Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 10:53   #4426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Here's a new mail for Purple club members. Just an FYI incase you guys missed it.
@nitinralli. Thanks. Sent a SMS, but the response was not positive. Customer care informed that this offer is valid only for vehicles that are more than 14months old and since my vehicle is just under 5 months, it's not qualified.

Thanks anyway for the tip.
Old 6th June 2013, 11:18   #4427
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg View Post
SDP,

I don't recall if I have 4 digit trip meter, but I certainly have a newer version than yours.
Just checked. My MAP and BT S/W Version are not the latest.

What is the manufacture-month for your vehicle?

Last edited by SDP : 6th June 2013 at 11:19.
Old 6th June 2013, 13:27   #4428
rlg
BHPian

My VIN code is Jan'13. My trip meter is 3.1 too.
rlg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 17:44   #4429
BHPian

My W8 was manufactured in April 2013 - the software version is 04.04.00

SDP - thank you for helping me out finding the right switch combination.
Old 6th June 2013, 17:49   #4430
BHPian

I haven't even become a member of the 'Purple Club'. I was told that it's no longer available for XUV and only for Rexton. And I don't have a RM either.
Old 6th June 2013, 18:19   #4431
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I haven't even become a member of the 'Purple Club'. I was told that it's no longer available for XUV and only for Rexton. And I don't have a RM either.
That's bad. Who exactly said that?
Please write to customercare to get a formal understanding.
Old 6th June 2013, 20:04   #4432
BHPian

Continuing my hot & cold relationship with my XUV (like a girlfriend).

Back from a 1200 Kms trip to Palani and native, the vehicle performed flawlessly. It was packed with 8 (2+3+3) passengers and enough luggage for all (luggage was stowed under the leg space and passengers lap ). Everyone was complaining about the lack of luggage space and were asking me to put the roof carrier

Vehicle had no issues in pulling with all the load, felt really planted and zero lag in acceleration, gave it the stick wherever I could. Got a overall mileage of 14 as shown on the infotainment (my infotainment has a variation of about 1 kmpl as verified previously). Tanked up with BP fuel in a reputed bunk in Chennai and another time in a reputed IOC bunk in Trichy. Felt the vehicle was accelerating better with the IOC fuel and NVH was lesser too.

But the vehicle without the sun-film was torturous for the passengers in the 2nd and 3rd row even with the rear A/c running. Outside temp was 40 when it felt really hot inside (inside was set @ 'Low').
anandtheleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 21:34   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
But the vehicle without the sun-film was torturous for the passengers in the 2nd and 3rd row even with the rear A/c running. Outside temp was 40 when it felt really hot inside (inside was set @ 'Low').
Coming to rear AC, do you feel that the middle row AC vents throw very less air compared to the ones in front. 99% of the time i drive alone but whenever i had someone in the back seat in summers, i had those people complaining about lack of air coming out from those vents. Infact yesterday i did cross check and felt the same.
Old 6th June 2013, 21:50   #4434
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Coming to rear AC, do you feel that the middle row AC vents throw very less air compared to the ones in front. 99% of the time i drive alone but whenever i had someone in the back seat in summers, i had those people complaining about lack of air coming out from those vents. Infact yesterday i did cross check and felt the same.
I would agree. Not that people in the back seat have complained, but when I put a hand next to the vent, I have felt that the 2nd row vents throw noticeably less amount of air.
Old 6th June 2013, 22:12   #4435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I would agree. Not that people in the back seat have complained, but when I put a hand next to the vent, I have felt that the 2nd row vents throw noticeably less amount of air.
I can imagine how difficult it would be for people sitting in the middle row with no tints to help them. Its better to make them sit in the third row with their own AC controller
Old 6th June 2013, 22:26   #4436
BHPian

Quote:

I can imagine how difficult it would be for people sitting in the middle row with no tints to help them. Its better to make them sit in the third row with their own AC controller
Very true the third row passengers had some control over the air flow speed, none for the second row passengers. But they felt a little better after i changed the mode to hand-leg and the flow from the vents underneath the front seats were activated with increased blower speed too.
anandtheleo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 22:44   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very true the third row passengers had some control over the air flow speed, none for the second row passengers. But they felt a little better after i changed the mode to hand-leg and the flow from the vents underneath the front seats were activated with increased blower speed too.
Thats a very good "jugaard"

This way front passengers dont have to face strong winds blowing on their faces and middle passenger can enjoy little bit of more air from underneath.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 06:44   #4438
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The AC is effective. The flow 'seems' low. The only time my father complained about its being hot in the rear-seat, the particular vent was blocked and was not throwing out any air.

Quote:
You can try, increasing the blower speed and then closing the front vents partially to avoid a strong draft from the front vents.

Also, putting white cloths on the window glass does help to protect the occupants from direct heat from the sun.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0086.jpg

On a separate note, please do get your AC checked for leakage of gas.

Last edited by SDP : 7th June 2013 at 07:09.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 08:35   #4439
BHPian

I can't agree more.
On more than one occasion, the family had complained about high temperatures in the second row, while I was freezing my fingers numb, holding the steering wheel. I tried to close the driver side vents, then the passenger side vents throws more air.
Let me try closing all of the front row vents and see if the throw is better on the second row.

Thanks @SDP, let me check the AC for gas leakage and clean the filters as well, the next time I visit the SS.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:14   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Got a overall mileage of 14 as shown on the infotainment
Oh no, I have always been getting a max of 10.5 through tank full method during highway travel. Not in the infotainment, but when I calculate with the fuel filled vs the kms run. I do run at speeds where I hear the beep, but that is only for a minute at most and I reduce to 120. I hit the beep speed only when I see the road ahead is empty with zero vehicles ahead of me

Quote:
Continuing my hot & cold relationship with my XUV (like a girlfriend).
Exactly the same here. My kids and parents travelled in the 2nd row, complained of the area being hot. When they shifted to 3rd row, they felt better as there is control there for them.

Quote:
To circumvent this, had to close the vent in the first row, the fan speed increased in the 2nd row

Quote:
Thats a very good "jugaard"
This way front passengers dont have to face strong winds blowing on their faces and middle passenger can enjoy little bit of more air from underneath.
Or, close the vent in the first row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
I can't agree more.
Let me try closing all of the front row vents and see if the throw is better on the second row.

Thanks @SDP, let me check the AC for gas leakage and clean the filters as well, the next time I visit the SS.
Yes, this worked for me, where I closed the front vents (3 out of 4) and it was better-to-good in the 2nd row seat.

Due to this, my kids prefer sitting in the 3rd row even while we are just 4 travelling as they get independent control of the fan speed.

@SDP, I doubt that in a 5k kms run car, which turned 2 months yesterday to have a gas leak, nevertheless will have my RM check that. Probably filters, yes could be, but my kids had this problem right from day 1

Last edited by krishnaraja : 7th June 2013 at 11:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks