Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2014, 20:57   #6346
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A kind request to those, who bought W8 version recently in 2014: could you please be kind enough to check and inform me of the version of the MapMyIndia maps? Mine is version 8.0.
Map version on my June Mfd W8 is v8.1
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 21:07   #6347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Gurudutt, please see comments by @SDP. I assume you donot have the W8, but a lower variant. If you can, then change the entire set up that Mahindra has on the W8. IMO, Modifying the existing head lamp unit to put HID instead of Halogen is not easy / reliable.
Pardon my ignorance here condor, I assumed that the headlamp assembly setup of the W6 & W8 were similar with a combination of projector/halogen for the low beam and reflector setup for the high beam. Isn't that the case? How is it different?
Old 10th August 2014, 21:08   #6348
Senior - BHPian

Finally, got my XUV 5OO W8 serviced at Pathankot at 5500 Kms. Although, a little late on the mileage front but was accepted at the Krishna Autoworld Pathankot. A total bill of Rs 2646/. I refused any additional tasks which they were trying to force upon. However, they charged me Rs 400/- for wheel alignment which I am not sure if they were supposed to charge. Any guidance on that?

There have not been any issue in the vehicle except there is little ghrrrrr... noise while the right side mirror folds/unfolds. The RM declared that it can not be repaired and has been caused by the rains. As per him it would get fine after monsoons.

Overall I would say the service was just satisfactory.
Old 10th August 2014, 21:31   #6349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Pardon my ignorance here condor, I assumed that the headlamp assembly setup of the W6 & W8 were similar with a combination of projector/halogen for the low beam and reflector setup for the high beam. Isn't that the case? How is it different?
Thanks, ViPo. I was under the assumption that the OP had a lower variant & hence may not have projectors. But checking the specs page, all 3 models show the projector.
Old 10th August 2014, 22:50   #6350
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatt View Post
Thank you SDP and XUV 500_BLR for highlighting an issue on which I wanted your advise. I have a black W4, and want to install reverse camera or sensor, whichever makes more sense. As W4 does not have LCD display, is it possible to go for reverse camera, or would I be better off just installing a sensor. Furthermore, there is this Autocop reverse camera being offered at around INR 8k by the Mahindra accessory store at my local dealership. Are Autocop reverse cams good or is there a better brand I should go for.

Without either one of these, it is becoming increasingly difficult to reverse the big machine with peace of mind

I can perfectly understand as I am going thru the same situation as I too have a W4. Initially I thought a sensor would be fine but now I am increasingly feeling that a rear view camera too is required. An IRVM mounted solution having rear view camera, sensor, video playback, USB etc is around 11k. Don't know if this is the right price as I see there are plenty of such things available on
eBay. Not able to decide yet.

Last edited by pgupta : 10th August 2014 at 22:52.
Old 11th August 2014, 09:30   #6351
BHPian

Clutch Hydraulic master cylinder problem at 2.5 years and 50K kms The dealer also insisted to change the clutch and pressure plates which he claimed could not be covered inder warranty inspite of the fact the slip occurred due to failure of the Clutch Master cylinder
Old 11th August 2014, 09:50   #6352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
However, they charged me Rs 400/- for wheel alignment which I am not sure if they were supposed to charge. Any guidance on that?
TaureanBull, Even I was charged a similar amount for this. As per their maintenance schedule check list, it only mentions "INSPECT IF ABNORMAL TYRE WEAR IS NOTICEABLE" under wheel alignment section which I assume is free.
ViPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 10:39   #6353
BHPian

I believe it has been discussed in this thread many times. Yesterday, after 33500Kms, I noticed and was able to fill the fuel tank upto 74.10L. That means the vehicle has +910Kms. range.

Exactly what's the capacity of the tank? Some say 70, 72 etc. Is there any reliable way to find out the same?
Old 11th August 2014, 11:13   #6354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Finally, got my XUV 5OO W8 serviced at Pathankot at 5500 Kms. Although, a little late on the mileage front but was accepted at the Krishna Autoworld Pathankot. A total bill of Rs 2646/. I refused any additional tasks which they were trying to force upon. However, they charged me Rs 400/- for wheel alignment which I am not sure if they were supposed to charge. Any guidance on that?

There have not been any issue in the vehicle except there is little ghrrrrr... noise while the right side mirror folds/unfolds. The RM declared that it can not be repaired and has been caused by the rains. As per him it would get fine after monsoons.

Overall I would say the service was just satisfactory.
I have a Query, as per my understanding first few service are free, so why they are charging you the amount mentioned.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:37   #6355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
I have a Query, as per my understanding first few service are free, so why they are charging you the amount mentioned.
Only labor is free. You need to pay for consumables such as oil, filters etc.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:57   #6356
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skler View Post
Clutch Hydraulic master cylinder problem at 2.5 years and 50K kms The dealer also insisted to change the clutch and pressure plates which he claimed could not be covered inder warranty inspite of the fact the slip occurred due to failure of the Clutch Master cylinder
What was the symptom? Clutch pedal sank and refused to come up?

I genuinely doubt why clutch and pressure plate need replacement. Please question the service center.
Old 11th August 2014, 12:10   #6357
BHPian

yes the clutch pedal sank and also talked with the dealer but he insisted that due to slippage the Clutch and pressure plates have got overheated and that they stand no guarantee if something happens
Old 11th August 2014, 13:43   #6358
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skler View Post
yes the clutch pedal sank and also talked with the dealer but he insisted that due to slippage the Clutch and pressure plates have got overheated and that they stand no guarantee if something happens
Take it up with the customer-care please. I still do not understand their logic. But if it is caused by the sinking pedal, it should be covered unbder warranty.
Old 12th August 2014, 10:51   #6359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Please please please do NOT get HIDs on high-beam as the high-beams on XUV has reflector setup and not projector setup. You would end up blinding the oncoming traffic and causing accidents. If you are hell-bent on HIDs for high-beam as well, please get projectors as well for them, which would need opening the headlight casing (not advisable).

Checked with SA couple of days back about the HID for LB & HB.
For LB we can replace with HID bulbs but for High beam as we need to replace the entire assembly it will void warranty.
so i am thinking about Auxiliary lamps(Hella Rally bulbs) as i am planning for a long drive soon. something similar to the attached pic

Attachment 1271573

Anyone in the Forum has installed these earlier? Does it void warranty?
Please provide any contact of any reliable source for AUX lamp installation in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_4004.jpg  

Last edited by PMK-MoJo : 12th August 2014 at 11:00. Reason: Data missing
Old 12th August 2014, 11:23   #6360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Checked with SA couple of days back about the HID for LB & HB.
For LB we can replace with HID bulbs but for High beam as we need to replace the entire assembly it will void warranty.
Why don't you install Philips relay for your high beam and install bulbs of 100w or higher as required by you. No wire cutting is required. It's 15 min job and kinda plug and play.Trust me at minimal cost there is huge difference.

And for your low beam you can get HID bulbs installed. This two setups will be more than sufficient for you.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks