Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 12:37   #7111
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
The invoice value is 16.8 lacs on road after free insurance and corp discount. In addition to that I told them not to give me insurance as I am getting better rates outside and it will save me another 6-7K. PLus its as much as you can bargain on accessory freebies . Its march end.

Has the XUV price gone up in excess of 50K in last 6 months ? I had bought mine in Oct 2014 for 16.2 lac on road with free insurance and corp discount.
For W8 you hardly need any accessories. So bargain for cash discount.I am sorry, saw your post late, have you got your car delivered already?
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 14:16   #7112
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I noticed the sticker on the car which mentions the color dosent say opulent purple. It says purple lake soil. And at times I have felt the new purple xuv's felt more metallic compared to my 3 yr old beast. I know age catches up, but still the purple paint looked a little flat to me right from the initial days.

So all purple XUV owners, what does the sticker on your car say. It is located on the right side third row glass exterior. Is it the same for all or have Mahindra changed the purple color for the later batches.

FundaG
funda, M&M calls all XUV colors by 2 names. The brochures specify "Opulent Purple", "Tuscan Red" etc, whereas the vehicles carry stickers with "Purple Lake Soil", "Red road to Mara" etc. Most likely M&M started with names which were Masai Mara inspired and then switched to normal names (may be because some consultants advised against the original names).

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-mahindra-xuv-5oo-colours.jpg

As far as I understand, there is no change in colors. So your purple looking a bit different is most likely a case of aging and sun-damage of the paint. A exterior detailing session should help getting most of the previous glory back.

Last edited by SDP : 30th March 2015 at 14:43.
Old 30th March 2015, 14:51   #7113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
I had bought mine in Oct 2014 for 16.2 lac on road with free insurance and corp discount.
Yes. On road price in Bangalore for XUV is hugging 17 lac, depends on your bargaining skills it will be few grands above or below the 17 lack mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
As far as I understand, there is no change in colors. So your purple looking a bit different is most likely a case of aging and sun-damage of the paint.
The dual naming may be as you said due to a rethink. However, for Tuscan red there is a difference in shade in current and older models.

The older models I guess had non metallic paint, while the current version is metallic. This can be the case in fundagenie Opulent Purple too.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 15:06   #7114
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The dual naming may be as you said due to a rethink. However, for Tuscan red there is a difference in shade in current and older models.

The older models I guess had non metallic paint, while the current version is metallic. This can be the case in fundagenie Opulent Purple too.
Mine is Tuscan Red from 2012 and the paint is very much metallic. Even Opulent Purple is metallic.

Was any color offered in non-metallic? I am not sure.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 15:15   #7115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was any color offered in non-metallic? I am not sure.
Yes. As you mentioned Purple from the start was metallic. However, Tuscan red was earlier either non metallic or atleast the metallic spots in paint was considerably less.

Infact, one of the reason why I was inclined towards Tuscan red while selecting the vehicle was thinking it was still a non - metallic shade (less maintenance cost).

However, when checking a vehicle at the dealer I noticed the metallic shade and on checking with the sales person was informed that apart from initial few months Tuscan red came with metallic shade.

Hence, there can be a chance that even other shades grew more 'metallic' over a period of time.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 16:18   #7116
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
So all purple XUV owners, what does the sticker on your car say.
My Nov 2013-make XUV 500's shade is officially known as Purple Lake Soil. I remember asking the sales executive about the difference in the names of the colour, but he told me that both were the same! What's there in the name, as a famous scholar wrote, "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

Old 30th March 2015, 23:18   #7117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Hence, there can be a chance that even other shades grew more 'metallic' over a period of time.
One possibility is the quality of paint has been improved over time with the increase in prices. Or maybe more layers. Becos for some reason, I always felt the new purple ones a little more metalic purply compared to mine when it was new. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks or I could be

FundaG
Old 31st March 2015, 00:20   #7118
Senior - BHPian

Folks, finally the beast is home and with it concludes my three months of search which just began with a whim since few of my friends bought new cars and I got tempted since my Ikon was more than 10 yrs old. I started with no intentions of buying a SUV which completely changed once i test drove the XUV and since then I just couldnt get myself to like sedans like City, Ciaz, Verna or Rapid. Ofcourse it didnt handle like a car but then it more than enough made up with its features, amazing engine, great space and comfort and butch looks, handling was certainly way better than most SUVs that I knew off. Anyways more details and likes/dislikes in my initial ownership review. For now I have loved every bit of owning it over the last 3 days and 120km of city driving. Posting few pics of the car below. Taken with my phone cam, so not so great quality.

Accessories I got were
  • Side step
  • Rear Guard
  • Rear Camera
  • Side Beading
  • Metal Scuff Plates
  • Front Grill top chrome, it looks real cool

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150327-18.37.361.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150327-18.43.401.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.18.241.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.19.041.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.20.161.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.21.481.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.21.571.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.22.131.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150328-14.23.041.jpg
supertinu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 08:17   #7119
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Folks, finally the beast is home ....
Congratulations !! May you clock a million happy miles on your beast.

Quote:
Accessories I got were
  • Front Grill top chrome, it looks real cool
I have been thinking of getting this one. How much was that for? I am assuming that you got it from Mahindra genuine accessories and not an outside shop. Please do let me know

Last edited by SDP : 31st March 2015 at 08:40.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:42   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
I am assuming that you got it from Mahindra genuine accessories and not an outside shop. Please do let me know
I bought it for 1400 here in Bangalore last month .
tamojoym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:54   #7121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, finally the beast is home
Congratualtions supertinu wishing you happy miles ahead and have a wonderful time with the beast. Expecting your ownership review very soon
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:54   #7122
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamojoym View Post
Thanks buddy. Going by your profile, looks like you also own a red XUV. This particular design of the front grill chrome definitely looks good on lighter colors like silver. Have seen a few examples. Not very sure how it would look on a dark color like the red that I have. Would you be able to share a couple of pics of your XUV with the chrome grill? Thanks in advance. It would help me finalize whether I want to get it done.
Old 31st March 2015, 10:57   #7123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !! May you clock a million happy miles on your beast.

I have been thinking of getting this one. How much was that for? I am assuming that you got it from Mahindra genuine accessories and not an outside shop. Please do let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamojoym View Post
Yes, around the same price for me as well. This is the new design from Mahindra. Apparently earlier one was more wrap around the outline of the entire grill but the new design is just covering the top. It looks the money in my opinion and adds a bit of bling to the front. I am not a big fan of adding too much chrome but this certainly is a welcome addition. My wife was completely sold on it when she saw it on one of the other delivery cars.

Last edited by supertinu : 31st March 2015 at 10:59.
supertinu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 11:11   #7124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Going by your profile, looks like you also own a red XUV. This particular design of the front grill chrome definitely looks good on lighter colors like silver. Have seen a few examples. Not very sure how it would look on a dark color like the red that I have. Would you be able to share a couple of pics of your XUV with the chrome grill? Thanks in advance. It would help me finalize whether I want to get it done.
Well bought it as a gift for my car on its first birthday along with the fog lamp cover .
Here is how it looks on my car
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-p_20150308_115426.jpg  

tamojoym is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 12:07   #7125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, finally the beast is home and with it concludes my three months of search
Sorry missed in my earlier post, was the Xclusive edition considered in your buying process?

What was the OTR on Xclusive edition in Bangalore?
Is it worth to pay the additional amount for those new additions? IMO it is somewhere around 50K extra.

Also I see that Mahindra has removed the Xclusive edition link from it's website. Sold out??

Last edited by fusionbang : 31st March 2015 at 12:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks