Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 18:05   #4861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
OK here is the deal. I think news is out on price hike speculatively and hence I am going ahead with this machine. However, I am still not sure on variant especially because I want save those 2l difference between w6 and w8. (My earliet budget was 10l when I had started hunting).
I will be really grateful if some one clatifies in below doubts ( I know some may be subjective... but still)
1- interior in w6 ( all test drive vehicle were w8) I haven't seen a w6 insides.
2- alloy options/ current wheel cover - how is the wheel cover , are there decent alloy options available?
3- ESP utility and GPS usage. As I have fully data enabled good GPS on my galaxy s3...can't I do without onboard GPS?
Thanks
1. Price hike is almost confirmed from the next month.
2. Interiors of W6 & W8 are almost the same except for the leather seats.
3. Mahindra OEM alloys are decent, the dealers in Mumbai are offering for Rs. 35500 for a set of 5
4. ESP is good to have but not mandatory
5. GPS again good to have, but I use google maps on my BB which are good enough.

After long research I have ruled out the W8 as I can live with a W6 with all the things which are additional except for the Alloys & Seat covers which gives a kool saving of about 1.25 lacs over the W8.

I am still holding on as I want to see the Terrano before I commit.
Old 27th September 2013, 18:57   #4862
BANNED

Quote:
OK here is the deal. I think news is out on price hike speculatively and hence I am going ahead with this machine. However, I am still not sure on variant especially because I want save those 2l difference between w6 and w8. (My earliet budget was 10l when I had started hunting). I will be really grateful if some one clatifies in below doubts ( I know some may be subjective... but still) 1- interior in w6 ( all test drive vehicle were w8) I haven't seen a w6 insides. 2- alloy options/ current wheel cover - how is the wheel cover , are there decent alloy options available? 3- ESP utility and GPS usage. As I have fully data enabled good GPS on my galaxy s3...can't I do without onboard GPS? Thanks
ESP Is a life saver in unexpected circumstances.
TPMS is also a useful feature - had given me advance warning in Scorpio of fast air leak which forced me to slow down from 100+ Kms/hr speed
Old 28th September 2013, 00:07   #4863
rlg
BHPian

Sygic India for android is available for free at google play store now. It uses mapmyindia maps, the same one used in XUV. Supports offline navigation unlike google maps.
rlg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 01:23   #4864
BHPian

Will have to get my vehicle before or by 30th now .If i do not get it before 30th , is it a good idea to get the billing done before 1st without even seeing the vehicle ??Help
Old 28th September 2013, 10:14   #4865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As I have fully data enabled good GPS on my galaxy s3...can't I do without onboard GPS?

Thanks
I for one am a staunch believer that it is always good to have a dedicated GPS device on your car. Especially if you travel out long and often.
Here are some reasons as to why:
1) Data enabled GPS always require net connection. Where as, at some corners during your journey, you will more often than not, encounter places with no net or phone coverage
2) Even if you have sygic navigation, it drains off the battery of your phone very fast
3) You dont/ wont always carry the charger of your phone with you, so charging might become a hassle at times.
4) In case you receive a call in between, the navigation app has to be restarted in some softwares/ phones
5) The onboard GPS can be literally used as a database of all your favourite places/ POI etc (also available on sygic); whereas, gmaps is not so benevolent on that part.

Navigation on your phone can so best be reserved as a redundancy rather than the first choice.
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:18   #4866
Senior - BHPian

Visited the XUV manufacturing facility yesterday. It is something that one has to see with his own eyes. Beautiful is what comes out of an engineer's mouth. Clean. Super clean! And the way space has been utilized with the overhead conveyer for the vehicles is very clever. The best part is that both export and domestic XUVs are made on the same line. There is no differentiation between domestic and export quality and processes.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:19   #4867
Distinguished - BHPian

I was in Anant Cars today to test drive Xylo H9 for my friend. After the test drive SA was saying that XUV 500 W4 will be launched within 2 months from now and the on road price will be around 11L to compete with duster/Ecosport. Also, this version will include ABS/Airbag. He was very confident that the on road price will be around 11L. I was not able to believe the pricing part because this is around 3.5L less than W6. Any one else has any information on this?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:25   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Visited the XUV manufacturing facility yesterday. It is something that one has to see with his own eyes. Beautiful is what comes out of an engineer's mouth. Cleans.
That's cool, how did you get the chance to visit the factory? Did you visit all shops?

By the way here is the trailer of XUV500 episode.

Last edited by MaxTorque : 28th September 2013 at 22:29. Reason: Added trailer link.
Old 28th September 2013, 22:33   #4869
Senior - BHPian

Will visit the other lines at chakan the next time I visit. If I have time I'll also try out the vehicle test track at the facility. The quality and processes followed will definitely make anyone a fan of the vehicle and even I'm now tempted to get one.
I should also mention that this line is also very eco friendly with a number of systems in place.
navpreet318 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 23:20   #4870

Its really good to see the company excelling in the manufacturing area but its is imperative that the sales support is equally enhanced (in fact made better than manufacturing) as they are the real touch points to gain market share. Numerous examples can be cited of a good product which failed due to unprofessional dealer networks.

Anyway, I think I did my life's biggest mistake in buying a mahindra product. I am having a terrible experience in buying XUV500 from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai. I had booked the car XUV500 W8 (purple) in August and paid 100% amount (taken through finance) and the car hasn't arrived! NO discounts passed on by the dealer too.

While booking, the Sales Advisor convinced me that by paying 100% amount, the car will be delivered in 10 days...after serious followups and cancellation threats from my side upon not receiving the car, they said the car has arrived and registration is pending.
I am not sure whom to trust as the SA at the time of booking has left the organisation and the new one doesn't know the head or tail. He has started giving excuses of holiday season and RTO being closed. Since last couple of weeks he is asking me to wait for 4-5 working days. Huh...not sure when his 4-5 working days will get over!!!

Wanted to seek advise / suggestion from fellow members if someone has gone through such experience. By the way my EMI's have also started but I still do not have the car.

If this is the treatment while buying, I am really worried about treatment during service period. Just pray they remember the shape of the XUV - a mahindra product!

Please help me in this situation and suggest NEVER trust Autolinks Vikhroli Mahindra dealership! completely unprofessional and pathetic customer service!!!
Old 28th September 2013, 23:23   #4871
BHPian

India Garage, Chennai had arranged an XUV 500 anniversary celebration today at Marry Brown Restarant, Isphani Centre.

They have introduced an unique test drive plan - the customers can have the test drive cars for the whole day and return the car next day. The cars is all yours for a day (of course, at your risk and responsibility).
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 09:47   #4872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameesh555 View Post
Anyway, I think I did my life's biggest mistake in buying a mahindra product. I am having a terrible experience in buying XUV500 from Infinity Autolinks, Vikhroli, Mumbai. I had booked the car XUV500 W8 (purple) in August and paid 100% amount (taken through finance) and the car hasn't arrived! NO discounts passed on by the dealer too.

While booking, the Sales Advisor convinced me that by paying 100% amount, the car will be delivered in 10 days...after serious followups and cancellation threats from my side upon not receiving the car, they said the car has arrived and registration is pending.
I am not sure whom to trust as the SA at the time of booking has left the organisation and the new one doesn't know the head or tail. He has started giving excuses of holiday season and RTO being closed. Since last couple of weeks he is asking me to wait for 4-5 working days. Huh...not sure when his 4-5 working days will get over!!!

Wanted to seek advise / suggestion from fellow members if someone has gone through such experience. By the way my EMI's have also started but I still do not have the car.

If this is the treatment while buying, I am really worried about treatment during service period. Just pray they remember the shape of the XUV - a mahindra product!

Please help me in this situation and suggest NEVER trust Autolinks Vikhroli Mahindra dealership! completely unprofessional and pathetic customer service!!!
Ameesh, I also faced similar issues with my dealer (not Autolink) when I purchased the car a year back. At the point of time I tweeted Mr. Anand Mahindra as well as sent a mail to the customer care. And everything was sorted out in no time. Just for your info
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2864334

Service wise, have to say the experiences I had was mostly way above expectations. There had been some issues once in a while, but with a very helpful Area Manager coupled with the committed customer care, things were always handled professionally to my satisfaction.

FundaG
Old 29th September 2013, 11:19   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameesh555 View Post
It's really a bad pre-purchase experience. But in my opinion, if you would have highlighted it with Mahindra's higher ups, the issue might have got resolved very easily. IMO the root cause of your problem is resignation of the sales consultant. Yes again we can say that there should be a system in place which will work irrespective of individuals. But we all know the reality.

On a related note, JD Power Asia rates Mahindra always above industry average and many other multinational players.
Old 29th September 2013, 11:52   #4874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
In Mumbai they are quoting insurance around 46000 which after discount is Rs. 23000 odd.

I have the on road price from 2 Navi Mumbai dealers at appx. 13,67,000.00 for W6 with alloy wheels, foot step, & seat covers included.
Is the price quoted above is correct ?. Is it 13,67,000 or 14,67,000 ?. One month back I went to Anant motors in bangalore and the onroad price quoted for W6 was ~14,68,000.
Old 29th September 2013, 11:59   #4875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Is the price quoted above is correct ?. Is it 13,67,000 or 14,67,000 ?. One month back I went to Anant motors in bangalore and the onroad price quoted for W6 was ~14,68,000.
Quite likely it is correct. Karnataka road taxes for the same variant are about Rs 1 lakh higher than in Maharashtra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks