Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 05:26   #2326
BHPian

^^ not yet but I was also wondering if someone could give a first hand experience of the kits on XUV. I am also planning to get it done.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:22   #2327
mxx
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Has anyone installed Petes tuning box /racedynamics DieselTRONIC on their XUV? If so, please share your exp
Do they have anything for 140bhp mHawk yet? Atleast not mentioned on their website. They have for 120bhp (scorpio engine). The only tuning box for 140 bhp version I have come across is from racechip.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:41   #2328
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO : Test Drive & Review

Drove the XUV today.

I liked everything about it, save for the overdone front-end. It is fast, refined (for a Mahindra), has dollops of torque and it literally flies. Almost zero lag, immensely drive-able.

The Car had ~750kms on the odo and the transmission was good and a massive upgrade from Mahindras I have driven, especially when you have to snick into 3rd. I always paused prior to shifting into 3rd, especially in the Scorpio, but not on this.

The wipers too clean the surface completely (used the wash-wipe feature) and licks as if someone cleaned it with his/her tongue.

The only other x UV which compares to it as far as ride/handling combo goes is the 2.8 Pajero. (Am yet to sample the GV/Outlander...) There wasn't much body-roll either.

The brakes feel wooden, but stop on a dime. I took the Car to ~140kmph and the acceleration is very brisk. Very few Cars/ x UV's can be on its tail if driven hard.

Have a query - Does the recirculate air button be pressed everytime the Car is started? I remember switching it on everytime.

Can this engine be fitted in the Verito Mahindra?

A fast highway cruiser I must say.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0439.jpg  

Old 24th April 2012, 19:00   #2329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have a query - Does the recirculate air button be pressed everytime the Car is started? I remember switching it on everytime.
Hi Sheel, IIRC, most modern cars start in fresh air mode. This is because, when the car has been stopped for a while, with windows closed, the inside air would be stale.
You have to manually switch to re-circulation, if you need it.

Quote:
Can this engine be fitted in the Verito Mahindra?
Why would you wish so sir??.. The Verito, IMO, has the perfect engine for its image and purpose.
Old 24th April 2012, 19:13   #2330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Sheel, IIRC, most modern cars start in fresh air mode. This is because, when the car has been stopped for a while, with windows closed, the inside air would be stale.
You have to manually switch to re-circulation, if you need it.
I thought only Germans followed this trend.

Quote:
Why would you wish so sir??.. The Verito, IMO, has the perfect engine for its image and purpose.
(Err, let me think ) There is no other sedan with Mahindra and on a hatch/sedan around ~8L, this would be a rocket. Wishes...
Old 24th April 2012, 19:51   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Drove the XUV today.

A fast highway cruiser I must say.
Nope, if the AC is 'not' in Auto mode when it was switched off. It will start with internal circulation only (if that was the last position). I do this all the time in mine.
Old 25th April 2012, 13:09   #2332

Has anyone got an intimation from M&M about the customer promised date (CPD) in this "missed lottery" round of bookings? I was told that M&M will allot the dates around the 21st but when I called up the dealer - India Garage - in Bangalore, he is saying that he has not received any intimation from M&M and does not know when he will receive this intimation. He only says that he will inform me as soon as M&M allots the dates.
Old 25th April 2012, 17:18   #2333
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
Has anyone got an intimation from M&M about the customer promised date (CPD) in this "missed lottery" round of bookings? I was told that M&M will allot the dates around the 21st but when I called up the dealer - India Garage - in Bangalore, he is saying that he has not received any intimation from M&M and does not know when he will receive this intimation. He only says that he will inform me as soon as M&M allots the dates.
Please check my last post in this thread. I was initially promised that I would get a call from M&M directly for the customer promised date (CPD) on 22nd Apr, which has been postponed to 25/26th Apr. So currently I am expecting a call today/tomorrow.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:52   #2334

My parents were able to rebook on 20th April.
Actually Mahindra did not stop taking booking until 20 April.
Funny, I called the Sales rep at Chandigarh dealership today. It so transpires that Mahindra HO is working on scheduling delivery dates for re-bookers and deliveries are expected pretty early i.e. as early as June for re-bookers. Dealers are expecting notification from Mahindra HO with regards to re-booker's delivery schedule on 30 April 2012. So, I have been told.
Old 26th April 2012, 01:16   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJSINGH View Post
It so transpires that Mahindra HO is working on scheduling delivery dates for re-bookers and deliveries are expected pretty early i.e. as early as June for re-bookers. Dealers are expecting notification from Mahindra HO with regards to re-booker's delivery schedule on 30 April 2012. So, I have been told.
This may not be a surprise. As per the communication I received during booking the booking date will be decided based on the sequence they came up with through lucky draw. So the 3rd slot delivery date will be purely based on your luck again.
Old 26th April 2012, 02:19   #2336

I also meant to hint at the fact that it appears a considerably significant number of bookings out of the initial 8000 have turned out to be a farce as majority were looking to make a quick Black buck and/or made mutiple bookings, thus liquidating a serious propotion of 8000. However Mahindra ramped up based on what looked like an exceptional demand, which was what typically what heppens in India, i.e. everything becomes a jump for all or any/everyone wants to make a quick buck on any forceable opportunity thus making the situation distant from reality. Clearly this is case if you think about it. Now Mahindra has ramped up production and not all that so much demand uin reality....also the rebooking opportunity for unlucky applicants wasn't publicised nor has there been any market communication to say the least....
Old 26th April 2012, 10:19   #2337
Senior - BHPian

I havent got a call too. i was told that i will be getting a call only in last week of april or firstweek of may !! . if someone gets a call sooner please report.
Old 26th April 2012, 11:28   #2338
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJSINGH View Post
Now Mahindra has ramped up production and not all that so much demand uin reality....also the rebooking opportunity for unlucky applicants wasn't publicised nor has there been any market communication to say the least....
Don't want to get into any conspiracy theories, but, yes, something is definitely fishy. I saw the XUV ad on TV (I believe on CNBC) today. Have not seen any ads for last 2 months. Looks like another round of bookings is just around the corner.
Old 26th April 2012, 13:20   #2339
BHPian

I just talked to my Sales rep (Sireesh autos) and as per him, the allotment is going to happen in next 2 days and people who booked will be getting a call in two days.

Sorry for the OT, looks like people who are planning for company lease going to face a setback. IT department is likely to ask corporates not to provide cars on company lease to benefit from tax avoidance. Here is the article on TOI: I-Tax sleuths can use GAAR to question pay packages that help in reducing tax - The Times of India

And the crux is this rule may be applicable from April 1st of 2012 as per TOI, if applied So most likely the corporate houses will fall in line and employees will be losing out on a big sum since the interest rate of leasing companies are pretty higher than the market rate.

Now for XUV customer like me, who booked the vehicle on company name for availing car lease, the challenge going to be on how to convince M&M to change the booking back to individual ownership. I am yet to hear back from my sales rep on this. He promised that he is going to take up this one with management and help me out.

-HCP
Old 26th April 2012, 13:23   #2340
BHPian

Guys can anyone confirm what is the permissible wading depth for XUV, Specially for AWD as it has rear axle & PTU.
Since Monsoon will be approaching soon in Mumbai, I need this vital information. Considering the kind of electronics & sensors in XUV I really doubt about it relaiability in couple of feet of water.

thanks

Most Viewed