Old 18th October 2011, 18:44   #421
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Here comes my XUV 500

Got the delivery today
WOW Congrats Mannubhai

Look forward to hear you ownership experience of this "new kid on the block" Good color and I am sure it would look awesome with the LED park lights ON when you zip through MG Road/Brigade Road at night.

Wish you Happy & Safe Driving.
Old 18th October 2011, 18:53   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congrats on the new ride. Can you please confirm if the outside mirrors are power foldable or not? There has been a confusion in their brochure hence wanted to know.
Nitin, last weekend, i had been for another TD. Specifically checked the mirrors with the SA. Sorry to say, Auto fold is available only on W8.
It folds only when one locks the vehicle with the remote and it opens when engine is started. The SA did a demo too.
Old 18th October 2011, 18:57   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Nitin, last weekend, i had been for another TD. Specifically checked the mirrors with the SA. Sorry to say, Auto fold is available only on W8.
It folds only when one locks the vehicle with the remote and it opens when engine is started. The SA did a demo too.
So can this feature be added from dealer while taking the delivery?

Quote:
Nitin, Thanks a lot .. The outside mirrors are NOT power foldable in a W6. The adjustments though are electric.
Thanks for the quick reply. Its sad that they changed it without anyone noticing it.
Old 18th October 2011, 18:59   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here comes my XUV 500

Got the delivery today
Congrats Mannubhai! You are the first TBHPian to get the delivery and we are envy you!
Awaiting your initial ownership reviews and the overall dealer / purchase experience!
Old 18th October 2011, 18:59   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? On Day 1 I saw a W6 being wheeled in and the driver pressed the button for folding it automatically.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:06   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Here comes my XUV 500

Got the delivery today
Mannu Bhai, congrats. please post as many pics as possible. I love the XUV in black and wifey loves it in white. Need to convince her
Quote:
So can this feature be added from dealer while taking the delivery?
You need to check with your dealer if they arrange for a motor if there is one required in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Are you sure? On Day 1 I saw a W6 being wheeled in and the driver pressed the button for folding it automatically.
As told by the SA. I couldn't check on the W6. All the test vehicles were W8. Also, Mannubhai has confirmed the same.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:12   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Thats right. Infact Mahindra had quietly removed this feature from W6 without anyone noticing it. I know this cause even i saw it working when i first went to showroom on 1st oct. But then someone here told me that its not there. Then when i checked the website again, it changed to "NO" for power foldable mirrors.
That's a cheap trick by Mahindra, never expected this from them that too to a new car.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:14   #428
BHPian

Manson, thanks for your effort in doing the review. Excellent job.

I test drove a W8 today and would like to share a couple of thoughts with everyone.

Three things stood out the most for me: 1) Performance; 2) Ride quality; and 3) Handling.

The XUV has mind boggling performance! It pulled, pulled and pulled some more in every gear. I shifted to the 6th gear around 100 kph and it kept pulling very quickly to 120. The road didn't permit a speed beyond that, but it was clear that it would have climbed beyond that very very easily. Hence it will be an excellent cruiser for highway trips. Effortless driving.

I had read about the handling being good and gave it a shot. I swerved the car sharply at a speed of 80 kph around a corner and boy did it hold it's line well. Absolutely no body roll. Very re-assuring. It felt planted.

The road that I test drove on had some uneven patches and I purposely tried these at both low and high speeds. Very smooth in both cases. Also got the sales person to try the same thing while I sat at the back. Very smooth again.

The remaining aspects of the vehicle, I felt, are very much in line with Manson's review as well as views from a lot of other people on this forum.

While there were parts of the interior that were not up to the mark, the thing that looked most out of place was the quality of the plastic of the white lights on the roofs for each passenger. Very poor.

I would like to buy a sedan in the 9 lakh budget, but after the XUV launch, am very very tempted to stretch and consider the W8 at 14!

The Mahindra sales people had no clue when the bookings would re-open. One said 6 months, while another said 1.5-2 months. They also had no clue on whether it will be at the same price.

Cheers
Virtualaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:16   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here comes my XUV 500

Got the delivery today
Congratulations mannubhai. I believe you are actually the first Tbhpian to get the XUV. Awaiting your detailed ownership thread at the earliest with actual performance /interiors report.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:20   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Thats right. Infact Mahindra had quietly removed this feature from W6 without anyone noticing it. I know this cause even i saw it working when i first went to showroom on 1st oct. But then someone here told me that its not there. Then when i checked the website again, it changed to "NO" for power foldable mirrors.
That's a cheap trick by Mahindra, never expected this from them that too to a new car.
Even the brochures that was given from the showroom says 'Y' for W6. Guess they have corrected that in new brochures.
Nitin, Are you sure you saw it working in a W6 or could it just be a print error from m&m.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:25   #431
BHPian

Quote:
As told by the SA. I couldn't check on the W6. All the test vehicles were W8. Also, Mannubhai has confirmed the same.
Quote:
Quote:
Even the brochures that was given from the showroom says 'Y' for W6. Guess they have corrected that in new brochures.
Nitin, Are you sure you saw it working in a W6 or could it just be a print error from m&m.
Now the website is updated to N for Power-foldable ORVMs!

Last edited by LastActionHero : 18th October 2011 at 19:29.
LastActionHero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:26   #432
BHPian

Congrats Mannubhai...the SUV looks great. Please post some interior pics.
Expecting the ownership review soon.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:28   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i saw it on W6 and infact i sat in W6 only and can really recall i saw the button too on the top right hand side of the door panel where power window switches are located.

As for the brochure, it does say "Y" and i am dead sure that on their website too it was "Y" initially but then it was changed.
The reason i remember all this cause i really needed this feature and remember that this was one of the reason to go for W6 as rest all were "no use feature" for me. But i guess its my bad luck
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:28   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Here comes my XUV 500

Got the delivery today
many congratulations for the 1st XUV on team BHP. Cant wait for your ownership thread and much more detailed pics. Black looks awesome on it
Old 18th October 2011, 19:33   #435
BHPian

wow, first on Tbhp i guess, get going with the report buddy and congrats

happy miles with the cheetah

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks