Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 14:13   #3256
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu View Post
I just got a call from India Garage. He said a vehicle has been allotted for me. I had a few questions

1. Its true that I have to pay the on-going price at the time of delivery. Its clearly mentioned in the pro-forma I filled while booking. Now if the vehicle is older than 1st September do I still have to pay the new price?
Yes and yes. The price that you need to pay is decided by the price on the day when the dealer invoices the vehicle to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu View Post
2. Do I have to make full payment for PDI? Thats what the SA is telling me.
Generally the gap between PDI and delivery would be 3-4 days. So the payment should be already cleared by that time. If you are not happy with the vehicle in the PDI, you can always ask for a different vehicle.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:43   #3257
BHPian

Hi,
I have a query. The Mahindra helpline tells me that the Dealership should give me the date by which i should get my vehicle. I called up the dealership and they say they have got no information of the same.

Anybody who has booked the XUV recently please let me know what your experiences are abd whether there is any referance number that I could use
Old 5th September 2012, 15:54   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf
Hi,
I have a query. The Mahindra helpline tells me that the Dealership should give me the date by which i should get my vehicle. I called up the dealership and they say they have got no information of the same.

Anybody who has booked the XUV recently please let me know what your experiences are abd whether there is any referance number that I could use
Try escalating to the regional sales manager. You can get his name and email from customer care.

Also write emails to customer care than calling them. You've the conversation history for the former.
Old 5th September 2012, 17:34   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
Hi,

I booked in hyderabad and when I called my dealer after a month of the booking, he was able to provide me with the tentative date of delivery. So, I believe someone at the dealership should have this information. FYI - I was referred to the 'team lead' at the dealership for XUV, who got back to me promptly.
Check with the sales rep who took your order or speak to the dealer and demand this info.
When did you book and what was the date you were promised during your booking? If its only a few days ago, then there is a chance that the dealer did not get a confirmation from Mahindra.
DoneAndDusted is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 18:33   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Prabhu,

You ve posted your query at the right moment.

Prevailing prices are applicable at delivery and the SA is correct in saying that, however, please DO NOT make a full payment before the PDI.

The SA will give you a million reasons but tell him/her frankly that you need to do a PDI at the YARD (this is very important) prior to signing the final dotted line.

Let me know if you are finding this difficult and I will assist you in this.
My dealer refuses to give PDI. He says as per company policy they cannot do it. He says we can only see the vehicle on the delivery date. I have noticed that fellow teambhp members, here were also not able to do PDI. What to do?

BTW in my case I will be making full payment, have already made advance payment excluding loan amount, before PDI. Loan amount also will be transferred by the banker tomorrow. Only the current increase in price & the price for accessories & insurance remain. If at allthey allow me to do PDI, does I have a leeway to refuse the vehicle in case not satisfied with it ?

Last edited by Vasuki : 5th September 2012 at 18:35.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:56   #3261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
My dealer refuses to give PDI. He says as per company policy they cannot do it.
Aha, this is interesting.

Which city? Which dealer?
Since it is "Company Policy", tell him to send you a soft copy of that policy document since it is your right to know as a consumer.

Quote:
He says we can only see the vehicle on the delivery date. I have noticed that fellow teambhp members, here were also not able to do PDI. What to do?
Simple, tell the SA that you will NOT BUY it, till you do a PDI. Stand firm and he/she will budge. Let me know if you are at Bangalore or NCR and I will either assist you in person or send someone. This is atrocious.

Quote:
BTW in my case I will be making full payment, have already made advance payment excluding loan amount, before PDI. Loan amount also will be transferred by the banker tomorrow. Only the current increase in price & the price for accessories & insurance remain. If at allthey allow me to do PDI, does I have a leeway to refuse the vehicle in case not satisfied with it ?
Stop the payment from the bank till you do the PDI. It is your money and you have the right to give it ONLY after due satisfaction. The SA will have a hundred stories....

"Dont we sell so many vehicles without PDI?"

"If something is wrong, it is our responsibility to fix it"

"Bring it in for the first service, and we ll look into it"

"There is no insurance done on the vehicle, so I cannot let you touch it."

Don't go by any of this. I have been able help hundreds of people against such stories by dealers for many years now. Remember, it is YOUR MONEY and you will give it ONLY when you are satisfied.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 20:11   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki

My dealer refuses to give PDI. He says as per company policy they cannot do it. He says we can only see the vehicle on the delivery date. I have noticed that fellow teambhp members, here were also not able to do PDI. What to do?

Never heard such absolute rubbish in my life. Till you pay the money and drive off, you have every right to demand a PDI and any other type of inspection.
Do not take any nonsense from the dealer, but always be polite. Remember you need them to look after your servicing needs!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 00:26   #3263
BANNED

Quote:
My dealer refuses to give PDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki
I have had some heated discussion with my team leader of sales @tvs and he told me, he will try his best to allow me do the PDI.
Hi Vasuki,
Sorry, but I m quoting your PM and my reply here for the benefit of all.

Even when you buy a shirt costing a few hundred rupees, you try it, wear it and even then, have the liberty of refusing it.
It is your right.

This is a vehicle costing 1.5 million. and the TL is NOT doing a favor by allowing you to do the PDI.

They will keep exploiting customers like you till YOU exercise your rights.

Let me know in case you need M&M help on this.

Last edited by n.devdath : 6th September 2012 at 00:30.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 09:18   #3264
BHPian

Found 2 exterior images of the DC modified XUV500 in today's Times of India.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv_front.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv_side.jpg

(Pic courtsey Times of India)
tachobells is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 09:35   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
I booked in hyderabad and when I called my dealer after a month of the booking, he was able to provide me with the tentative date of delivery. So, I believe someone at the dealership should have this information. FYI - I was referred to the 'team lead' at the dealership for XUV, who got back to me promptly.
Check with the sales rep who took your order or speak to the dealer and demand this info.
When did you book and what was the date you were promised during your booking? If its only a few days ago, then there is a chance that the dealer did not get a confirmation from Mahindra.
I booked it on 16th of August. I guess i need wait a week more.

Quote:

I Suggest you call the Dealership and tell them that you intend to cancel the booking if they dont let you do the PDI. It is highly possible that the dealership screwed something up and are trying to put it on your head. If this is not the case this threat should get them to give you the PDI.

If this dosent work call 18002667000 (Exclusive XUV Customer call center). You can give them your booking number. it should be in the bill that they gave you. tell them this is the case (dont mention the words PDI, Tell them the dealership is not even letting you see the vehicle which makes you nervous about the quality of the car) and you need to talk to the M&M person in your area to sort this out. this is the only point of contact I have for M&M so far and they are quiet responsive.

I think they are acting funny cos if you cancel the booking the vehicle is on their head. just be firm and they should oblige

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th September 2012 at 09:58.
Old 6th September 2012, 15:20   #3266
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Vasuki,

I understand you are facing issues with TVS. So is it cochin or TVM. I also faced the same issue with TVS, cochin a month back when they cited the company policy against PDI. Infact I had a great fight with the sales person on this matter, when I wasted an entire day travelling from bangalore to cochin just to do the PDI and was informed the car was in their palaghat yard. Check out the post for further details on this incident
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2864334

They allowed me to check out the car only at the time of delivery. So was not able to do a very detailed PDI. But still did a brief check to ensure most of the usually faced niggles were not there.

Anyway just to take off your worries, my car so far is doing good after almost a month and 2000kms. Apart from the common niggles, everything is going OK so far. Sometimes thinking positively helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
I Suggest you call the Dealership and tell them that you intend to cancel the booking if they dont let you do the PDI.

I think they are acting funny cos if you cancel the booking the vehicle is on their head. just be firm and they should oblige
I dont think the dealer would be too much worried with the cancellation considering the waiting list. I am sure there would be some one down the list expecting his/her car in 5-6 months with ready cash to buy it. And I know people who have got the vehicle without even booking just based on the high level contacts.

FundaG
Old 7th September 2012, 02:24   #3267
BHPian

Hi, I have also booked my W6 Black color on August 8th and when I checked yesterday, they said that cpd date is feb 27 2013, I was shocked to hear that date as it is 7 months from my booking. I am in a confused state with price hike and 7 months delivery.
Old 7th September 2012, 13:18   #3268
BHPian

Mamba, My XUV is in service. The 3rd free one at 20k kms.

Expecting to get it today.

The following are things, I have asked him to check and rectify :

1) RHS Indicators malfunctioning . Works at times, doesnt work at times
2) LED has conked off . Needs replacement
3) Light throw from head lights. Need correction on the dark triangle formation from RHS light
4) Right back mudflap is to be replaced
5)Wiper is not cleaning well. Also the LHS wiper has come out of socket.
6)Brake grinding noise ( The RM says, they are replacing the brake pads of the initial lot of vehicles. He would get stocks in 20 days. Now he would clean it)
7) Clutch is very tight.

The approx estimate is 6.5k , for consumables.

Will update post delivery .
mannubhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 15:35   #3269
Senior - BHPian

Can someone give me more information about the roof rails on XUV? I'm thinking about adding a roofbox and what I learnt from the guy at Thule is this vehicle has got 'six point roof rails' also, it has got bolts insted of the nuts (usual thing) and they are still getting the right equipment to fix the roofbox on this type of vehicles which may take 2-4 weeks.
I'm also checking with TropicoolIndia to see if I can get one by Inno (Jap brand name), again they are clueless on whether their universal mount system will work on this or not.

I may either go with a lowdown profile that is more convenient for highspeed or an air cruiser type that has got lesser height to ensure it doesnt affect the vehicle stability on high speed runs. If you have a prior experience of driving high speed with one such roofbox, plesae share. I also read about some air fairer accessories that is used to direct the wind resistance and noise at high speed if you have a carrier fixed, no idea if thats the same case for roofboxes as well (though they seem to haev aerodynamic shape but there will be some space between the roofbox and the roof).

I may have tried and avoided this, it seems I may need to seat 7 folks in the car on my next long trip and hence thinking about it.
Thank you.
Old 7th September 2012, 20:12   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Mamba, My XUV is in service. The 3rd free one at 20k kms.

Expecting to get it today.

The following are things, I have asked him to check and rectify :

1) RHS Indicators malfunctioning . Works at times, doesnt work at times
2) LED has conked off . Needs replacement
3) Light throw from head lights. Need correction on the dark triangle formation from RHS light
4) Right back mudflap is to be replaced
5)Wiper is not cleaning well. Also the LHS wiper has come out of socket.
6)Brake grinding noise ( The RM says, they are replacing the brake pads of the initial lot of vehicles. He would get stocks in 20 days. Now he would clean it)
7) Clutch is very tight.

The approx estimate is 6.5k , for consumables.

Will update post delivery .
Mannubhai, please update me on the LED light, as in did you had to pay for it or you got it replaced free of cost as i have heard few of the members where able to do so. Mine too conked off few days back hence waiting for 3rd service (which is due this month).
Also, didnt you change to new brake pads that were released sometime back? I have heard that there is a 3rd generation pads now available. Let me know if the pads you got are the 2nd or 3rd generation ones. Mine is on the 2nd one, and they are more irritating than the original ones

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks