Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 22:15   #3346
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire_Cat View Post
Booked the W8 Opulent Purple last week from Sireesh Auto(near Silkboard on way to Hosur). They have given me a delivery date in Dec this year.
I haven't got any mail from the Mahindra guys so far. In fact I haven't yet got a receipt for the 40k down registration fee which they said they would email. I have to follow up on that one.
If by 'Mahindra guys' you mean corporate M&M, you are NOT going to get any mail from them. When I booked my XUV here at Jamshedpur on 20.08.12, I was told by the sales guy that after my booking details were fed into the M&M MIS / ERP system by the dealer I'd get a mail directly from corporate M&M which would give me a clearer idea about the expected date of delivery. However, I never got any such mail though the dealer was prompt enough to email to me scans of the OTF (order taking form) and Cash Receipt (for 40K) on 20.08.12 itself. Subsequently I have been informed that corporate M&M has stopped communicating directly with customers.

My dealer (M/s Alfa Motors, Jamshedpur) has given me a tentative waiting period of 60 days.
Old 19th September 2012, 23:57   #3347
BHPian

After much debate I finally booked the XUV 500 W8 (white) today at siressh auto. Now the long wait begins. I have been promised the vehicle some time in Jan -2013. Lets see what happens. Cant wait to get my hands on one.
Old 20th September 2012, 03:40   #3348
BHPian

Without quoting anyone I would like to say that the fact that the color is discontinued simply means that it's "discontinued". Was anyone who booked that color has been denied? These are mass producing companies and are not into boutique selling.
They at least tried to change consumer taste by offering color variants that were not popular. Did they demand extra for that? How many companies provide two sets of interior color schemes? Can someone ask the cellphone company to create a plan just because one customer want it that way? Or can someone go to a Lifestyle and ask for a pair of jeans that they have discontinued?
Beige interiors dangerous? now come on let's stick to topic.
rohitbagai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 08:05   #3349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai
Without quoting anyone I would like to say that the fact that the color is discontinued simply means that it's "discontinued". Was anyone who booked that color has been denied? These are mass producing companies and are not into boutique selling.
They at least tried to change consumer taste by offering color variants that were not popular. Did they demand extra for that? How many companies provide two sets of interior color schemes? Can someone ask the cellphone company to create a plan just because one customer want it that way? Or can someone go to a Lifestyle and ask for a pair of jeans that they have discontinued?
Think about this Rohit.
As a paying consumer, one has the right to demand the earth, the moon and pluto as well if one chooses to.
My family have been buying Mahindras for the last 30 odd years. It is only now that I have moved away from their brand(s).
I will rant at them as much as I like. I guess it helps that I keep in regular correspondence with several of their senior people.
Bottomline, I will rant!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 08:46   #3350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
As far as two sets of interior schemes goes, its surprising that Ford offers 2 colors i.e ebony and coral as its interiors scheme for the Figo. And the figo is worth 3 times lesser than Xuv.
And cellphone companies do keep the option of customising your plans like amount of free sms, free talktime call rates etc.

How hard can it be for Mahindra to allow the dual color schemes and other things that users are talking of here. Customers are ready to pay and MnM even have a customization department, then whats the hassle in providing the color schemes that the customer wants and is ready to pay for.

And about Beige interiors, my opinion is they are difficult to maintain and easily get dirty. Ive no idea about their safety though.
Old 20th September 2012, 10:48   #3351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

Think about this Rohit.
As a paying consumer, one has the right to demand the earth, the moon and pluto as well if one chooses to.
Yes you can, but demanding sun from moon, is not what I understand.
In reality we can't even demand a different make of tyres before the delivery leave aside a discontinued shade. It's something we can request, and they can (usually) oblige.
Basically I fail to understand how can someone demand something that's "discontinued" (no longer available for sale)

Last edited by rohitbagai : 20th September 2012 at 10:58.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:16   #3352

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Thanks very much Jamal and dkjain! Price seems pretty reasonable and agree with point about the gaps with the M&M official footrest. I am also not a fan of the chrome that is part of the official M&M accessory.
Quick question, is this as sturdy M&M footrest? I heard from other bhpian's that the original footrest is pretty solid and of high quality.
It is quite sturdy and when i checked the price has come down from 12k to 9k now
Old 20th September 2012, 12:50   #3353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
After much debate I finally booked the XUV 500 W8 (white) today at siressh auto. Now the long wait begins. I have been promised the vehicle some time in Jan -2013. Lets see what happens. Cant wait to get my hands on one.
The dealer promised the car within 4 weeks here in Chennai for all colours.Why should it take 3+ months in Bangalore??
Old 20th September 2012, 13:42   #3354
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In the case of the Yeti, they offer some rather delicious and subtle shades in the European and other Western/ Developed markets.
These shades do not come over to India and probably never will because most of our consumers here want the Flash quotient afforded by that Mato Brown or whatever.

I wonder, suppose one were to pay the booking amount and say that there is no problem with time, then, since these are CKD kits, will they be able to source the colour of choice for the buyer? While this should be possible technically, my guess is that the typical manufacturing company bureaucracy will put a full stop to it!
I believe more than the bureaucracy, its the administrative overheads and the jugglery in the internal systems (notably production and supply-chain) that the manufacturing company would not be willing to get tangled in. If you offer to pay them extra for this 'special' service, may be they would have some incentive. But again, if this 'service' is not listed in their 'services offered', it would be another systemic nightmare.

Quote:
I remember 4 or 5 years back, writing to the Senior most Managers in Mahindra and asking them if I could pay up my booking amount and order the colour of my choice. In that case it was a discontinued colour Called Turf Green. I was told politely and in no uncertain terms that there was absolutely no chance. I fail to understand this. They have a damfool customization department that regularly churns out monstrosities of design. Things which are neither fish nor fowl in other words and which completely lack aesthetic sense and functionality to boot. But they cannot do a simple thing like a paint job request and that too, for a colour they were offering but have very recently discontinued!
The theory of constraints and optimum batch sizes are to blame for such inflexibility by the manufacturer.
Again I would say not enough incentive to do this. The customization dept would charge a bomb and that's the price one pays for using the machinery for a one-off job.

Quote:
I think that all these big manufacturers would do well to spend more time, energy and effort in looking after their consumers! I mean, the kind of coustomer service that one gets from someone like a Big Box Retailer like a Shoppers Stop or Lifestyle is so much better. Just consider the value of the typical products one buys at these retail establishments and compare that amount to the cost of a blasted car!

I simply cannot understand why, apparently, the higher you go up the value chain in terms of price, the quality of service becomes inversely proportional! Unless of course, one has invested in some relationships directly at the dealership or service place OR if one has a line in to higher management or something like that, which fact, one can dangle over the dealerships' ugly heads like the proverbial Sword of Damocles!
Completely agree with you!

Last edited by SDP : 20th September 2012 at 13:44.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 13:54   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
The dealer promised the car within 4 weeks here in Chennai for all colours.Why should it take 3+ months in Bangalore??
Not sure about the difference in time. However, seems like there is a backlog here. I saw other posts that said 2-3 months as well on this forum.

Does anyone in this forum know the true picture of current wait time? Perhaps someone with some insight into Mahindra.
Old 20th September 2012, 14:20   #3356

Has anyone found an issue with the front mainglass cleaning water pump throw in XUV. How is the throw of water from the bonnet?

The throw is not even coming to the middle section of the screen in my XUV. is this Standard or does it need to reach till the top of the main screen?
Old 20th September 2012, 15:20   #3357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai
Yes you can, but demanding sun from moon, is not what I understand.
In reality we can't even demand a different make of tyres before the delivery leave aside a discontinued shade. It's something we can request, and they can (usually) oblige.
Basically I fail to understand how can someone demand something that's "discontinued" (no longer available for sale)
I dont know what your experience was, but in the case of my Bolero and my Scorpio, which are two vehicles that I have owned at different times over the last 7 - 8 odd years,I have specified and requested for Bridgestone HT Duelers as OEM and Amaron Battery as OEM. In both these requests they have seen fit to oblige me.

Ref the 'discontinued' shade. They did have that TURF Green shade available with them and that paint was used especially in 'repair' and tinkering and repainting cases. So technically it was not really a discontinued colour which was completely unavailable.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:46   #3358
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Kokan View Post
Has anyone found an issue with the front mainglass cleaning water pump throw in XUV. How is the throw of water from the bonnet?

The throw is not even coming to the middle section of the screen in my XUV. is this Standard or does it need to reach till the top of the main screen?
Yes, somehow the factory setting is too low and barely reaches the bottom of the glass. There is no problem with the pump, just the direction of the nozzles.

With a pin you can change the direction of the nozzles upwards and that should solve the problem.
Old 20th September 2012, 21:14   #3359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Not sure about the difference in time. However, seems like there is a backlog here. I saw other posts that said 2-3 months as well on this forum. Does anyone in this forum know the true picture of current wait time? Perhaps someone with some insight into Mahindra.
I booked a Silver W6 on 20.08.12 at Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) with Alfa Motors and was told that waiting time would be 60 days. My Order Taking Form mentions tentative delivery date as "DELIVERY DATE NOT CONFIRMED / 60 DAYS". The sales guy also informed me that the dealer had booked a few W6 (incl. Silver) in their own name in July 2012 and they were obviously likely to be received before my booking fructified and then they would allot one of them to me. Meanwhile, I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed because I have already planned a drive to Delhi for a family get-together in November.

Would anybody know whether there are different wait times for W6 and W8? My local dealer tells me that almost all his bookings are for W8.
Old 20th September 2012, 21:33   #3360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

Would anybody know whether there are different wait times for W6 and W8? My local dealer tells me that almost all his bookings are for W8.
My dealer Sireesh in Bangalore also mentioned that most of the booking are for w8. He also indicated that the darker colors (black, red, purple) had a slightly longer wait times.

Sigh I guess I will have to wait. It will give me some time to sell my accent.
ash_blore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks