!!

Fun fact: Incidentally 7 years ago this very day I booked my RE Classic 350 which was delivered the very next day.
TwistOfFate! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 20:03   #7916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistOfFate! View Post

Looking to install the following accessories (followed by prices quoted by showroom). Please advise if I should go with the showroom or get them fixed from accessory stores outside:

1. Reverse Camera with feed integrated into existing HU - INR 5000
2. Leatherette seat covers - INR 14000
3. W9 model single tone alloy wheels - INR 40000 (10k/alloy)
4. Fog lamps - INR 6000

My personal preference is to get these installed from accessory stores as the prices may be way lesser in comparison to showroom quotation. Please help!!
Check out the rates at https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...0.html#/page/3. Ask them to provide them at the same rate. They may add labour costs to it, but you can negotiate.
Old 17th February 2021, 10:11   #7917
BHPian

Hello everyone, I need advice regarding an issue that has been plaguing my XUV5OO for quite some time.

My vehicle has been having multiple episodes of oil leak for more than a year now. The first episode of oil leak occurred in early 2020. There was a small puddle of oil on the floor where the car was parked. We could see oil splattered in the bottom part of the engine room. There was a dip in the oil level, but it was above the minimum level. It was rectified at Eram Motors, Thrissur, where the complaint was said to be a 'Turbo O ring leakage'. A few months later, a second episode of oil leakage occurred. This time, there were few drops of oil on the floor, but because of the earlier issue, we got suspicious and decided to get it checked out and voila! The complaint was diagnosed to be an 'engine front cover packing defect'. The service center guys were quick in diagnosing the issue, although repairing the same took a few days as parts had to be ordered and delivered. The dealership assured us that the complaint will not occur again. The following photos were clicked during this visit. I'm not a technically inclined person and hence am not sure on what exactly to make out from them
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20200706wa0001.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20200902wa0000.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20200902wa0002.jpg

Unfortunately, yet another oil leakage occurred soon after. This time, the complaint was diagnosed to be a 'defective sealant for the engine front cover packing'. They said that this might be due to some ?air bubble that got entrapped when the engine front cover was pasted during the last repair. The dealership repaired it and we had the vehicle back. I am waiting anxiously for the next event of an oil leak. It seems that both me and the dealership don't have a clue on what causes the repeated oil leak events, although they have promised that the issue is highly unlikely to repeat again. But I have my doubts as that's what they said every time. Are there any other owners here who face a similar issue?

Now, the funny thing is, a detailed report of the work carried out has never been given to me. When asked about it, the service staff says that details of work carried out under warranty is entered into a Mahindra portal and those cannot be divulged to the owner, as per Mahindra's policy. I fail to see the logic of denying details of work carried out on my vehicle. The details mentioned above were communicated to me verbally by the service advisor. I was advised to check 'With You Hamesha (WYH)' app for more details. But sadly, the WYH shows only a 'running repair' title with no other details. If it indeed is Mahindra's policy to not reveal the nature of repair work done under warranty to the vehicle owner, it paints a rather unpleasant picture of non transparency between the manufacturer and the owner who bet his own money on the good will of the company. Doesn't it? Is it really the case? Aren't manufacturers supposed to share the details of the work carried out in a vehicle to the owner, whether it is under warranty or not?

The car is running fine now although I am doubting another oil leak as a few drops were present 2 days back. I'm wondering whether it was due to the oil that got collected in the underbody plastic cover getting dislodged by water from car wash. It hasn't occurred since then.

I have already shot an email to Mahindra stating my troubles regarding the issue as well as the lack of provision of repair work details. What else can I do?

EDIT : The regional customer care head called me up just now and assured a prompt redressal. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 17th February 2021 at 10:26.
Old 15th March 2021, 15:28   #7918
BHPian

Hello Friends,

One query from my friend who owns 2014 variant. While he love the original Cheetah looks, he wants to replace his XUV's headlights with ones on the current generation (2018) as he liked those DRLs. Is it possible ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 6th May 2021, 19:49   #7919
BHPian

Guys, I have bought myself a 2012 pre-worshipped XUV500, W8 and wish to install reverse camera.

Will the aftermarket reverse camera works fine or I have to get it from m2all website only?

Any links would help me.

KK
Old 6th May 2021, 20:06   #7920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Guys, I have bought myself a 2012 pre-worshipped XUV500, W8 and wish to install reverse camera.

Will the aftermarket reverse camera works fine or I have to get it from m2all
Any reverse camera will do. However it needs to be enabled in the ECU and you need the Mahindra specific scanner tool for it, any dealer will do that for you.

It may be easier for you to get the standard mahindra accessory camera unless you have some model (they're all generic Chinese made anyway) that you feel is far better quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks