Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 17:53   #7681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaKo View Post
I did my test drive of the XUV 500 AT today morning and the ONLY thing glaringly deterring has been the seat covers which would get soiled and would be impossible to maintain.

Yes its difficult to maintain, But usually cleaning it as soon as something drops cleans it off, Offcourse depends on what item has dropped, Though i would still rate the seat covers easier to maintain than the ones in my Jetta.

I would advice you to ignore putting any seat covers.
Old 12th April 2016, 04:49   #7682

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

For some reason, I'm getting extremely nervous typing my first query on Team BHP. Been living a vicarious existence for the past few months going through almost all the posts here more than once. After flitting around with XUV500, Pajero Sports (albeit used), Scross 1.6 and even a Baleno, I'm back to the XUV 500 and have shortlisted the XUV500 AWD. Yesterday when I visited the dealership they even told me that they have stock ready and once payments are done, it should be a matter of 5-7 days for me to get behind the wheels. They even threw in som nice sweeteners.
Well, after the initial euphoria of thanking stars and kissing ground routine over, I was getting mildly apprehensive whether the dealer is trying to 'pawn off' a rejected vehicle. Can anyone please throw some light here. Should I be wary here or its just the butterflies? Should I go ahead with the booking?
Old 12th April 2016, 05:06   #7683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenair View Post
For some reason, I'm getting extremely nervous typing my first query on Team BHP. Been living a vicarious existence for the past few months going through almost all the posts here more than once. After flitting around with XUV500, Pajero Sports (albeit used), Scross 1.6 and even a Baleno, I'm back to the XUV 500 and have shortlisted the XUV500 AWD. Yesterday when I visited the dealership they even told me that they have stock ready and once payments are done, it should be a matter of 5-7 days for me to get behind the wheels. They even threw in som nice sweeteners.
Well, after the initial euphoria of thanking stars and kissing ground routine over, I was getting mildly apprehensive whether the dealer is trying to 'pawn off' a rejected vehicle. Can anyone please throw some light here. Should I be wary here or its just the butterflies? Should I go ahead with the booking?
Xuv500 AWD is in very high demand at the moment, my friend has booked one on March 10th and still waiting to get the shipment information. Even though he was offered couple of alternate colours during this month's time, they were gone before he even confirmed.

My suggestion is to give your offered vehicle a pass as you do not know of the history, and do a fresh booking and wait, or get the VIN number decoded and know when it is being manufactured and do a thorough PDI before deciding whether to take it or not.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 13:44   #7684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Xuv500 AWD is in very high demand at the moment, my friend has booked one on March 10th and still waiting to get the shipment information. Even though he was offered couple of alternate colours during this month's time, they were gone before he even confirmed.
It is??? When I booked my AWD in Feb, one dealer in Bangalore kept dissuading me, saying that it will take a long time to deliver the vehicle, no one buys AWD etc. I booked through another dealer, and it took 4 weeks to get my vehicle, as it was made to order. FWDs were available within a week of booking.

Cheers
Ajay
Old 12th April 2016, 16:50   #7685

Thanks Rishi. Checked VIN. It is Mar 2016. Also the dealer version is they normally book a few cars esp due to year end, Gudi Padwa et al.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:20   #7686
BHPian

One easy method I just found out.
There are these little stickers on the ORVM's that carry the vehicle's VIN number and exact date and time the mirrors were attached at the factory. This will approximate the day the car was built.
For eg. my XUV's date reads 3/12/2016. Probably m/dd/yyyy since it says 2016.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 20:14   #7687

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
One easy method I just found out.
There are these little stickers on the ORVM's that carry the vehicle's VIN number and exact date and time the mirrors were attached at the factory. This will approximate the day the car was built.
For eg. my XUV's date reads 3/12/2016. Probably m/dd/yyyy since it says 2016.
That's new info. Will take a look and confirm during PDI.
That also means I just took the 2.0 million plunge!
Old 12th April 2016, 21:09   #7688
BHPian

This is the sticker I mean. It's on the RHS ORVM mount. Thinking about it now, it is more likely to be the factory PDI sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20160412_204603_1-large.jpg  

Old 12th April 2016, 22:35   #7689

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
This is the sticker I mean. It's on the RHS ORVM mount. Thinking about it now, it is more likely to be the factory PDI sticker.
I'm told I will get a PDI on Friday. Will keep this in mind. Checked through the pics of the 'purple monster'. Looks really cool and this colour was in my consideration too. But they had a white AWD which I felt was not a bad compromise. Though my wife now hates my fetish fof white cars. (All my cars are/were white)

Hope you are enjoying the drive.
Old 13th April 2016, 17:37   #7690
Distinguished - BHPian

^ pilliainp mentioned the easiest way to get manufacturing date for XUV. I too guess it's the factory check date. In my case month mentioned in that sticker and that in VIN was same.
Old 14th April 2016, 08:31   #7691
BHPian

My W6 purchased in October 2015 has started showing signs of niggles already. The Infotainment system visual doesnot fill the entire screen and appx 1-1.5 inch from left is blank black. Also, the clock time is not getting reset even after multiple trials. It has mind of its own. Solution anyone?
Old 14th April 2016, 12:11   #7692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
My W6 purchased in October 2015 has started showing signs of niggles already. The Infotainment system visual doesnot fill the entire screen and appx 1-1.5 inch from left is blank black. Also, the clock time is not getting reset even after multiple trials. It has mind of its own. Solution anyone?
If these are part of standard equipment dealer will replace/repair the same free of cost. Why don't you take it to the workshop and get the same corrected.
Old 23rd April 2016, 14:32   #7693
BHPian

Last Sunday was returning from Hyderabad to Bangalore, after 30 KM the check engine lamp came on and the max speed was 100/110 at 3000 RPM
The Turbo had stopped working. After another 300 KM after a 30 min stop where I had switched off the car, the warning lamp was off and pick up was normal. I had sent the car to ASC on Monday. They replaced the turbo under warranty. My car is of Nov 2013 and done 34560km.
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:32   #7694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Last Sunday was returning from Hyderabad to Bangalore, after 30 KM the check engine lamp came on and the max speed was 100/110 at 3000 RPM
The Turbo had stopped working. After another 300 KM after a 30 min stop where I had switched off the car, the warning lamp was off and pick up was normal. I had sent the car to ASC on Monday. They replaced the turbo under warranty. My car is of Nov 2013 and done 34560km.
XUV 500 is no doubt a value for money car with all the bells and whistles but stories like yours makes me wonder whether xuv 500 will be a suitable upgrade for our 2009 Chevy Tavera which is totally bare bones and is in touchwood condition.
Old 26th April 2016, 17:09   #7695

Hello folks. Due to a minor accident, I had to give my XUV500 (done 16.5K kms in 18months) to the service station and the SA advised me to get the 3rd (20k kms) free servicing also done, which is overdue as per the no. of months. The estimate they (Infinity Autolinks, Mumbai) have provided is 19K + tax. This seems to be really high. I am attaching a copy of the same here.

Can one of the experts tell me whether they are right to charge for "cleaning" of the parts in the free service? Aren't they supposed to only charge for consumables?

Does this look ok or am I being taken for a ride?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_4774.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks