Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 13:57   #1576
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Has anyone installed any aftermarket accessories for the Auto Door Lock when the car starts from standstill and reaches a particular speed say 20 KM/Hour. I think some of the Honda cars has it as an OEM feature.
Old 27th August 2016, 08:51   #1577
Senior - BHPian

The "waiting period" , for a Honda Brio AT in Pune is "now" at 2 months minimum, as per both the dealers we have here. One would think its Honda's bestselling car or something.
Old 27th August 2016, 09:49   #1578
Senior - BHPian

@sajo; They are using the same assembly lines for the Amaze, Mobilio who belong to the same family. Also, considering what has happened in Indonesia a new Brio may be imminent. So I can see the so called 'wait list'.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 10:25   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The "waiting period" , for a Honda Brio AT in Pune is "now" at 2 months minimum, as per both the dealers we have here. One would think its Honda's bestselling car or something.
Production runs for the Brio AT have been quite low for over a year. Not surprising, if you consider it sells only a couple of thousands every month.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 14:53   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Honda has exported yet another batch of facelifted Brio's from India , but India launch may not be on the horizon.

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-brioexport.jpg

Since my parents are so much sold on the "perfect size" of this car , I may go ahead and book either this in its AT trim or the Micra AT this weekend. May or may not arrive in a reasonable time frame.
Old 31st August 2016, 15:44   #1581
Senior - BHPian

@sajo; I will be very surprised if the Brio Noveau AT does not surface with a new Transmission. Honda seems to be moving from the older 5-speed AT (based on the City which is based on the Civic) to a new CVT type unit. So if you can - WAIT!
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:32   #1582
BHPian

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/09/h...s-india-241256

So the facelift arrives but with a pinch of salt honda seems hell bent on ruining itself in India by providing less and less equipment with every car launch.

Things missing which should have been fixed in this facelift the major one being the rear wiper and washer.

Now this car seems like the VX while evident from the picture i shows the inclusion of the spoiler which is good but theyve removed the fuel economy MID - again stupid.

Dont know why they want to destroy good products, I10 and party have more features so for the average joe who doesnt care about Honda and driving pleasure will buy more of the others than going for this product.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:49   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Can someone let me know what are the tire pressures for the Brio? I saw the sticker and it was at 29PS for the front and 26PS for the rear. Felt low especially the rear.

Please confirm if that is correct and how much more we can go on the positive side for each end? Earlier, my sister's car was running on 30 all around. Got it reduced to 29 last time and it felt better.

Still think the rear is a bit jumpy and I am having to slow down greatly for speed breakers since the rear throws around the people on launching over it and coming down.

Thank you!
Old 5th September 2016, 13:12   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I saw the sticker and it was at 29PS for the front and 26PS for the rear.

Still think the rear is a bit jumpy and I am having to slow down greatly for speed breakers since the rear throws around the people on launching over it and coming down.
Yup, that's the Honda recommended pressure. I have tried various combos with my stock tires, including 26 at the rear, and reducing pressure makes only a little bit difference to the ride quality. So currently I run 30 all around.

The car's tiny wheelbase and a hard suspension are the culprit for this bumpiness. Maybe switching to a softer compound tire, like Michelin, can help reduce all that jumping around. I have learnt to live with it.
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 13:23   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
Yup, that's the Honda recommended pressure. Maybe switching to a softer compound tire, like Michelin, can help reduce all that jumping around. I have learnt to live with it.
Currently on Goodyear. Don't think they will changing it anytime soon since it was a second car until recently.

Maybe I will be the one to change. Pushing them all the way to sell it to me

Will try moving to 29/28 next time and see the difference. Thanks again!
Old 5th September 2016, 14:30   #1586
BHPian

I maintain 32/29 (front/rear) all the time. Keeping the pressure 29 at rear keeps away some bounciness but the stiff ride and hard suspension still exists. My tyres are ready for a change as I already got 53K on the ODO and will probably change it to Michelin XM2 185/64 R14 on stock wheels. That hopefully should bring some relief to the ride quality. The dealer is asking Rs.4600/- per tyre. Experts please advice:
1. Do you think my tyre choice & costing quoted by dealer is good enough? Any changes you recommend?
2. What should be the recommended tyre pressure if I go with the above new wheels?
Old 25th September 2016, 00:31   #1587
BHPian

I am facing an issue where I am not hearing an expected sound.

Sometimes (<50%) in my Honda Brio, when I start the vehicle, the normal sensor beeps to warn about seat belts and brakes don't come on. Neither does the clicky sound when indicators are on. However, when I stop the car, remove the key, and go through the ignition process again, all these sounds come back most of the time.

Any advise, what could be the issue? The car is still in warranty.
Old 26th September 2016, 20:12   #1588
BHPian

A big hello to what definitely seems like the Honda Brio owners club on here. I purchased a preloved March 2012 make Honda Brio V/MT in Alabaster Silver just around 3 months back, soon after landing my first job. It was somewhat a gift from my grandfather as well as a necessity when you stay on the outskirts of Bangalore.

It had done just 21k, looked and drove really fresh and had been serviced regularly (except the last one) at ASS. It still had around 9 months of insurance cover and having brought the price down to 3.8L, I decided to take the plunge. Magnum Honda Auto Terrace (Kanakpura Road) threw in 3 free services and 1 year warranty and it seemed almost irresistible. They also touched up a couple of minor dents before delivery, all inclusive

Its done a little more than 3000 kms now, 700 after the scheduled service and it just gets better the more I drive it (It was only used for short distances by the previous owner, around 7-10 km a day). I've redlined only a couple of times till now, generally being a sedate driver (Car lover through and through but you have to go easy on her). There's commendable stability on the highways as well. Yes, I swoon every time I see her in the morning. I am truly in love.

First job means a frugal lifestyle and I get around 16.5-19 kpl in the city (Not in heavy traffic jams, I choose my time of travel well. Ah, the lessons I've learnt in Bangalore :Frustrate ) and 22-23 kpl highway (Odometer indication. I've noticed its usually around 0.5-1 kpl less by the tank full method) so she supports me quite well. Being relatively tiny means she's a breeze to manoeuvre through the city and to park (Used to i20 and larger vehicles). I'll put in more of my views once I get some free time to put up a post on her.

Finally, a question to experienced Brio owners, do I change the fuel filter as per the manual? It says every 4 years if I remember right but the SA said its not required. And I maintain 31FR/28RR since I baby her through bad roads and use main roads/highways when possible. More comfortable in regular city driving at the default 29/26 though

A little dusty but the apple of my eye

PS. This is my first ever post although I've been an avid reader for years now. Just thought I should have my own car before I get my own login
saur95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 20:47   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your Brio! The silver colour makes it look elegant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
Finally, a question to experienced Brio owners, do I change the fuel filter as per the manual? It says every 4 years if I remember right but the SA said its not required.
Stick to the manual's instructions and get it replaced per the manual. This is particularly true since yours is a pre-owned model, so you have no assurance on what quality of fuel the previous owner might have used. You might also wish to consider a one-off cleaning of the fuel tank at the same time.

You mention you are on the highway at times in the Brio - you really don't want a clogged fuel filter stranding you there.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 08:23   #1590
BHPian

Launch of the facelifted Brio likely on October 4th. Alongside the 5-MT, the new G-design shift CVT could be brought in. Competitive pricing is the pivotal point here. Honda killed the previous gen Brio with exorbitant pricing and I hope they won't do the same again!

Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks