Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2013, 12:30   #5041
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I had booked xuv w8 at swami auto chandigarh on 8 oct.
The expected date of delivery was 18th but the it got delayed due to certain reasons and when I was told to take delivery on 24th I was out of station.
My preferred color was silver or dolphin gray.
By the time I came back all the cards are sold. Now the next consignment ll take another 10 days or there s an option to opt for purple color xuv that's available. I liked the car colour but what bothers me is its high mantainence. Any suggestions..
Old 29th October 2013, 13:03   #5042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I had booked xuv w8 at swami auto chandigarh on 8 oct.
The expected date of delivery was 18th but the it got delayed due to certain reasons and when I was told to take delivery on 24th I was out of station.
My preferred color was silver or dolphin gray.
By the time I came back all the cards are sold. Now the next consignment ll take another 10 days or there s an option to opt for purple color xuv that's available. I liked the car colour but what bothers me is its high mantainence. Any suggestions..
That way, maintenance is needed for every color. Only the magnitude differs. And wouldn't you take care of the car for which you have paid such an amount. Once you own the color, you automatically start taking care of it. I usually spend an hour or two once every two months to give my car a wax treatment and she shines like new for another two months. This way I have been able to keep her looking like a new for more than two years now.

The purple color is available only in W8 variant and is one of the most preferred color by auto enthusiast as per my sales manager. It looks rally good on XUV and also shines like a 'Black Beauty' in the night giving you that classy feel when you arrive at a party, function etc. These are things I considered while going for Purple XUV.

I was confused between white and purple. But finalized Purple for its classy look. Also, maroon interior goes well with the purple color. Think about it and make a choice. Taking out some time ( Maintenance ) once in a while for your baby is not a deal braking thing may it be any color.

All The Best!!
sbr_yash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 13:06   #5043
BHPian

@manasmadaan, congrats on your booking.
Vehicle color is a personal choice and the prospective is the best person to decide. On maintaining dark colored cars, yes it's quite heavy. Black, Red, Purple all fall under the category. White, Silver, Grey can take a little bit of abuse without showing up. While the dark ones can't.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 21:32   #5044
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs. I have decided to go for the purple color as more waiting is proving to be difficult. Will be getting my car probably day after tomorrow. Excited to say the least
Old 29th October 2013, 22:38   #5045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
@J.Ravi, there aren't many artic blue cheetah's roaming on Chennai streets and you'll probably figure in the TBHP sticker sighting thread, even with out the stickers.
I own an artic blue and from Chennai
But not sure what you meant by sticker sighting thread. Could you please elaborate?
Old 30th October 2013, 03:43   #5046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
I own an artic blue and from Chennai
But not sure what you meant by sticker sighting thread. Could you please elaborate?
This is thread he's talking bout. People post pics here whenever they find cars with Tbhp stickers on them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html
Old 30th October 2013, 17:53   #5047
Senior - BHPian

ACI have test driven the updated XUV500 & here is the link to their review report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-362326.aspx

Sort of mixed verdict, nonetheless pointing out the best from M&M & its VFM proposition.
Old 31st October 2013, 12:35   #5048
BHPian

Hi All,

Attached is the accessories price list shared by NBS Dealer, Mumbai.
Thinking of reverse parking camera, body side molding, scuff plates for now.
I have already taken 3M paint protection annual plan which covers my new vehicle as well.

By the way, the vehicle that has been allotted to me is OCT manufactured and has Appollo Hawks tires on it.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ACCESSORIES_PRICE_LIST XUV 500.xlsx (36.0 KB, 1094 views)
sbr_yash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 23:08   #5049
BHPian

Finally got delivery of XUV 500 W8 opulent purple. Drove it from chandigarh to amritsar. Everything worked fine: the brakes, clutch, AC, electronics. Was a comfortable ride all in all. Was not able to use all the electronics though. The detailed report will follow soon.
manasmadaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 07:40   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Finally got delivery of XUV 500 W8 opulent purple. Drove it from chandigarh to amritsar. Everything worked fine: the brakes, clutch, AC, electronics. Was a comfortable ride all in all. Was not able to use all the electronics though. The detailed report will follow soon.
Congratulations! And another purple XUV is added to the forum
Old 1st November 2013, 14:41   #5051
J.Ravi

I had the second and the third test-drive yesterday and today respectively. I liked the micro-hybrid technology that automatically puts the engine in standby mode 2.5 seconds after stopping in neutral without pressing the clutch pedal. XUV5OO roars back if I pressed the clutch pedal again! This feature is a boon in city signalized junctions that saves the precious fuel. Contrary to popular beliefs, XUV5OO's width [1890 mm] is less than that of my Linea [1946 mm]. Reuben, XUV5OO Experience Executive of India Garage, managed to take a U turn in our 24' wide narrow street! My daughter liked Opulent Purple. So, I may go in for that colour.
  (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 15:25   #5052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I had the second and the third test-drive yesterday and today respectively. I liked the micro-hybrid technology that automatically puts the engine in standby mode 2.5 seconds after stopping in neutral without pressing the clutch pedal. XUV5OO roars back if I pressed the clutch pedal again! This feature is a boon in city signalized junctions that saves the precious fuel. Contrary to popular beliefs, XUV5OO's width [1890 mm] is less than that of my Linea [1946 mm]. Reuben, XUV5OO Experience Executive of India Garage, managed to take a U turn in our 24' wide narrow street! My daughter liked Opulent Purple. So, I may go in for that colour.
Congrats on finalising the vehicle....

FYI, the micro hybrid in action, also means that the AC compressor is switched off after 2.5 seconds when the engine is in standby mode & only fan is working. Can be bothersome in hot & humid conditions.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 15:32   #5053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Congrats on finalising the vehicle.... FYI, the micro hybrid in action, also means that the AC compressor is switched off after 2.5 seconds when the engine is in standby mode & only fan is working. Can be bothersome in hot & humid conditions.
Yes the feature is pretty useless in summers.
Old 1st November 2013, 15:52   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Photos of sunroof installations (in Delhi) shared by a friend Shameem Ahamed:
SDP any idea on the prices?

Last edited by AGwagon : 1st November 2013 at 15:53. Reason: quote wasnt working
Old 1st November 2013, 17:19   #5055
BHPian

Even I feel so excited to have a sunroof on my XUV. However, I feel there is a large difference in the factory fitted-sunroof and the after market one. Initially, the after market sunroof may feel good and exciting. But some years down the line it does start showing up its real picture. Sometimes, it even starts looking ugly and may start giving troubles. Even a skoda laura of my friend had been giving him troubles with the sunroof. That's why I m scared to put one on my baby. Also, to my knowledge this is irreversible change / modification.

This is purely my opinion and comments are appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks