Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 11:25   #7381

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

This is my first post on Team-BHP and I am feeling privileged to be part of this awesome community.I got my XUV-W6 black previous edition on 29th May and must say that I am totally enjoying driving this beast. However a little dampener was the fact that yesterday the beast had to go to the workshop as the left side illuminated scuff plate lights stopped working and also the door ajar indication was on even with all doors and boot locked. Just got my beast back today and looking forward to some niggle free riding in the coming months.

In God we trust and Drive we must!
anks123us is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:33   #7382
BHPian

I loved the punch line too and wanted to complement him for that but withheld as it didn't add any value to the thread and might have irked the moderators .
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:50   #7383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
What I am referring to is not due to hill hold. What I noticed was that at sharp incline once you start releasing the clutch the hill hold would be released, after that as you gain momentum on half clutch, thats when the shudder or vibration was felt. Not sure if its normal or specific to my vehicle. I have noticed it in mild form when I am trying to go over a bump in my office parking from stand still as well.
Even I have felt a similar shudder/vibration, when I move the car in 1st gear and sometimes in 2nd gear after negotiating a road hump and the rpm was somewhere around 2000 mark. Not sure if its a issue or normal behavior.
Old 4th June 2015, 19:32   #7384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even I have felt a similar shudder/vibration, when I move the car in 1st gear and sometimes in 2nd gear after negotiating a road hump and the rpm was somewhere around 2000 mark. Not sure if its a issue or normal behavior.

In my W4 and my friends W4 too the same problem is observed. A gradual release in 1st and / or 2nd gear and often a very conscious effort is needed to avoid it. I hope this is not something related to clutch. I am planning to take the vehicle to the ASS for a checkup.
Old 4th June 2015, 21:19   #7385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
In my W4 and my friends W4 too the same problem is observed. A gradual release in 1st and / or 2nd gear and often a very conscious effort is needed to avoid it. I hope this is not something related to clutch. I am planning to take the vehicle to the ASS for a checkup.
I faced the same issue in early days of driving my XUV. In fact its not an issue, I just changed my driving habits and I got rid of it.

For 1st and 2nd gear I depress the clutch very slowly, and press accelerator equally. When the car speed drops to 10kmph, I drive it in 2nd gear and don't engage 1st gear. But while starting from standstill I engage 2nd gear on 20kmph.

Hope this helps.
rahul_kej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 22:01   #7386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I faced the same issue in early days of driving my XUV. In fact its not an issue, I just changed my driving habits and I got rid of it.

For 1st and 2nd gear I depress the clutch very slowly, and press accelerator equally. When the car speed drops to 10kmph, I drive it in 2nd gear and don't engage 1st gear. But while starting from standstill I engage 2nd gear on 20kmph.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Rahul this should help, because even I depress the clutch very slowly to avoid this problem. But somewhere I feel I am compromising on the fuel economy if I continue to do so due to long press of the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Press 'Menu' button on the central panel and select 'Home'.
Sir I tried doing this by clicking on Menu and Home, but still the navigation works and the directions are told by the lady. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by fusionbang : 4th June 2015 at 22:17.
Old 5th June 2015, 00:53   #7387
BHPian

Had a query if someone can guide me. W6 is costing 14.5 lacs OTR and does not have alloy wheels. What if I buy a w4 which costs 13 lac here in delhi? I can spend another one lac on the after market features, out of which I do want alloys, fog lamps and a decent dvd player with headrest screens. Can someone tell me the approx cost of these and also what else can I add in that budget and what important features I would still be missing out on?
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 08:04   #7388
J.Ravi

Quote:
I tried doing this by clicking on Menu and Home, but still the navigation works and the directions are told by the lady. Am I missing something here?
Then, try this: on the navigation screen, press Route>Delete this route. After this, your present destination will get deleted and the screen will just show the map without destination. Then, press Menu>Home. Now, that lady won't trouble you!
  (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 08:36   #7389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then, try this: on the navigation screen, press Route>Delete this route. After this, your present destination will get deleted and the screen will just show the map without destination. Then, press Menu>Home. Now, that lady won't trouble you!
Sure sir will try this today and see if the lady stops troubling me. If not I will put a plaster to her mouth (mute her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Had a query if someone can guide me. W6 is costing 14.5 lacs OTR and does not have alloy wheels. What if I buy a w4 which costs 13 lac here in delhi? I can spend another one lac on the after market features, out of which I do want alloys, fog lamps and a decent dvd player with headrest screens. Can someone tell me the approx cost of these and also what else can I add in that budget and what important features I would still be missing out on?
Yes you can always do that, but you would miss out on the cruise control which is one of the best feature IMO during highway runs and ofcourse the static bending lights will be surely missed. Also if you are worried about the looks of the car then you would surely miss the black cladding which I personally like. Hope this helps, Good luck on your hunt😊
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 09:39   #7390
BHPian

Quote:

Sir I tried doing this by clicking on Menu and Home, but still the navigation works and the directions are told by the lady. Am I missing something here?
There is a voice toggle button that looks like a loudspeaker which is shown on the left near the bottom of the screen. Just click on that to silent the lady. Hope this helps.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 09:55   #7391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
There is a voice toggle button that looks like a loudspeaker which is shown on the left near the bottom of the screen. Just click on that to silent the lady. Hope this helps.
Thanks smrtdvl, I was aware how to mute the lady but I was not able to get how to exit navigation. The steps suggested by Ravi sir in the quoted thread has helped me and it works perfectly. Thank you Ravi sir
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 10:41   #7392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
What I am referring to is not due to hill hold. What I noticed was that at sharp incline once you start releasing the clutch the hill hold would be released, after that as you gain momentum on half clutch, thats when the shudder or vibration was felt. Not sure if its normal or specific to my vehicle. I have noticed it in mild form when I am trying to go over a bump in my office parking from stand still as well.
Supertinu : for me it looks like something specific to your vehicle. On mine it works without any noise and it felt normal to me. Lets see whether there is someone else with the same issue.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:07   #7393
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
In under a lac I got DVD (LED HD) 9" headrest screens (AVN which is OE in many cars), JBL Harman speakers and amp and wiring and sound deadening(?), Autoform feather touch skin fit seat covers (the color and feel is 95% like that of the OE ones in the VX, the fit is fantastic), C-Track roof rack, Car Cooler, Garmin GPS (5" display), Rear Park Assist, and a 3M whole body treatment.
Old 8th June 2015, 00:19   #7394
BHPian

I have a XUV5OO W8 FWD variant, i have had it for almost 2 years and the experience has been good mostly. The car has clocked 40k now and at my last visit to the ASC met a fellow XUV owner and found that his cheetah gives him 13.5 to 14 kmpl with tank full to tank full. I have always had a mileage of only 10.5 to 11.7 I initially thought it might be due to my driving style, so I decided to do a thorough mileage check with optimum driving and road conditions and still came up with a mileage only of 11.75.
I have started to doubt if there is anything wrong with my cheetah. I would really appreciate any feed back from fellow Bhpians in this regard.
Old 8th June 2015, 11:19   #7395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
I have a XUV5OO W8 FWD variant, i have had it for almost 2 years and the experience has been good mostly. The car has clocked 40k now and at my last visit to the ASC met a fellow XUV owner and found that his cheetah gives him 13.5 to 14 kmpl with tank full to tank full. I have always had a mileage of only 10.5 to 11.7 I initially thought it might be due to my driving style, so I decided to do a thorough mileage check with optimum driving and road conditions and still came up with a mileage only of 11.75.
I have started to doubt if there is anything wrong with my cheetah. I would really appreciate any feed back from fellow Bhpians in this regard.
MSK, what you get with your XUV is the standard or the norm. What the follow XUV owner reported to you at the ASC is what I would call as the corner case. Dont worry nothing wrong with your car. 90%+ owners would be reporting what you get.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks