SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Found this on FB (XUV Owner's Group):

Name:  XUV mileage run.png
Views: 2388
Size:  336.5 KB

Interesting!
My question is why is this highway-cruiser designed for maximum efficiency at 85kmph speed? Shouldn't it be designed for 100 or 110kmph?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:25   #4757
BHPian

@ SDP : Interesting point. In my opinion constat speed of 85Kmph is good enough

Also, I thought the the mileage always varies in the range 9 to 18, as discussed in earlier posts
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:43   #4758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki;3226995Also, I thought the the mileage always varies in the range [B
9 to 18[/b], as discussed in earlier posts
Same observation here, even i thought it only goes till 18. Is there a new software upgrade or what?
Old 4th September 2013, 08:18   #4759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Interesting!
My question is why is this highway-cruiser designed for maximum efficiency at 85kmph speed? Shouldn't it be designed for 100 or 110kmph?
1) Maximum efficiency can be equated with minimum specific fuel consumption (SFC). SFC means amount of fuel consumed per horsepower. The SFC of XUV could well be minimum around 100 kmph. But only the designers can confirm this.

2) Absolute fuel consumption (kmpl or what we commonly call 'mileage') in any car would normally be best around the lowest speed in its top gear. The reason for this is that power required to propel a car increases not linearly with speed but exponentially. For example, only 30 HP may be required to move a XUV at 60 kmph but 90 HP at 120 kmph.

3) I hope I have been able to explain the difference between best efficiency and best mileage.

4) I too am surprised to see DIS showing a mileage figure greater than 18. Would like to know whether it is a modification in software.
debuda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 08:35   #4760
BHPian

I have driven close to 300 km, under 90kmph on cruise control with little or no traffic and I haven't got beyond 18 kmpl on the infotainment screen. While my tank fill method gave me a count of just under 20kmpl. I was under the impression that the lower display range is 9 kmpl and upper display range is 18 kmpl and anything beyond these values don't show up in the screen. Is this part of the new software update ?
Old 4th September 2013, 08:56   #4761
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Also, I thought the the mileage always varies in the range 9 to 18, as discussed in earlier posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Same observation here, even i thought it only goes till 18. Is there a new software upgrade or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
...4) I too am surprised to see DIS showing a mileage figure greater than 18. Would like to know whether it is a modification in software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
.... I was under the impression that the lower display range is 9 kmpl and upper display range is 18 kmpl and anything beyond these values don't show up in the screen. Is this part of the new software update ?
Looks like there is a newer version of the system software. Might be minor release which should explain why Mahindra's have not bothered to communicate that to existing owners.
Old 4th September 2013, 10:46   #4762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
I have driven close to 300 km, under 90kmph on cruise control with little or no traffic and I haven't got beyond 18 kmpl on the infotainment screen. While my tank fill method gave me a count of just under 20kmpl.
The figure of 21.6 kmpl is the highest that I have heard of on our forum on XUVs. Prior to that the highest reported was around 17+ that I recall. Just now I read Mudhalaipatti reporting just under 20. ARAI certified mileage claimed by M&M is 15.1. The vast majority seem to be reporting around 11-12 in city and around 14 kmpl on highway, on Team BHP.

This person talks about P2 mode and Dieseltronics. Does anybody know what that is?
Old 4th September 2013, 11:03   #4763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post

The figure of 21.6 kmpl is the highest that I have heard of on our forum on XUVs. Prior to that the highest reported was around 17+ that I recall. Just now I read Mudhalaipatti reporting just under 20. ARAI certified mileage claimed by M&M is 15.1. The vast majority seem to be reporting around 11-12 in city and around 14 kmpl on highway, on Team BHP.

This person talks about P2 mode and Dieseltronics. Does anybody know what that is?
Dieseltronics is an plug and play tuning box for cars, which is supposed to decrease the lag and bump up the power and torque figures, we have alot of cars on team bhp with same. And this box has different modes like stock, p1, p2, with different power outputs, p2 being the extreme one, if I am not wrong
sameerg001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 12:27   #4764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Dieseltronics is an plug and play tuning box for cars, which is supposed to decrease the lag and bump up the power and torque figures, we have alot of cars on team bhp with same. And this box has different modes like stock, p1, p2, with different power outputs, p2 being the extreme one, if I am not wrong
Anyone out here who has the tuning box installed for XUV --

- What was the price
- Who was the dealer / brand
- Any issues with the warranty

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 4th September 2013 at 12:36. Reason: Details of car model was missed out.
Old 4th September 2013, 12:43   #4765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

- What was the price

FundaG
I can answer the last one, it's a plug and play device, so you can remove it before making any warranty claim or sending for the service.

Our friendly mod, mobike also have one on cruze, check out his ownership thread.
Old 4th September 2013, 13:36   #4766
BHPian

This is the new engine guard that M&M has added to make the GC to 160mm (The one in silver color). IMO it doesn't make much difference in the way the vehicle handles bad roads.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0141.jpg

And here is my new cheetah

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-500.jpg
vinucv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 14:02   #4767
BHPian

Quote:

- What was the price

FundaG
Here's some info. Apparently it's Made in India. More info on this link:

http://racedynamics.in/where-to-buy

Plus some more discussions here. The product is from a Bangalore based company.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...eltronics.html

Last edited by Heavy Horse : 4th September 2013 at 14:11. Reason: Added more material
Old 4th September 2013, 14:05   #4768
Senior - BHPian

vinucv - congrats on your new XUV. the colour is smashing - presume this is the new one they launched recently - albeit only in the W8 ( I presume ? ). The XUV , I think is quite amenable to a wide array of colours - hence I think M&M should launch more colours right from the W6 version - this is another way of keeping the excitement going
Old 4th September 2013, 14:31   #4769
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
This is the new engine guard that M&M has added to make the GC to 160mm (The one in silver color). IMO it doesn't make much difference in the way the vehicle handles bad roads.

Congratulations! Have fun with your cheetah.

About the silver thing, isn't that the heat-protection for the fuel-tank?

What are those 2 white tubes? Don't remmeber seeing those earlier.
Old 4th September 2013, 17:28   #4770
BHPian

Quote:

- What was the price

FundaG
There are around 15 of us on the FB group who have installed the box. It was bought straight from RaceDynamics Bangalore at a discounted price.
Rossiter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks