Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2016, 23:58   #7666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Insurance in that price list that I have been given is 73K. So I'll have to be cautious when I deal.
I was too given a quote of 65k for the normal policy and 75k for the zero depreciation. Day light robbery, Get it from outside at around 36-38k for the zero depreciation.
Old 25th January 2016, 01:40   #7667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Another thing to worry, which might be unnecessary but still troubling me is: Will they treat me and my car properly if I do not get it insured from them? They might not do the PDI properly and bring unnecessary hassles to me. I will have a chat for sure with the executive, but if I see he is not happy with my thoughts, then better to go to another dealer and check what they can offer.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I was too given a quote of 65k for the normal policy and 75k for the zero depreciation. Day light robbery, Get it from outside at around 36-38k for the zero depreciation.
Insurance rates from dealership is the oldest trick they employ to make extra bucks. I had similar issue during my purchase though the difference wasnt as huge. If I recall correctly I got bumper-bumper coverage for about 36K and dealer was asking for about 42-43K. Eventually he agreed to come down to 36K but I had already got it from outside. Dont worry about preferential treatment etc. Most dealerships are not that dumb I would say. Mahindra customer service is quite prompt to address such issues if you come across.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 08:06   #7668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I'd urge you to check with VVC Motors, Kondapur rather than the one you went to. Contact Mr. Mohan Das at VVC in Kondapur. Very helpful guy and a flower of Team-BHP.

Hi Anurag, Yes, I was at VVC Motors, Kondapur and the executive was Mr. Venkateshwar. I will try to check if I can have a discussion with Mr. Mohan Das as you mentioned.

I gave back to back TDs of a XUV 500 followed by a Scorpio but had to reject the Scorpio after experiencing the XUV. Scorpio owners, please pardon me, no intentions to hurt you at all. This was my first driving experience for both the cars and the difference I felt in terms of driveability was outright. For XUV, it did not feel like a diesel car at all. Due to the monocoque built, body roll was minimum which was visible while crossing the humps. Middle row lateral movement was restricted and I felt more like in a car rather than a boat.

My office is in Punjagutta, and a Mahindra Showroom (Automotive Manufacturer) seems to be nearby (I have joined recently from Pune to Hyderabad). I will let you know how it goes with the deal once I get some time this week to visit them.

Thanks,
Old 26th January 2016, 09:29   #7669
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anurag, Yes, I was at VVC Motors, Kondapur and the executive was Mr. Venkateshwar. I will try to check if I can have a discussion with Mr. Mohan Das as you mentioned.

I gave back to back TDs of a XUV 500 followed by a Scorpio but had to reject the Scorpio after experiencing the XUV. Scorpio owners, please pardon me, no intentions to hurt you at all. This was my first driving experience for both the cars and the difference I felt in terms of driveability was outright. For XUV, it did not feel like a diesel car at all. Due to the monocoque built, body roll was minimum which was visible while crossing the humps. Middle row lateral movement was restricted and I felt more like in a car rather than a boat.

My office is in Punjagutta, and a Mahindra Showroom (Automotive Manufacturer) seems to be nearby (I have joined recently from Pune to Hyderabad). I will let you know how it goes with the deal once I get some time this week to visit them.

Thanks,
XUV and Scorpio are totally different vehicles. You cant compare both.
What you can do is compare different dealerships. Pitch them in a bidding war. Show the different quotes you have from other dealerships to each other. So they will understand you are a serious buyer and have many options. Try planning your purchase in March and the sales guys will be falling over each other to close the deal to met year end targets.

The jacked up insurance cost is a stupid trick being used by all Mahindra dealers and approved by the manufacturer. Just to give discount and show themselves as good guys. Just say you want to take insurance outside and they will automatically reduce the insurance cost. If the sales executive refuses saying insurance has to be taken with the dealership only, escalate it to the manager. (In Toyota and Honda, I had to escalate this to the top management at the company and then the dealership came on line)
As for cheapest insurance, go to your nearest Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, get a quote for insurance from them. (They usually give insurance only for the people who take car loan from their bank). They have from national insurance and dont take commissions, pass on the benefits to us.
Enjoy
Regards
Bala
balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 00:34   #7670
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fellow Bhpians,

Today I went to VVC Motors, Kothaguda, Hyderabad and gave a test drive of a W10 XUV 500.

Thanks,
Hi livetodrive,

When are you contemplating of purchasing the vehicle. One question I had was how many dealerships do we have in Hyderabad which serves M&M vehicles, the reason I'm asking this is Carwale and Google showed only 1 VVC Motors dealer in Hyderabad at Kondapur but now after reading your post I can assume that there is one more VVC Motors in Kothaguda. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
Rohit
Old 27th January 2016, 08:12   #7671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Hi livetodrive,

but now after reading your post I can assume that there is one more VVC Motors in Kothaguda. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
Rohit
Hi Rohit,

If you go to XUV500 site and search for a dealer at Hyderabad, you will find it is listing three showrooms from two dealers:

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/buyers...=dealerlocator

In this site VVC Motors address is given as Kothaguda, which is correct since it is exactly on Kothaguda junction. Kondapur is the next signal from Kothguda while coming from ORR. I don't think there is another showroom in such a short distance.

Thanks,
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 09:39   #7672
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rohit,

If you go to XUV500 site and search for a dealer at Hyderabad, you will find it is listing three showrooms from two dealers:
Hi livetodrive,

So I got confused between Kondapur & Kothaguda. Anyways totally we have 4 dealers in Hyderabad & RR. I am planning of purchasing the vehicle in the month of June, also waiting for Hexa to launch. If I may ask, what is your time frame of purchasing the vehicle. I will ask my father to get the price quotes from all these dealers and then we will take it from there.

Also starting April 1st, with the implementation of GST for automotive vehicles the OTR price should be coming down according to my assumption.
Old 31st January 2016, 17:19   #7673
BHPian

Kayak carrier for the XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Try roufrails from coimbatore
Once you fix your kayak send me the pictures so that I can do that with my sprint kayak which is very fragile and 18 feet long
Hi Bala & Others who may be interested - here's the update.

I started with the roof attachments from Ajanta made for the XUV500. The local dealer in Bangalore was willing to sell just the four feet for Rs1200. I had them cut, re-welded to reduce the height, and reinforced for additional strength. This job was done by a very capable welder in Basavanagudi. I paid him Rs 2500 for the whole job including modifications to the Thule aero bar and making the clamps to attach the Thule aero bar to the Ajanta fitting.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-ajanta-fitting-2.jpg

The Thule aero bar sits quite low now, allowing me to enter car parks easily even after fitting the kayak cradles.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-low-profile.jpg

I had Thule kayak cradles from my earlier car, and used them here. The Thule dealer in Bangalore has the J-type kayak cradles which can be folded when not in use.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-thule-aero-bar-kayak-cradles.jpg

And here's the Epic surfski mounted on top, ready to go as soon as I strap the rear cradles and attach the warning flag and light at the rudder.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-end-result.jpg

Hope you can do something similar for your K1 too. Please let me know if you need the contact details of the Ajanta dealer and the welder.

Cheers, Anand
arao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 22:16   #7674
BHPian

Quote:
Hi livetodrive,

If I may ask, what is your time frame of purchasing the vehicle. I will ask my father to get the price quotes from all these dealers and then we will take it from there.
Hi Rohit,

After visiting VVC Motors, Kothaguda, I had a discussion with Automotive Manufacturers in Punjagutta too. They also quoted a high insurance but ready to give me some discounts. I can see that I can do the insurance outside but I would need some time to close the deal and all.

If I go for the giant, I would need some time, like I am planning for end of the year. By that time, if I seriously need to buy a car, I might have to settle down to something else.

Thanks,
Old 1st February 2016, 01:10   #7675
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rohit,

After visiting VVC Motors, Kothaguda, I had a discussion with Automotive Manufacturers in Punjagutta too.
Hi,

Which one among the 4 dealers in Hyderabad do you feel is the best one for purchasing the beast. My parents had a great customer experience at VVC Motors, will tell them to check out the remaining Automotive dealers.

Thanks,
Rohit
Old 1st February 2016, 03:17   #7676
BANNED

Quote:
My parents had a great customer experience at VVC Motors,
Which branch of VVC Motors did you go to and are referring to?
Old 1st February 2016, 10:49   #7677
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Which one among the 4 dealers in Hyderabad do you feel is the best one for purchasing the beast. My parents had a great customer experience at VVC Motors, will tell them to check out the remaining Automotive dealers.

Thanks,
Rohit
Hi Rohit,

I have visited two showrooms, VVC Kothaguda and Automotive Punjagutta. At Automotive, I only went to collect a price list and see whether they are ready to negotiate. I was there for only 10 mins and found the on road price of Automotive is higher than VVC because they are not ready to negotiate the handling charges (around 7K) which VVC had dropped on little negotiation.

At VVC, on a weekend, they arranged me TDs for a XUV W10, and a Scorpio. They arranged a TUV300 too but I dropped the car from my wishlist. All over my experience with VVC was quite good. They engaged a representative who was with me for the full day on a busy weekend.

Thanks,
Old 29th February 2016, 20:39   #7678
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a XUV 500, Silver in color which had New Age XUV's headlamps! So indeed its possible to get the headlamp's swapped from the New age XUV to the old one.

I am 100% Sure it was the previous generation XUV with the New Age Headlamps, Could not click a picture since i was driving.
Old 29th February 2016, 23:24   #7679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Spotted a XUV 500, Silver in color which had New Age XUV's headlamps! So indeed its possible to get the headlamp's swapped from the New age XUV to the old one.

I am 100% Sure it was the previous generation XUV with the New Age Headlamps, Could not click a picture since i was driving.
Ya I think that's a straight fit. I don't feel its worth until and unless there is a need to change both the headlights.

If I wanted a feature of new age Xuv in my old W6 then it would be the infotainment system of W8. If anyone has enquired about it or has done it, because when I enquired about it in ASC they said its not possible, but I feel it is possible.

If someone can throw some light over it.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:49   #7680
BHPian

I did my test drive of the XUV 500 AT today morning and the ONLY thing glaringly deterring has been the seat covers which would get soiled and would be impossible to maintain.

Has anyone tried custom seat covers over the stock seats ? How is the seat cover commissioned with the SRS on the front seats ?

Is there anyone in Bangalore who can do the custom seat cover for such a setup ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks